Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
managainsttime

The Best You Ever Encountered (The Goat Thread).

Gross!!!

Vamp scout is one of my all around favorites for GvG and solo. with just one vamp scout and a necro, I'd grief the crap out of CN mines for the last mine window. Endless pool for weapon powers, ability to summon chain in a fg or an alt, saboteur to get close to pl groups, master escape artist since even huntresses couldn't get at me, could remove root from myself, etc, etc. A really good vamp scout is something to be feared. check sbstatistics.com . Phantom is a vamp scout and he's in top 10 kills and barely plays anymore, if at all.

I started loving my bird scout more toward the end. Horwathi of marksmanship with the skydancer and searching around the city for boxed necros. Can usually have them dead by the time they realize what I'm doing. Shootin through them walls.

QFT was always petitioning Mourning CCRs about GooL. I think they did the same with FTP when they were on Mourning. So you have at least two guilds that made QFT nutcup with OPP and cry to someone after losing on Mourning.

I'm old and confused. My acronyms be wrong. I meant FTP cried to the devs not QFT.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

I'm old and confused. My acronyms be wrong. I meant FTP cried to the devs not QFT.

I didn't play after '07, so I'm not sure when that happened. I actually never played with or against FTP. They came on to the server after we went inactive, and they went inactive before some of us ran around as the Reptilians. I do remember reading threads about FTP's war against QFT on Mourning, though, as I still read the forums from time to time. Also had to keep up those secret private island tols.

When I say that FTP made QFT cry to the devs, I meant about the keycloning accusations. And they did cry about that. A lot. It's both ironic and comical in retrospect when you realize what QFT was up to contemporaneously.

QFT also made a lot of hoopla about GooL's boon dupe back when we used it. We were actually amused by all of the crying and CCR intervention. I never had a CCR petition answered in my life, whether it was in-game or on the forums. I never understood how QFT always got the CCRs to move on something - well, until I found out about the CCR playing with them, of course.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Eastre was the reason I played with QFT. I'd solo PvP on Venge with my migrated toons and ended up in LoC and then QFT. Him and Dru both were top tier on ANYTHING.

I played with a lot of good groups, but QFT had a higher level, we weren't always there, but nobody came close when we were.

@Fei, you play a 65 con elf scout before conc pots, stam pots, and buff bots everywhere. I died 8 times on Trechery. 8. I wish I had the SS of my deathlist at server down still. 210 dex scout is best scout. Not many people can say their day 1 release toon was viable until the game shutdown. 210 dex 65 con 91 int, glad, 1 pt nyth rune since 2003!

Skorp was a great bane commander because he made that poorly made socks fun and stayed calm under pressure. MM have 3x our numbers? RYLaH!

Gradishar was the best city builder. He gave me tunnels when I demanded them even though it was an awful idea.

My favorite Scout to work with was Vandarr. We had chemistry and always knew what the other was going to do without talking. That and something stupid and funny would usually happen.

Scouts near the end of SB were everywhere and there were a ton of "good" players. I loved the community on the scout class forums and I really think as a class we raised the bar really high.

Best D bane guild? OCC. Who else made QFT cry to the devs?

When my main was a scout for so long on Test, I loved it. I learned a lot from you and Vandarr in our times playing together.

Yeah I don't remember your scout on Treachery dying a lot, I was just poking fun. You did have an uncanny knack of finding enemy forces in the middle of nowhere. Was you and a scout from PRX that I can't remember his name (think he was PRX anyways) had crazy amounts of skill in doing that lol. Rest of us could just be lazy :D I just had to go into a fight and spam Lightning Bolt over and over, which took mad amounts of skill ~_o  Swifty was able to do that AND type/talk at the same time. I miss our pre nerfed channies :P Spam spam spam spam dead, switch target spam spam spam..oh crap Swift's dead....spam spam spam....Swiftkill summoned back....Swifty dead again....such good times :P

Also how it seemed EVERY fight HeRog was the first to die no matter what. lol.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Was it really that hard for you guys to find enemy forces on Treachery? That server was half CoS territory, half refugee camp. It was incredibly easy to find targets for me. I'd imagine that it'd be even easier for CoS in those days.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Was it really that hard for you guys to find enemy forces on Treachery? That server was half CoS territory, half refugee camp. It was incredibly easy to find targets for me. I'd imagine that it'd be even easier for CoS in those days.

Well back then, when you was in the middle of nowhere, not near a zone, or anything, that map was big enough that for one random scout to find you, like out 20 min run from any city or zone lol....yeah.

