Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

the entirety of the zerg cr campaign was based on the bs rally crai of omg 56 bros. The fact is that 15-20 of them were 

i didn't mention anything about wm subbing to cr, i said a couple subs did...reading comprehension and all that.

and you can pick and choose what's relevant? I mean how is it not relevant that when we finally had wm at numbers that represented an actual even fight you subbed to save pixels? I'm sorry your folks got banned/quit/whatever...we were at 70% it would have been like 20 v 18? OMG WM might lose! We're at a disadvantage! SAVE THE PIXELS! gonzo weak bottom crap that is.

If you truly wanted an even-numbered engagement against WM, why would you wait until the majority of WM's best players were removed from the beta? Again, your alleged baning of WM here wasn't even a bane on WM, but whatever was left of WM's accounts after Starfish's purge and some WM subs who had all departed to Magicbane anyway. Sure, it would be relevant if you actually seized the opportunity to fight "WM" "with even numbers" as you so claim, but your characterization of that particular event is inherently fallacious. I do not "pick and choose what is relevant," I merely adhere to the commonly accepted definition of the term. In a discussion about wars involving the Wehrmacht SB guild, a bane dropped on a shell version of WM after its best players had been removed from the beta is highly irrelevant. The fact that you would even cling to this particular instance, commit it to memory, and then flaunt it later as if it represents some sort of victory against WM speaks volumes about your utter lack of genuine success against WM in the Shadowbane Emulator.

Your crew fought WM during SBEMU's Aerynth phase of the beta. That war brought me a plethora of additional cities to sit on before the server was wiped. Thanks for playing.

the 10 v 10 is totally the pinnacle of pvp amirite :P yeah man lets do some arena fighting.

Not once did I claim that "the 10 v 10 is totally the pinnacle of pvp." If you truly did want an even numbered fight against WM within an environment that was controlled for absolute fairness by third parties (administrators who actually greatly disliked WM) as opposed to seeking out an engagement involving a WM phantasm after the fact that the removal of WM's key players from the beta had become public knowledge, the SBEMU 10v10 Tournament represented a perfect opportunity for obtaining this fair fight.

Unfortunately, we both know that your guild was frankly terrified of a genuinely fair fight against WM. This is more than evinced by the fact that you turned your guild's supposed baning of a hardly extent WM phantasm guild into some sort of glorious moment of your own guild's history, and the fact that you apparently dodged an opportunity to engage WM in a purely fair contest when all of the cards were on the table.

generally i don't find wm a bad guild...just one that is extremely mouthy for not actually accomplishing a whole lot by themselves...but i'm only acquainted them from the emu, so maybe i'm missing something...but based on my experience the wm legacy is:

emu ver1 (that being the first ver. i played in, when a half dozen of us played with cr) - WM allies with 4 groups of it's closest friends, gains a 30% numbers advantage and tries (and fails) to run cr off the map.

emu ver2 (the only emu ver that occ played in with its full core) - honestly not sure where wm was for the first half of the server. I didn't see them accomplishing much. at some point we felt that our 2ish groups matched up well with the 2ish groups that wm was still throwing around and dropped a rock. WM promptly subs to the server superzerg.

WM's legacy on the Shadowbane Emulator beta can be summed up in three words: veni, vidi, vici.

Your characterization of what transpired during "emu ver1" is completely bunk for a few reasons. First, WM never allied with "4 groups of its closest friends." WM never brought 6 groups to a bane against CR, not even close. Secondly, WM did not gain a "30% numbers advantage" (a wholly baseless & arbitrary number completely pulled out of thin air, I should add) in its war against CR and its allies. Third, WM crushed CR, and any remaining cities that you still held were only preserved by the timely intervention of SBEMU Admins who wiped the server. CR won a couple defensive banes in the first week of banes because they surprised their opposition with an ATR cut spire to accompany its vampire thief group. The moment that WM had adjusted its forces to account for these spires, CR went down in flames.

The amount of active denial that you employ regarding your recollection of these events is truly astounding. I suppose that this is necessary, or else you would have to face the cold hard reality that WM "dumpstered" your supposedly l33t band of players.

