Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

one thing that sucked about the emu...which is the background behind this last bit of history, is that it really did lack the politik of the live servers.

on live you could tell tales, truths, or spin versions of the two together and the result could be very material.  On Emu the politician is either one side of the other and it's everyone just talking to themselves.

for instance, re: the holam tree.

Fact: as stated, wm had been crashing cr's banes and literally 'begging' to be baned...They had crashed 2? Crashing someone elses party is always grounds for a party at your house.

Impact: none. story was CR zergs poor holam tree news at 11.

Fact: Thor dropped the rock on Holam's tree before any of the cn banes were dropped.

Impact: None. story: CR Zergs poor holam tree after wm gets chain baned. 

Fact: Despite having every reason to bane WM, CR offers to pull off, if WM refunds the cost of the stone...cr understanding that being chain baned is pretty poorly made socksty.

Impact: Zero. WM shoes with 2 groups against 3.5, gets crushed, cries zerg.

Fact: The largest cr pop was when it had multiple wm subs tagged to it...thus creating the infamous 56 bros.

Impact: Somehow even after wm's 2ish groups unsubbed...immediately after that bane...cr still had 56 bros and gave excuse for valitard and wm to zerg it up to take down cr.

Despite the facts being what they were, the story got spun by whoever shouted the loudest (at themselves)...and basically just served as an excuse to hold hands during the subsequent baning. Basically, everyone listening was already an engaged party on one side or the other.

I'm looking forward too hearing political crap that isn't directly affecting everyone in the reading audience...it's definitely more entertaining when there is a population to influence.

This is a lie. Bardiel said WM is the best and NEVER losses, ever, because they are the best to EVER...and I mean EVER play SB, pound for pound. They are unbeaten....no way he's lying right?

Second...why in the world did you guys play under CR tags and not vice versa? CR is always a sub 99% of the time it seems, even since live.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

This is a lie. Bardiel said WM is the best and NEVER losses, ever, because they are the best to EVER...and I mean EVER play SB, pound for pound. They are unbeaten....no way he's lying right?

Second...why in the world did you guys play under CR tags and not vice versa? CR is always a sub 99% of the time it seems, even since live.

that first emu window we only had 5-8 occ playing. CR was kind enough to give us a home.

We did the next version (post wipe) solo...as temple lore no less...(at least for a time).

Holy crap, the 56 sweet spot war is still being rehashed to this day. Looks like the OCC propaganda machine is still hard at work lol. Those were definitely fun times though.

Edited by xkris

OCD or whatever got crushed, fade into obscurity like the nonfactors you are

being beaten by a factor dont make ya a factor in the longrun 

edit: and you had a winrate in fights of like 1 percent

Edited by spank99

OCD or whatever got crushed, fade into obscurity like the nonfactors you are

being beaten by a factor dont make ya a factor in the longrun 

edit: and you had a winrate in fights of like 1 percent

bm or whatever didn't actually do anything that war, as least not without their good buddies from g1 and validation so i'm not quite sure who you're referring to.

but the validwerg1zerg alliance definitely won the war that phase (which you should have considering the numbers advantage you had)...congratulations on being an integral part of heavily outnumbering your opponent. Of course that wasn't occ, it was cr. we didnt have 'our' people in game till the next phase...

where when we finally got a chance at wm with even numbers...we dropped the rock...we came to party....annnd...

wm subbed to the server zerg to save it's pixels.

that is some legacy material there i tell ya.

WM IS THE FRIGGIN BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDEST WORLD* 

* as long wm and applicable allies have a numeric of advantage** of greater than or equal to 30%. 

**for the purposes of this document, WM presenting a numbers advantage of 30% or greater shall be considered 'even numbers'

Trash kids trying to forumbane with the forum and in game kings. Not gonna happen chumps. Your home is in the dumpster, where it's always been, because you're trash.

Trash kids trying to forumbane with the forum and in game kings. Not gonna happen chumps. Your home is in the dumpster, where it's always been, because you're trash.

It's not nice to talk to our guildmates like that.

CF_Van.png

No, we didn't. It's quite possible that you mentioned this supposed offer to "no show" the bane in the past, but I have never discussed it with you or anyone else prior to this. As I said before, I was never made aware of any such offer by Holam, chet, or anyone else for that matter. I'm not saying that the offer never happened - I don't really care to be honest, it's a non-issue for me.

Then I don't understand why you don't share these pieces of evidence if they support your argument. I contended that you were selective with the evidence that you did preserve (call it "cherry-picking") in that you've saved screenshots from banes where NZSP apparently made a sizable contribution. This contention is based on the evidence that you did post and my own firsthand experience of a significant number of banes where G1 was not a factor. In fact, the two videos that I posted demonstrate this. Now, if you do have hard evidence from all of the banes, that's great. I would love to see it. If that evidence refutes some of my positions, I do not have a problem with it. Like you, I'll apologize when I'm genuinely mistaken ... but then again, when did you do that? You were clearly mistaken about the assertion that we used 4 groups of CN against an admin tree. That one, in fact, was a complete fiction, pulled from only god knows where.

