Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
managainsttime

The Best You Ever Encountered (The Goat Thread).

This is a very hard topic. I've played with some great players. Hard to pick just three so I'll give multiples in the three categories.

Best tactical leader (based on pvp groups) - Kiger (when I was in DA)

Best all around bane commander: Skorp

Best player to have on your side (poltics, alliances, pvp, banes): sogath

Best Guild Leader: Sogath

I know I know fourth category.

Being from the same stock, I'll just agree with this...except I never played with MaT so I'll replace with Sogath.

Sogath was a great guild leader and a very friendly dude in real life.

skorp was the best commander I have ever witnessed ... So smart, so cool under pressure.

Kiger is just the guy you always want in you group.

There was a time we had all 3 in vent and that was probably the pinnacle of SB for me.

Edited by VinTheTrashBin

Best siege commander I've played under was Regulator, back when he was actually serious at playing the game. Many "elite" guilds will run to the forums to post a bragging video when they win a 20v60 defensive bane against a scrub zerg like Mad Mercs or some crap. This guy won a ridiculous number of offensive banes under the same or worse odds, with some of these victories coming at the expense of multiple "skilled" nations working in tandem. The fact that we got the biggest egos from the Vengeance server to actually listen to him was an accomplishment in and of itself.

The best siege commander today is chet. No one would like to admit it since he just spammed poorly written trash talk back on the Live servers, but dat be da troofs as things stand today. CR had great bane leadership when I played against them as well, but never played under them so I don't even know who was running things when WM fought them.

The best people to fight under small-scale conditions were facerip's crew(s) back in the day.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

chet is definitely good in large and small scale.

When you guys fought against us it was a mix of Phylor and Dubanka from OCC I believe.

X6RBqg7.gif

The best people to fight under small-scale conditions were facerip's crew(s) back in the day.

There are a number of small groups who could vie for that title. My personal favorite would be Steady Mobbin - just from all the killing I got to do with them on Wrath.

CF_Van.png

I know for a fact that when a guild I was in (around the time period) was squaring off against QFT that people within my guild were key cloning against them.I am guessing they were rather sensitive to it because of us. Quietus made the tool, called Clone-O-Matic, and I designed the graphics for it. 

The thing about Key Cloning is it can be done pretty insidiously. You can add a random integer delay to your key strokes so that your commands aren't too tightly grouped, and assign each of your hotkeys to different powers so that you aren't all using the exact same abilities. You could do all this with minimal programming knowledge. 

I'm really not surprised that QFT was jumping at shadows about it.

Zerg-O-Matic*

Was awesome, we used it for running holy groups and then later with xbows. Even had network abilities so I could load up a handful of clients on another machine and still use them from my main machine as clones.  RIP /tar though

and Teer. Teer is the most patient of us :P

CR, Winterblades and Wolves could use some of that now, it hasn't been going well for them at even numbered banes lately.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

There's no such thing as even numbered banes.

Who cares more wins banes on the emus right now. Why anyone cares to keep playing these watered down broken versions of SB is beyond me.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

CR, Winterblades and Wolves could use some of that now, it hasn't been going well for them at even numbered banes lately.

it's because I haven't been playing.

X6RBqg7.gif

Top 3 people who plagued me:

Bathood- elf scout

Dikn cider- irekei channy

Slayers focus- elf chan

I died more to them than any other single persons in SB... love them for it, toughened my skin and taught me alot about gaming in general.

Who cares more wins banes on the emus right now. Why anyone cares to keep playing these watered down broken versions of SB is beyond me.

I told you...because there is nothing else out that can satisfy meaningful NationvNation pvp...and CF won't be out till next year. Nothing else to do.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

I told you...because there is nothing else out that can satisfy meaningful NationvNation pvp...and CF won't be out till next year. Nothing else to do.

Meaningful is where you lose me. Mechanics, design, play, yes. Meaningful? Not even close.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Chet? You gotta be kidding me... chet gets bottom tier simply because of his attitude and utter retardedness.. i dont care how many banes he wins or loses. I wouldnt follow that guy into water he is quite literally the biggest piece of trash SB has to offer.

Chet? You gotta be kidding me... chet gets bottom tier simply because of his attitude and utter retardedness.. i dont care how many banes he wins or loses. I wouldnt follow that guy into water he is quite literally the biggest piece of trash SB has to offer.

He has a tendency to make the sensitive ones run for their Teddy Bear. Have you met Drogenn?