WM runs its mouth a whole lot.

Backs it up by allying up to outnumber it's opponents.

Then hides behind the nearest skirt to protect its pixels when it feels that things might not go well.

Then runs their mouth a whole lot more about how now of the above is true.

/shrug. They just talk a lot of poorly made socks. Like mad poorly made socks. 

but maybe something in my wm experience log is missing how they dominated something somewhere by themselves.

Mockery often says more about the mocker than the mocked. It sounds like you're engaging in projection as these allegations more appropriately suit CR's SBEMU nation than WM. The reality is that WM stuck with its 1.5-2 groups of players throughout most of that beta phase, and performed exceedingly well. Did CR ever try to fight WM when CR fielded similar numbers? Not a chance. Actually, before CR formed its multi-national zerg of 3-4 groups, CR's nation lost a defensive bane to Validation at a time where WM's 1.5-2 groups of players were beating Validation around so decisively that Validation courted assistance from Crazy Talk and subbed Exalted just to preserve their pixels from WM (in fact, WM had seized Validation's capital early in the beta phase, only to have this reversed by the intervention of SBEMU admins). Instead, CR waited until they had formed a multi-national zerg including European players that could field 3-4 groups for a bane, and even then CR waited until WM was already engaged in a war with CN and Retribution's Euro zerg before they grew the balls to drop a bane on Holam's town, effectively piggy-backing on a chain baning campaign already initiated by CN and Retribution.

What this suggests is that CR intuitively recognized their inferiority in prowess when compared to WM, or else they would have engaged WM at a time when CR equaled WM's numbers and when WM wasn't already engaged in a war with about 50% of the server population - instead, they waited until their nation could double WM's numbers, and even then they continued to wait until most of WM's cities were already under siege by CN and the Euros.

As for WM's accomplishments as a general matter, WM's accomplishments are exclusive to the emulator period of Shadowbane as WM had not yet existed until SBEMU started up. This doesn't mean that WM's core player base lacks in accomplishments on Live servers. On the contrary, and as I've already stated, WM's core player base includes(d) players who had either constituted the core membership or leadership of nations like Shepherds of the Dead, Fight the Power, Get on our Level, ODB, and so forth. These were all accomplished, successful, and extremely competitive guilds during their Live days - some will tell you that arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game, particularly after 2005.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

...nations like Shepherds of the Dead, Fight the Power, Get on our Level, ODB, and so forth. These were all accomplished, successful, and extremely competitive guilds during their Live days - some will tell you that arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game, particularly after 2005.

rl7DRGX.png

If you truly wanted an even-numbered engagement against WM, why would you wait until the majority of WM's best players were removed from the beta? Again, your alleged baning of WM here wasn't even a bane on WM, but whatever was left of WM's accounts after Starfish's purge and some WM subs who had all departed to Magicbane anyway. Sure, it would be relevant if you actually seized the opportunity to fight "WM" "with even numbers" as you so claim, but your characterization of that particular event is inherently fallacious. I do not "pick and choose what is relevant," I merely adhere to the commonly accepted definition of the term. In a discussion about wars involving the Wehrmacht SB guild, a bane dropped on a shell version of WM after its best players had been removed from the beta is highly irrelevant. The fact that you would even cling to this particular instance, commit it to memory, and then flaunt it later as if it represents some sort of victory against WM speaks volumes about your utter lack of genuine success against WM in the Shadowbane Emulator.

Your crew fought WM during SBEMU's Aerynth phase of the beta. That war brought me a plethora of additional cities to sit on before the server was wiped. Thanks for playing.

Not once did I claim that "the 10 v 10 is totally the pinnacle of pvp." If you truly did want an even numbered fight against WM within an environment that was controlled for absolute fairness by third parties (administrators who actually greatly disliked WM) as opposed to seeking out an engagement involving a WM phantasm after the fact that the removal of WM's key players from the beta had become public knowledge, the SBEMU 10v10 Tournament represented a perfect opportunity for obtaining this fair fight.