We've covered all of this material before. There is no need for me to waste my time reposting even the small percentage of items I've posted previously in discussions with you. For example, we discussed the context of the screenshots I posted here.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=16273&p=236834&hilit=holam%27s+town#p236834

We discussed you helping CN take SD's desert city.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=16481&p=252027&hilit=killspam

Then again, perhaps we should take your word for it.

MaT.png

I mean, seriously, with your memory being so perfect, shouldn't you be posting these to prove your point to me?

(Hey, I finally am getting to use the sarcasm you accused me of!)

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

https://youtu.be/6CWrR1Neoj0?t=33

test_sig_hurt_short.png

-Draconic Warlords, Usual Suspects, Freaks of Nature, Disturbed Forces, The Hate Crew, TSCCC-

I know we all look alike to you but stop with the stereotyping. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

You work really hard for sheet that's mostly in your imagination, deep in the past and even deeper down anyone's give a fark list.

I have not posted a thing that is imaginary. All of my commentary regarding QFT is based on facts and direct knowledge. When Mr. Gonzo requested evidence, I provided it. The only posts containing imaginary content in this series of threads are those authored by Gonzo or yourself, i.e., QFT board warriors.

It's interesting that the collective strategy of the anti-WM crowd here appears to be one that stresses the significance of in-game events that were both insignificant and barely relevant. In this case, we see mention of the fact that some WM players played under CR tags, and not vice versa, to fight ReTuNe's zerg of juggalos and Chinese players. It is true that certain WM players played under CR tags for an extremely brief period for this purpose, but it can hardly be said that WM "subbed" to CR. The players who played under CR tags during this period were almost all members of WM sub-guilds, i.e., core members of The Tenth and GAYS. At this particular moment in SBEMU history, all of these "WM" players were relatively new to the nation and were brought in at a time where (1) much of WM's core was inactive and (2) WM was accordingly outnumbered by all guild entities that were putting numbers onto the field. As far as I know, I think the only pure WM player who played under CR tags and involved himself in this conflict was Jaxx, and he can hardly be said to be a devoted member. I myself never wore CR tags, and I'm fairly certain that none of the core WM members did either. Did you even play during this phase? If you did, I don't think that you would cite this factoid to support any contention related to the conflict between WM and CR. We're discussing a period of time that didn't amount to much more than a week. ReTuNe's Chinese Juggalo zerg didn't last long enough to truly factor into any development during this phase of the emulator.

bm or whatever didn't actually do anything that war, as least not without their good buddies from g1 and validation so i'm not quite sure who you're referring to.

but the validwerg1zerg alliance definitely won the war that phase (which you should have considering the numbers advantage you had)...congratulations on being an integral part of heavily outnumbering your opponent. Of course that wasn't occ, it was cr. we didnt have 'our' people in game till the next phase...

where when we finally got a chance at wm with even numbers...we dropped the rock...we came to party....annnd...

wm subbed to the server zerg to save it's pixels.

that is some legacy material there i tell ya.

WM IS THE FRIGGIN BEST IN THE WHOLE WIDEST WORLD* 

* as long wm and applicable allies have a numeric of advantage** of greater than or equal to 30%. 

**for the purposes of this document, WM presenting a numbers advantage of 30% or greater shall be considered 'even numbers'

See the principle I discussed just above. You would like for this instance to be relevant or significant, but it is not. WM lost the accounts of most of its core membership before this supposed bane was ever dropped, so I don't think that there was ever a possibility of you fighting WM with "even numbers" at this particular juncture. Even if you did fight "WM," you would have been engaged against a ghost guild entity primarily composed of members from The Tenth and OGmaster. Aside from that, you most likely would have even outnumbered this rag-tag group. After Starfish's purges, WM lost practically all of its support players save chet. chet would have been the only regular WM priest player left, in fact. Xemise, Bardiel, and myself were gone. The active GooL accounts were toast. ODB, whose core membership then had played in WM during the previous phase, were now unaffiliated. GAYS may have even lost a number of accounts for "promise breaking," albeit I am not sure. By the time you had dropped this supposed bane, virtually all WM players on the SBEMU, even including the players from The Tenth and GAYS, were either playing on Magicbane or preparing to. No one cared about WM's state on SBEMU at this time, which is probably why the person who then administered the shell of the guild subbed it away to someone.