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when I was doing the r8 run on a nephlock, i was on the last leg, flying over the ocean to our city, and in the middle of the damn ocean, I damn bird scout found and killed me...in the middle of nowhere...in the middle of the ocean. Not a word was said in vent, i just got up and went outside to smoke...in shock. Middle. Of. The. custard. Ocean.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

This is a very hard topic. I've played with some great players. Hard to pick just three so I'll give multiples in the three categories.

Best tactical leader (based on pvp groups) - Kiger (when I was in DA)

Best all around bane commander: Skorp

Best player to have on your side (poltics, alliances, pvp, banes): MaT

Best Guild Leader: Sogath and MaT

I know I know fourth category.

I didn't play after '07, so I'm not sure when that happened. I actually never played with or against FTP. They came on to the server after we went inactive, and they went inactive before some of us ran around as the Reptilians. I do remember reading threads about FTP's war against QFT on Mourning, though, as I still read the forums from time to time. Also had to keep up those secret private island tols.

When I say that FTP made QFT cry to the devs, I meant about the keycloning accusations. And they did cry about that. A lot. It's both ironic and comical in retrospect when you realize what QFT was up to contemporaneously.

QFT also made a lot of hoopla about GooL's boon dupe back when we used it. We were actually amused by all of the crying and CCR intervention. I never had a CCR petition answered in my life, whether it was in-game or on the forums. I never understood how QFT always got the CCRs to move on something - well, until I found out about the CCR playing with them, of course.

I know for a fact that when a guild I was in (around the time period) was squaring off against QFT that people within my guild were key cloning against them.I am guessing they were rather sensitive to it because of us. Quietus made the tool, called Clone-O-Matic, and I designed the graphics for it. 

The thing about Key Cloning is it can be done pretty insidiously. You can add a random integer delay to your key strokes so that your commands aren't too tightly grouped, and assign each of your hotkeys to different powers so that you aren't all using the exact same abilities. You could do all this with minimal programming knowledge. 

I'm really not surprised that QFT was jumping at shadows about it.

ncLez59.png

At various times we had different WolfPack or SBG devs in QFT but that was for the monitoring of us from the constant hax accusations.  None of them stayed long.  They were in vent and plyed a meat toon for a couple banes at most and only a few of us knew their real identities.  We never had a CCR (Who were UBI employees).  As for your boon dupe it's sad you had to cheat to win.  :)

I am going to miss that show - though I'm glad that you made me realize why I like it so much. Their conversations are basically RL versions of the SB political forums.

Did you know Boyd was supposed to die at the end of the first episode, but Goggins did such a compelling job that they changed the series to feature him? That guy needs to be on a GOAT list somewhere with Michael K. Williams (Omar Little).

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

I am going to miss that show - though I'm glad that you made me realize why I like it so much. Their conversations are basically RL versions of the SB political forums.

Did you know Boyd was supposed to die at the end of the first episode, but Goggins did such a compelling job that they changed the series to feature him? That guy needs to be on a GOAT list somewhere with Michael K. Williams (Omar Little).

I think he is phenominal, probably one of my favorite villains of all time. It's just a really good cast all around imo. 

I REALLY like the new guy "Boon" I think his name is too.

Edited by cash

X6RBqg7.gif

Leatherface Chainsaw. I saw her solo grief a town so bad they started paying her off to go away, and she was a cent barb outside a walled city.

Leatherface was a girl?!?!

That cent camped our tree constantly. It was great fun to log in and try to figure out whether you were going to get jumped immediately.

And yeah Cash, I agree. The actor playing Boone is doing a stud job too. The high noon scene in the pizza parlor a few episodes back was intense.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

LOL. I actually stopped watching Justified until the second season because I thought he did die after the first episode. I was a big fan of "The Shield" so that was a major disappointment. Then I saw the commercials long after the first episode and realized my mistake.

He's the only reason I watched the show since I really can't stand Timothy Olyphant.

So I would say go for it, but I'm a product of the Northeastern corridor. When I'm in a place like that or down South, the locals can practically smell the "Yankee."

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Only player i ever really hated seeing on track was Byr...at least when he wasn't on our side...could completely shut down your ability to do about anything because he would steal poorly made socks, and the best you could typically hope for was to bleed him as he ran away (usually with ur lootz).

same letters...different player...Bry with OPP...like Green Bay without Rogers, they were a completely different animal without.