Unfortunately, we both know that your guild was frankly terrified of a genuinely fair fight against WM. This is more than evinced by the fact that you turned your guild's supposed baning of a hardly extent WM phantasm guild into some sort of glorious moment of your own guild's history, and the fact that you apparently dodged an opportunity to engage WM in a purely fair contest when all of the cards were on the table.

WM's legacy on the Shadowbane Emulator beta can be summed up in three words: veni, vidi, vici.

Your characterization of what transpired during "emu ver1" is completely bunk for a few reasons. First, WM never allied with "4 groups of its closest friends." WM never brought 6 groups to a bane against CR, not even close. Secondly, WM did not gain a "30% numbers advantage" (a wholly baseless & arbitrary number completely pulled out of thin air, I should add) in its war against CR and its allies. Third, WM crushed CR, and any remaining cities that you still held were only preserved by the timely intervention of SBEMU Admins who wiped the server. CR won a couple defensive banes in the first week of banes because they surprised their opposition with an ATR cut spire to accompany its vampire thief group. The moment that WM had adjusted its forces to account for these spires, CR went down in flames.

The amount of active denial that you employ regarding your recollection of these events is truly astounding. I suppose that this is necessary, or else you would have to face the cold hard reality that WM "dumpstered" your supposedly l33t band of players.

Mockery often says more about the mocker than the mocked. It sounds like you're engaging in projection as these allegations more appropriately suit CR's SBEMU nation than WM. The reality is that WM stuck with its 1.5-2 groups of players throughout most of that beta phase, and performed exceedingly well. Did CR ever try to fight WM when CR fielded similar numbers? Not a chance. Actually, before CR formed its multi-national zerg of 3-4 groups, CR's nation lost a defensive bane to Validation at a time where WM's 1.5-2 groups of players were beating Validation around so decisively that Validation courted assistance from Crazy Talk and subbed Exalted just to preserve their pixels from WM (in fact, WM had seized Validation's capital early in the beta phase, only to have this reversed by the intervention of SBEMU admins). Instead, CR waited until they had formed a multi-national zerg including European players that could field 3-4 groups for a bane, and even then CR waited until WM was already engaged in a war with CN and Retribution's Euro zerg before they grew the balls to drop a bane on Holam's town, effectively piggy-backing on a chain baning campaign already initiated by CN and Retribution.

What this suggests is that CR intuitively recognized their inferiority in prowess when compared to WM, or else they would have engaged WM at a time when CR equaled WM's numbers and when WM wasn't already engaged in a war with about 50% of the server population - instead, they waited until their nation could double WM's numbers, and even then they continued to wait until most of WM's cities were already under siege by CN and the Euros.

As for WM's accomplishments as a general matter, WM's accomplishments are exclusive to the emulator period of Shadowbane as WM had not yet existed until SBEMU started up. This doesn't mean that WM's core player base lacks in accomplishments on Live servers. On the contrary, and as I've already stated, WM's core player base includes(d) players who had either constituted the core membership or leadership of nations like Shepherds of the Dead, Fight the Power, Get on our Level, ODB, and so forth. These were all accomplished, successful, and extremely competitive guilds during their Live days - some will tell you that arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game, particularly after 2005.

Couple of quick points on your wall of text.

• WM getting its members banned isn't our fault. Zero sympathy for folks getting punished for breaking the rules.
  • I give you kudos for winning the 10v10. I wouldn't say the tourney was without issue, but none of that should downplay your accomplishment in winning it. The final video was especially impressive in its priest play (and yes, I know whom I am complimenting with this, but I don't have issue giving kudos when they are due.)
  • If you're talking toons, you and your allies exceeded 60 toons in the field at multiple banes, including some posted in this thread already. Again, I can't speak to your voice comm numbers, but toons in the field are the most relevant statistic.
  • What defensive bane did CR lose to Validation prior to this war? I don't recall it, but it may be something I simply forgot. Are you referring to the one from May - some 4 months prior to this war beginning (and in the previous phase, when they were sans OCC)?
  • I think you mean veni, vidi, Vichy. I came, I saw, I collaborated. Like France in WW2, you capitulated and immediately collaborated with your conquerors. (Note - Caesar's phrase ended with Vinci).

