Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chaoticgnome

All The Best Swords Have Names, You Know

It would be a wonderful achievement for crafters if every now and then, when making an exceptional item, they could assign it a unique name.

You'd want this to be something that doesn't happen too often.  The FAQ mentions getting variable quality if you make the same thing multiple times, so it could be an added reward for a rare critical-success at crafting.

It'd be nice for names to be unique so there aren't a thousand Excaliburs flying around a campaign.  You'd also want the names to recycle eventually to be reused elsewhere, say six months after the item was obliterated due to wear etc.

What would you name your critically successful crafted items?

Rockblock:  Some sort of armor with elemental resistance

The Chimney Sweeper: A flail with fire damage

An Exceptional Sword:  self explanatory

I like the idea as it give items personality. There would need to be some sort of filter put in place to prevent offensive or illogical names though. Offensive is self explanatory, but I wouldn't want to come across a sword named l33tp4wn or something that is not related to the game world. Cool idea though!

"To live, will be an awfully big adventure"

Teh Hammer of Doomz

Being able to mark your items in some way was mentioned already so they might have similar ideas. Crafters need to get their names out somehow. ctrl  + F 'mark' in FAQ.

Edited by Hax

Sorry, I'm all for crafting ideas and naming swords is a great literary device but, I just don't see this working for Crowfall. I'd much rather see "Crafted by" than "Flaming Eagle Stabber" on my sword. It's unrealistic and the entire point of the crafting system is to stay away from the WoW-esque unique gear.

The only way I could see this working is if they gave each crafter a unique item recipe that only they could craft...then it could be a trademark instead of just some random name, random item doodoo.

I'm all for naming well made items. It would definitely add a new level of rarity and would help build up your name as a great crafter.

I'd be more in favour of randomly generated names rather than player-assigned ones. That way they still have that feeling of extraordinary value but don't have totally stupid names.

I'd be more in favour of randomly generated names rather than player-assigned ones. That way they still have that feeling of extraordinary value but don't have totally stupid names.

Until the RNG and data files driving the naming algorithm mess up and name a fire-damage dealing dagger something like "Glacial Hammer".

soli deo gloria

The weapons of legends - sometimes named by crafter, sometimes by the warrior...

Perhaps for the highest quality of weapon, players could chose to buy (or create) an item to name them.  - Then it could be the crafter or the warrior to name them.

As for making the highest level of weapons special, Masterwork, or whatever the highest craftest weapons will be called, they could have flavor text added to them -

based on the attributes.  Maybe even give the crafter a choice to choose between several generated flavor texts.

As well as the mark of the crafter of course :)

While I love brushing my ego all over items I've crafted I don't think naming your creations would be very fitting thing to do in Crowfall.

It kinda clashes with the use and discard concept behind the breakable and detoriating equipment.

Edited by DFDelta

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

It's unrealistic and the entire point of the crafting system is to stay away from the WoW-esque unique gear.

In what way is "unique gear" even remotely WoW-esque? All the gear in WoW is the same and totally cookie cutter and nobody cares who crafted anything. Sometimes I wonder if people on this board have ever even played WoW. It's like Godwin's law on this board.

Here's an idea for a moderation rule. If you're the first to report a named item and it is deemed offensive, you get to rename it!

Here's an idea for a moderation rule. If you're the first to report a named item and it is deemed offensive, you get to rename it!

Lost me right here.    What you are saying is IF my item had an offensive name ( who will determine what is offensive?  Moderation staff? ) and YOU report it first, you get the funnsies of renaming it, right?  If that is how it goes ( and I pray to the ALL FATHER it is not ) why would anyone get to rename it?  I would think the mod would tell the oh so offensive named items owner to rename it?   Are you trying to make a game w/in a game?   smh   

EDIT:  THIS one may like the report button, just sayin

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"