We would have been more than happy to destroy your guild with even numbers or otherwise had the opportunity been available. You could have fought WM at some point during SBEMU's 10v10 tournament, but didn't. You could have even fought against WM on MB. This attempt to spin your dropping of a bane onto a shell guild that had just recently lost the account access of the majority of its key players as some sort of defining moment in the SBEMU beta is as pitiful as all of your Calimath in previous posts on this thread.

We've covered all of this material before. There is no need for me to waste my time reposting even the small percentage of items I've posted previously in discussions with you. For example, we discussed the context of the screenshots I posted here.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=16273&p=236834&hilit=holam%27s+town#p236834

We discussed you helping CN take SD's desert city.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=326&t=16481&p=252027&hilit=killspam

Then again, perhaps we should take your word for it.

MaT.png

I mean, seriously, with your memory being so perfect, shouldn't you be posting these to prove your point to me?

(Hey, I finally am getting to use the sarcasm you accused me of!)

Yes, we have discussed all of this before, at one time or another. I fail to see how this particular private message bolsters your argument in any case. The purpose of this particular PM was to explain why I thought your adopted methodology of comparing the number of active players in CR's voice comm server to the number of characters fielded by CR's opposition was absolutely shoddy work and simultaneously disingenuous. The sentence highlighted in this PM indicates that I didn't doubt the sincerity of your numerical claims, not their evidentiary value or propriety in those particular discussions, and this meaning should be more than clear to anyone who reads the subsequent paragraph of the private message.

If you're going to quote a private message, please do it in full next time. I find it a bit humorous that you pasted a chunk of a PM sent to you regarding your disingenuous use of "evidence" on the SB forums in order to disingenuously quote a statement out of context, and one from a private message no less! Since you're a rather nice guy and try to represent yourself as such an honorable and trustworthy source of information, I'm almost shocked.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I can't believe I missed this gem. Does it contain kernels of truth, as represented by its author, or those kernels of corn that one typically finds collected in a turd?

for instance, re: the holam tree.

Fact: as stated, wm had been crashing cr's banes and literally 'begging' to be baned...They had crashed 2? Crashing someone elses party is always grounds for a party at your house.

Impact: none. story was CR zergs poor holam tree news at 11.

WM never denied crashing CR's banes. We crashed everyone's banes without any discrimination whatsoever.

Fact: Thor dropped the rock on Holam's tree before any of the cn banes were dropped.

Impact: None. story: CR Zergs poor holam tree after wm gets chain baned.

That's actually not true at all. It astonishes me that you can even make such a claim with a straight face and that you still act as if CR was somehow ignorant of WM's current bane war with CN (and unlike CR, we were actually fighting all of CN). It may be true that CR dropped a bane before NZSP did on that particular day, but WM had already been engaged in a war with CN for longer than a week (several weeks, if you account for NZSP's chain baning of my city).

Here is the entire timeline for all interested:

ZEaXYnx.jpg?1

Are you guys sure that you weren't allied with CN? In fact, if anyone is going to claim to be the victim of multi-national zergs and multi-national nut-cupping, it should be WM. We were fighting against all of CN (not just NZSP), the European zerg, and CR's multi-national zerg (incl. SD/Euros) all at the same time. At the bane on Holam's city, we mustered 1 group to 1.5 groups in order to oppose at least 3 FGs. Following that, and after growing a little bit annoyed at fighting the entirety of the server excepting Validation, we aligned ourselves with the 1 group - 1.5 groups of Validation that were still active and pounded you. Yes, there may have been a couple banes early on wherein Validation brought a group or slightly more than a group of NZSP to assist, but their contribution was more than counter-balanced by your subsequent alliance with the Retribution/Sinister Sabotage/Polanie European nation (which hitherto was able to bring 3.5 groups to banes against WM by themselves). It was hardly the war crime of the century, and evening the numbers involved != "getting zerged."

Fact: Despite having every reason to bane WM, CR offers to pull off, if WM refunds the cost of the stone...cr understanding that being chain baned is pretty poorly made socksty.

Impact: Zero. WM shoes with 2 groups against 3.5, gets crushed, cries zerg.

This may be true, but I don't think that any WM players other than chet even knew of the proposal. Nonetheless, that's not the type of diplomacy that chet would ever respond positively to, and in retrospect it was a good decision.

Fact: The largest cr pop was when it had multiple wm subs tagged to it...thus creating the infamous 56 bros.

Impact: Somehow even after wm's 2ish groups unsubbed...immediately after that bane...cr still had 56 bros and gave excuse for valitard and wm to zerg it up to take down cr.

I'm glad that you pointed out these players were WM subs. I commend your honesty here.

Despite the facts being what they were, the story got spun by whoever shouted the loudest (at themselves)...and basically just served as an excuse to hold hands during the subsequent baning. Basically, everyone listening was already an engaged party on one side or the other.