CF_Van.png

If you truly wanted an even-numbered engagement against WM, why would you wait until the majority of WM's best players were removed from the beta?

uhm. we had to wait until wm fielded approximately what we did?

as in HEY WE FIELD 2 GROUPS. HEY I HAVENT SEEN WM FIELD MORE THAN 2 AT MINES FOR A WHILE NOW! LETS BANE THEM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

i know you'd have much preferred we bane you when you have a 30% numbers advantage and all that. I honestly didn't know if you're members were kicked, or bored or whatever. Not our problem? It's really a pretty weak excuse for running from an even numbered fight.

I mean earlier in the server we took it in the shorts when, was it qft? baned our town..we had our 2ish groups, and they had 4? we were pretty significantly outnumbered (and the server took a giant poorly made socks during the bane as well...didnt help), but we fought, and lost...because hey, they're only pixels right?

That was Validation.

I mean earlier in the server we took it in the shorts when, was it qft? baned our town..we had our 2ish groups, and they had 4? we were pretty significantly outnumbered (and the server took a giant poorly made socks during the bane as well...didnt help), but we fought, and lost...because hey, they're only pixels right?

That was Validation. QFT was their subguild.

CF_Van.png

Your reading comprehension sucks, as does your memory. Once again, you are making stuff up in a vain attempt to make me look bad (your bolded comment).

My position has always been that toons in the field are the relevant statistic in a fight, as I can't pk you in vent. This goes back to arguing the same exact issue with Caliman back on Vindication. Never have a changed my position on this, as I can always prove the fielded numbers - but I don't have access to your voice comms, so I have to rely on you for that.

This is the PM I wrote you that you were responding to (bolded here for emphasis in this particular discussion).

Nation /who is the most important one in my mind, but both are valuable.

Feel free to read up on other places I posted this.

http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/search.php?keywords=toons+field&terms=all&author=vandarr&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Apparently your comments about anyone's memory are utterly unwarranted, as my PM (the one you cited, may I add) specifically concerned your persistence in comparing the number of CR players active in their voice comm server to the number of characters fielded by CR's opposition. Here is the full version of the PM you purported to quote:

I don't really doubt your numerical claims. This PM might be more appropriate for HYDETADE.

Nonetheless, the evidentiary value of these screenshots arguably do not amount to much regardless. Even if you're being 100% honest, you're taking an SS of the TS at one point during the bane and that time could coincidentally be your low water mark in terms of server population during the engagement. Likewise, if I am taking SS's of my Ventrilo, I could (I'm not saying I would do this) effectively hide a number of users from the SS through various means to deflate numbers. That being said, several screenshots of the same TS during the same bane would prove to be very probable evidence.

It should be clear to anyone - even those individuals whose reading comprehension supposedly sucks - that I am directly referencing your then common practice of using the number of active players in your voice comm server in a comparison to the number of in-game characters fielded by your opposition. If your position has "always been" that the number of characters is the relevant statistic in a fight, that begs the question of why I would send you a PM criticizing your practice of using the number of players in your voice comm server (or screenshots evincing such) in your statistical arguments in the first place - particularly when those numbers are juxtaposed to the number of in-game characters fielded by your opposition. Indeed, if you had adhered to your supposedly perpetual and time-honored practice of only using characters for the relevant statistic, the PM that you had chopped and quoted would have made absolutely no sense under the circumstances. This is why I related to you the circumstances (at least in my judgment) under which such voice comm server screenshots could be probative. It seems to me that your own memory is the one that is failing, at least in this particular instance.

