Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
managainsttime

The Best You Ever Encountered (The Goat Thread).

If there was a most improved player I would give it to Shadey. 

When we first fought CR they were pretty bad at SB. I think most of CR was new back then or just hadn't done a lot of high level sieging. But Shadey showed real (and I apologize for using this term) gumption and learned very fast. CR became competitive within one or 2 server cycles. That's hard to do.

Edited by coolwaters

ok..cleaned up the Thread and moved the MB/EMU politics stuff to the EMU vs MB thread

i also deleted a few Posts, no warnings given

as always, if there are any Questions or Problems, feel free to PM me or any Moderator...or you can always email support@crowfall.com

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

ok..cleaned up the Thread and moved the MB/EMU politics stuff to the EMU vs MB thread

i also deleted a few Posts, no warnings given

as always, if there are any Questions or Problems, feel free to PM me or any Moderator...or you can always email support@crowfall.com

<3

X6RBqg7.gif

learned my Lesson...i'll never ask you folks nicely again

and i have merged things before, you just didn't notice and i didn't notice the stuff you saw that needed it

but i digress

so hard to say "greatest" about Players in a Game....and looking over the contents of this Thread i see a familiar pattern

we all think our folks are the greatest

surprise!!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

deleted a few posts? getting the ninja on.

Literally the first time I've seen a mod merge threads.

He didn't ninja it, he warned and we pressed the issue (both parties are playing their roles) and so he followed through as he was required to do.

Also he is white, there are no white ninjas unless he is the reanimated zombie mod corpse of Chris Farley, short of that refer to him by his own races accomplishments and not the undervalued heroes of Marvels organization "The Hand". 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

He didn't ninja it, he warned and we pressed the issue (both parties are playing their roles) and so he followed through as he was required to do.

Also he is white, there are no white ninjas unless he is the reanimated zombie mod corpse of Chris Farley, short of that refer to him by his own races accomplishments and not the undervalued heroes of Marvels organization "The Hand". 

All ninja race related issues can be sent to support@crowfall.com

Out of the people I've played with, I would probably say Bry was the single most talented Bane leader I've played under.

However there are tons of good ones I have played with as well. Dame, Skorp, and many others were also fantastic and have had a lot of success on multiple servers.

In terms of individually talented players, I saw Dru and Eastre mentioned and they were both excellent back when I was playing against them regularly on Vengeance.  I really respected a lot of the Talons of Chaos guys in general(I was in JoW at that period playing MyMana).

The problem with these lists is that there are so many people that were at all around the same level of capability depending on what class or character they were playing. I've always valued versatility though. Braxis actually brings a lot of that to the table in terms of his support versatility. Same goes for Angelmar and Barnes(particularly on his sader).

Chet, Retune, WM, and the Validation priests are some of the best healing supports in the EMU era of play. It was easily their strongest point and they were/are all quite talented.

Really there are too many to list if you go back far in SB history. Hopefully will see a lot of these guys out and about in Crowfall.

C4sIZDW.gif

I was a marginal player at best...a sh!tty bane commander...a craptastic mine fight leader....but I did excel at getting ganked with bank deeds during the server up rush...plus I could bucket heal like a mo-fo!  Oh...and given enough opportunities to screw sh!t up...I eventually learned how to place a treb enabled convex corner tower or two in what seemed like an effective defense oriented pattern. To be honest, I seriously loved getting a bane dropped on one of our cities...waiting until just the last minute for them to properly cook...and then completely redesigning the walls between the banestone and the ToL...creating pockets for internal bulwarks to take out the majority of their offensive warks (or in a couple of cases...even their Banestone) ..all while being protected by multiple wall segments and wall mounted trebs. Stocking water shacks...having multiple access points for siege engineers... To me...defensive banes were won in the prep work as much as on the field.... sh!t I'm getting all SB-nostolgic...

Damn I miss that game...

Edited by Gradishar

I used to love city design. Until I figured out with 3 layers of walls (without exploiting walls), there's really only one way to design a city. The Chinese though.....if you include exploits, they were the best city designers I've ever seen. On magicbane, you could bug yourself through a corner tower. So once the Chinese figured out the wall exploit, they would just stack one tower on top of another, facing the other way. Then you couldn't bug through.

That wall exploit was glorious. You could put siege tents under corner towers, bulwarks under stairs, etc.

I used to love city design. Until I figured out with 3 layers of walls (without exploiting walls), there's really only one way to design a city. The Chinese though.....if you include exploits, they were the best city designers I've ever seen. On magicbane, you could bug yourself through a corner tower. So once the Chinese figured out the wall exploit, they would just stack one tower on top of another, facing the other way. Then you couldn't bug through.

That wall exploit was glorious. You could put siege tents under corner towers, bulwarks under stairs, etc.

Captain-Picard-Facepalm.jpg

I was a marginal player at best...a sh!tty bane commander...a craptastic mine fight leader....but I did excel at getting ganked with bank deeds during the server up rush...plus I could bucket heal like a mo-fo!  Oh...and given enough opportunities to screw sh!t up...I eventually learned how to place a treb enabled convex corner tower or two in what seemed like an effective defense oriented pattern. To be honest, I seriously loved getting a bane dropped on one of our cities...waiting until just the last minute for them to properly cook...and then completely redesigning the walls between the banestone and the ToL...creating pockets for internal bulwarks to take out the majority of their offensive warks (or in a couple of cases...even their Banestone) ..all while being protected by multiple wall segments and wall mounted trebs. Stocking water shacks...having multiple access points for siege engineers... To me...defensive banes were won in the prep work as much as on the field.... sh!t I'm getting all SB-nostolgic...

Damn I miss that game...

don't forget you also commanded the guards, lol. they were quite effective when not left to their on devices.

CF_Karg.png

Out of the people I've played with, I would probably say Bry was the single most talented Bane leader I've played under.

However there are tons of good ones I have played with as well. Dame, Skorp, and many others were also fantastic and have had a lot of success on multiple servers.

In terms of individually talented players, I saw Dru and Eastre mentioned and they were both excellent back when I was playing against them regularly on Vengeance.  I really respected a lot of the Talons of Chaos guys in general(I was in JoW at that period playing MyMana).

The problem with these lists is that there are so many people that were at all around the same level of capability depending on what class or character they were playing. I've always valued versatility though. Braxis actually brings a lot of that to the table in terms of his support versatility. Same goes for Angelmar and Barnes(particularly on his sader).

Chet, Retune, WM, and the Validation priests are some of the best healing supports in the EMU era of play. It was easily their strongest point and they were/are all quite talented.

Really there are too many to list if you go back far in SB history. Hopefully will see a lot of these guys out and about in Crowfall.

I don't even get an honorable mention? unpleasant person. Glad I traded you to WM

X6RBqg7.gif

Damn I miss that game...

I always thought you played a killer priest, Grad.

http://vid82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/amerigo_v/GradsPriestgetsaKS.mp4

CF_Van.png