Indeed, this situation evolved into a server war, and there was a sizable belligerent nation who fought on your side in the war's duration. Despite your supposed adherence to facts and candor, you recurrently fail to acknowledge their contribution at all. The "spin" here is that CR fought all by their lonesome against WM, Validation, and some Group 1 and got zerged. The cold truth is that this didn't happen.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

holy crap thats a lot of words to prove my points.

the entirety of the zerg cr campaign was based on the bs rally crai of omg 56 bros. The fact is that 15-20 of them were 

i didn't mention anything about wm subbing to cr, i said a couple subs did...reading comprehension and all that.

and you can pick and choose what's relevant? I mean how is it not relevant that when we finally had wm at numbers that represented an actual even fight you subbed to save pixels? I'm sorry your folks got banned/quit/whatever...we were at 70% it would have been like 20 v 18? OMG WM might lose! We're at a disadvantage! SAVE THE PIXELS! Carebear weak ass crap that is.

the 10 v 10 is totally the pinnacle of pvp amirite :P yeah man lets do some arena fighting.

generally i don't find wm a bad guild...just one that is extremely mouthy for not actually accomplishing a whole lot by themselves...but i'm only acquainted them from the emu, so maybe i'm missing something...but based on my experience the wm legacy is:

emu ver1 (that being the first ver. i played in, when a half dozen of us played with cr) - WM allies with 4 groups of it's closest friends, gains a 30% numbers advantage and tries (and fails) to run cr off the map.

emu ver2 (the only emu ver that occ played in with its full core) - honestly not sure where wm was for the first half of the server. I didn't see them accomplishing much. at some point we felt that our 2ish groups matched up well with the 2ish groups that wm was still throwing around and dropped a rock. WM promptly subs to the server superzerg. 

thats it.

WM runs its mouth a whole lot.

Backs it up by allying up to outnumber it's opponents.

Then hides behind the nearest skirt to protect its pixels when it feels that things might not go well.

Then runs their mouth a whole lot more about how now of the above is true.

/shrug. They just talk a lot of poorly made socks. Like mad poorly made socks. 

but maybe something in my wm experience log is missing how they dominated something somewhere by themselves.

You should reserve this advice for your moderator friend ..... Oh, wait.

4H4LmCE.gif

Yes, we have discussed all of this before, at one time or another. I fail to see how this particular private message bolsters your argument in any case. The purpose of this particular PM was to explain why I thought your adopted methodology of comparing the number of active players in CR's voice comm server to the number of characters fielded by CR's opposition was absolutely shoddy work and simultaneously disingenuous. The sentence highlighted in this PM indicates that I didn't doubt the sincerity of your numerical claims, not their evidentiary value or propriety in those particular discussions, and this meaning should be more than clear to anyone who reads the subsequent paragraph of the private message.

If you're going to quote a private message, please do it in full next time. I find it a bit humorous that you pasted a chunk of a PM sent to you regarding your disingenuous use of "evidence" on the SB forums in order to disingenuously quote a statement out of context, and one from a private message no less! Since you're a rather nice guy and try to represent yourself as such an honorable and trustworthy source of information, I'm almost shocked.

Your reading comprehension sucks, as does your memory. Once again, you are making stuff up in a vain attempt to make me look bad (your bolded comment).

My position has always been that toons in the field are the relevant statistic in a fight, as I can't pk you in vent. This goes back to arguing the same exact issue with Caliman back on Vindication. Never have a changed my position on this, as I can always prove the fielded numbers - but I don't have access to your voice comms, so I have to rely on you for that.

This is the PM I wrote you that you were responding to (bolded here for emphasis in this particular discussion).

If you care, I can send/post screenshots regarding both TS and nation numbers at every bane I attended.

Nation /who is the most important one in my mind, but both are valuable.

Feel free to read up on other places I posted this.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/search.php?keywords=toons+field&terms=all&author=vandarr&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

I can't believe I missed this gem. Does it contain kernels of truth, as represented by its author, or those kernels of corn that one typically finds collected in a turd?

WM never denied crashing CR's banes. We crashed everyone's banes without any discrimination whatsoever.

That's actually not true at all. It astonishes me that you can even make such a claim with a straight face and that you still act as if CR was somehow ignorant of WM's current bane war with CN (and unlike CR, we were actually fighting all of CN). It may be true that CR dropped a bane before NZSP did on that particular day, but WM had already been engaged in a war with CN for longer than a week (several weeks, if you account for NZSP's chain baning of my city).

Here is the entire timeline for all interested:

ZEaXYnx.jpg?1

Um... look at your own threads. You baned CR a little over a week before Thor dropped on Holam's town. You declared war on CR, chucklehead. Widowmakers was a CR town.

Does anyone else find it funny that a guild calling itself Wehrmacht opened up a second front by randomly declaring war on someone else?

CF_Van.png