As for your link, once again, you have cited something that has absolutely no probative value under the circumstances. The results of that search do not contain any data from the relevant discussions, and one cannot even unearth the particular arguments that occurred on the SBEMU Political forums during that phase of the beta. Indeed, aside from the first result, all of the referenced posts occurred after our relevant discussions took place, even after the quoted PM I had sent to you, and accordingly show nothing of worth. I personally wish that those forums were preserved for historical archival purposes, but they are no more and have been no more for quite some time.

Any disparagement of my reading comprehension and my ability to recall events is hilarious, particularly in light of your own inability to recall anything with even a semblance of accuracy and your own inability to comprehend the meaning and significance of the PM you inserted into the argument yourself. I'd hate to argue from authority or "pull rank" in any sense, but my capabilities in either of those departments have been tested in a standardized sense many more times than the average bear and have never been found wanting. Even when compared to my national peers who were all surely above average in collegiate accomplishment, I sit at the absolute pinnacle of the heap. I appreciate the concern, though.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Any disparagement of my reading comprehension and my ability to recall events is hilarious, particularly in light of your own inability to recall anything with even a semblance of accuracy and your own inability to comprehend the meaning and significance of the PM you inserted into the argument yourself. I'd hate to argue from authority or "pull rank" in any sense, but my capabilities in either of those departments have been tested in a standardized sense many more times than the average bear and have never been found wanting. Even when compared to my national peers who were all surely above average in collegiate accomplishment, I sit at the absolute pinnacle of the heap. I appreciate the concern, though.

/golf clap

you win sir.

bravo. bravo.

Lol you aren't very bright for such an undoubtedly smart person.  Would it surprise you to know that most of the people use you like a wind up toy.  The smallest hint of red on a handkerchief gets you charging about the place.  I have no doubts you test well and have a memory of an elephant but yet you get played constantly.

Apparently your comments about anyone's memory are utterly unwarranted, as my PM (the one you cited, may I add) specifically concerned your persistence in comparing the number of CR players active in their voice comm server to the number of characters fielded by CR's opposition. Here is the full version of the PM you purported to quote:

It should be clear to anyone - even those individuals whose reading comprehension supposedly sucks - that I am directly referencing your then common practice of using the number of active players in your voice comm server in a comparison to the number of in-game characters fielded by your opposition. If your position has "always been" that the number of characters is the relevant statistic in a fight, that begs the question of why I would send you a PM criticizing your practice of using the number of players in your voice comm server (or screenshots evincing such) in your statistical arguments in the first place - particularly when those numbers are juxtaposed to the number of in-game characters fielded by your opposition.

I have never, ever, said that voice chat numbers were superior to toons in the field when comparing forces. Again, if you can dig up the old ubi forums archives, you will see that this stance has not changed. I am nothing else if not consistent. It's the nice thing about honesty - the story remains the story. You don't have to remember the lies years later.

Validation were the folks constantly talking about only having a group "in Vent" when they had 30+ toons in the field.

One last thing - regarding my memory, it's not what it used to be. I know it. That's why before I post, I look up the old threads to confirm/deny how I recall things.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Couple of quick points on your wall of text.

• WM getting its members banned isn't our fault. Zero sympathy for folks getting punished for breaking the rules.

Not all of the banned broke the applicable rules, but I digress. No need to derail the thread any further.

• If you're talking toons, you and your allies exceeded 60 toons in the field at multiple banes, including some posted in this thread already. Again, I can't speak to your voice comm numbers, but toons in the field are the most relevant statistic.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but I do not believe this to be true. However, I can only speak about those banes that I attended and, of any banes that I missed, those banes that warranted the retention and posting of any ex post facto evidence (such as by you or others) concerning the numbers of each side. If you have saved any supposed proof of our forces exceeding 60 toons on the field, please feel free to share. Based upon my own assessment after participating in the majority of these banes, I never witnessed us fielding close to 60 toons on the field. Even in a bane that saw the participation of a group, or even slightly more than a group, of NZSP I would be surprised if that were the case. If it did happen, the instance would surely be an exception to the general rule, and not a component of "multiple banes" as alleged.

• What defensive bane did CR lose to Validation prior to this war? I don't recall it, but it may be something I simply forgot. Are you referring to the one from May - some 4 months prior to this war beginning (and in the previous phase, when they were sans OCC)?

It was during the same phase with the Aerynth map. CR lost a city to Validation apparently in a relatively even-numbered engagement, and according to the forum fanfare at the time they were trounced pretty hard. I recall CR chalking up the defeat to a bad spec group (IIRC, they were barb heavy) and the need for many of their players to dust off the cob-webs. Regardless, that bane took place within the only relevant part of the period where CR as a nation fielded comparable numbers to Validation and WM. When they did so, they were hardly a factor to anyone on the server. For CR to become relevant, they required the addition of multiple groups of European players, effectively putting their forces at double the size of WM and Validation, respectively.

• I think you mean veni, vidi, Vichy. I came, I saw, I collaborated. Like France in WW2, you capitulated and immediately collaborated with your conquerors. (Note - Caesar's phrase ended with Vinci).

No, I don't. Even with your own tendency to step onto rhetorical land-mines, this one takes the cake. It is true that the Latin verb for conquer is vincere. In Latin's perfect tense (used for completed actions), however, "I conquered" is vici. As for vinci, well, a modern reader would read that and chuckle at the presumed probable confusion with Leonardo de Vinci, and a legionnaire would have laughed at Caesar's use of a passive form of the verb.

Now, I would say that it's clear that Latin isn't your strong suit, but in all honesty I haven't translated any passages from Latin since my papist High School days. Nonetheless, I can at least say that it's clear that European (or 'ancient' European) history is clearly not your strong suit, since you will not find any book discussing this period which quotes Caesar's phrase ending with vinci. At least I have never seen one, and would be somewhat amazed if I did.

4H4LmCE.gif

Darn me - I knew the Latin and screwed myself over with a typo at the end that was strictly due to my Vichy pun while trying to show I knew it was actually correct. You're right, my bad on the Latin. I definitely know better. Let me go to my bookshelf and beat myself with my copies of Commentaries and Ovid.

On another note, here's the same argument from 2007.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070702182750/http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vindication_politics&Number=3062812&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Note the references to toons. Hrm... I wonder who started that? :)

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Lol you aren't very bright for such an undoubtedly smart person.  Would it surprise you to know that most of the people use you like a wind up toy.  The smallest hint of red on a handkerchief gets you charging about the place.  I have no doubts you test well and have a memory of an elephant but yet you get played constantly.

Oh really? Does this mean you used me like a wind-up toy to initiate a chain of events that saw your guildie lose his cherished position as elite forum moderator on these boards? It's even more hilarious that some third party (unknown to me) went out of their way to intervene in that affair without any direct incitement or input from me personally.

I'm probably the least "used" maverick in our little community of board-warriors, at least in any sense of being used as a means to an end by any other player(s). I ride virtually solo on gaming forums, and always have, without eliciting any back-up from affiliated guild members at present or even those from a prior time. You would not be capable of understanding, let alone appreciating, such a role, as your own SB guild was one that was almost exclusively populated by players with a forum presence, and was also one that zerged any and every thread where they noticed "the smallest hint of red on a handkerchief."

I am very much amused by and enjoy those opportunities to detail QFT's complete lack of decency, repute, and common sense whenever QFT board-warriors like yourself emerge from their hole to make any representations to the contrary. Once again, I noticed QFT attempting to ingratiate themselves with a new gaming community and even attempt to assume positions of some authority as forum moderators in that same community, presumably under the pretense that any QFT members would be qualified for such a position given their history of properly utilizing such authority in the not-too-distant past.

This is just one of the things that I do while I relax at my desk when I come home. The activity provides an occasional laugh and an outlet to unleash my compulsive need to write. It's undoubtedly not the most productive use of time, but it's the sort of thing that one may find himself engaging in when the soul actually needs an unproductive use of time. All that being said, you will not ever see me locking ranks with a mass of other posters to "bully" a user (it was hilarious that Mr. Gonzo would even make such an accusation under the circumstances), and you most likely will not ever see me attempting to assume any sort of 'official' position on forums like these. Such trivialities are part and parcel of the QFT board-warrior modus operandi; we may as well be part of two separate species, you and I.

All that being said, I sometimes dislike the role I play and the forms of advocacy I feel compelled to employ on forums where the talk is of Shadowbane. I am all too aware that some players really take some of this stuff to heart, all partisanship aside. Hell, I am probably more fond of some CR players than some of my own annoying and immature guild-mates. Nonetheless, I have to speak to my experience when I feel that is warranted, just like everyone else in the community.

I have to thank you and your crew for all of the laughs here and all of the attention focused upon me elsewhere. It might even be possible that I would not have come to do what I do had I not already become so habituated to contradicting the flurry of posts that were routinely directed toward me by 3, 5, or even 9 separate QFT members in many SB political forum threads. In the past, you would have had recourse to Solar or Zooks or someone else to over-moderate my posts into the proverbial memory hole. Today, the plug gets pulled on such a venture before it can even come to pass. Since I laugh last (again), dare I say that I used you?

P.S. - I always appreciate your analogies. Whether they involve large shoes or they liken me to a bull, they're always pretty good. You know what they say about big feet and bulls, right?

4H4LmCE.gif

Darn me - I knew the Latin and screwed myself over with a typo at the end that was strictly due to my Vichy pun while trying to show I knew it was actually correct. You're right, my bad on the Latin. I definitely know better. Let me go to my bookshelf and beat myself with my copies of Commentaries and Ovid.

On another note, here's the same argument from 2007.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070702182750/http://ubbforums.ubi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=vindication_politics&Number=3062812&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

Note the references to toons. Hrm... I wonder who started that? :)

I guess I'm sorry that the slip had to come to pass. Having wasted enough time on this stuff, I'm going to try to pull out before this thread gets derailed any further. I'll leave the other WM posters to defend its legacy, as well as any additional clean-up-on-aisle-5 type work. Even though these discussions are fun, my own languid involvement in some is getting a bit 'old,' and I don't want to ruin them for any present bystanders who may want to get involved. I'll only fully retire, though, when BSR and his cohorts cease with any and all pretense to integrity or even honesty.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Oh really? Does this mean you used me like a wind-up toy to initiate a chain of events that saw your guildie lose his cherished position as elite forum moderator on these boards?

I didn't use you that time but others were and of course I have on about a dozen other occasions just on this board.  I post a little picture or a few sentences and come back later to a page or two of text.  Also someone needs to point and lol when you try and slip gool in with real guilds that "arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game"

...nations like Shepherds of the Dead, Fight the Power, Get on our Level, ODB, and so forth. These were all accomplished, successful, and extremely competitive guilds during their Live days - some will tell you that arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game, particularly after 2005.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

No idea what people are ranting about here, but that archived forums was fun reading.  On servers like mourning/saedron where FTP was big and dominant the game was fun, but I have to say taking 10 people and just pissing off entire populations of random servers was always much more fun.  

Wish there was a record of that whine thread about druids when the vindication alliance was wiped in it's entirety by 10 mostly naked elf druids.  

That's a slight exaggeration, but it was definitely one of the most fun moments I had in game.

"Guys, they are telequaking - you need to move now!"

"What's that Vandarr?"

A has been killed.

B has been killed... etc. for la boatload of people.

"WTF just happened?"

Me - "I told you to move!"

I might still have a recording of that floating around somewhere, but for some reason, I think I had just killed the recorder, as it killed the performance during any CN sized banes. I may be remembering the vid one of y'all posted - which if you still have, you DEFINITELY need to post.

For all the garbage FTP spewed and their struggling at siege craft, you have to admit they were extremely good in their open field work.

CF_Van.png

I didn't use you that time but others were and of course I have on about a dozen other occasions just on this board.  I post a little picture or a few sentences and come back later to a page or two of text.  Also someone needs to point and lol when you try and slip gool in with real guilds that "arguably they were some of the best guilds who ever graced the game"

He's just naming off guilds WM members were in, BSR.

CF_Van.png