Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bassa

Is Anyone Else Affraid Of What This Game Could Be?

First of all im disappointed. What are these "rulesets" Where had the "more than a sandbox" phare gone? It is more like (Put the name of any sh.t game like WH, Wildstar, GW2, ESO etc) meets (any game from the list above). Which features are from EvE (only afk offline skill gain) and UO (can see 0)? Also the community, more than 2/3 of which are from the sh.t games from the list above and the most scaring fact is that they like to write how good that games are (were). Every new Dev Diary video shows that they are making a regular themepark with nothing more but a mixture of sh.t games features.

You may dislike it but I do not care anymore about this game. Probably will try it in 2 years if they will manage to release it.

Feel free to go back to Archeage. Fact is, Sandbox is not a winning formula.

7d4g0V5.png

Only that the shepherd will lead the flock.    But that is yesterdays news.

Curse my time zone.

I feel like I'm missing so much!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

First of all im disappointed. What are these "rulesets" Where had the "more than a sandbox" phare gone? It is more like (Put the name of any sh.t game like WH, Wildstar, GW2, ESO etc) meets (any game from the list above). Which features are from EvE (only afk offline skill gain) and UO (can see 0)? Also the community, more than 2/3 of which are from the sh.t games from the list above and the most scaring fact is that they like to write how good that games are (were). Every new Dev Diary video shows that they are making a regular themepark with nothing more but a mixture of sh.t games features.

You may dislike it but I do not care anymore about this game. Probably will try it in 2 years if they will manage to release it.

So we've reaffirmed that any game you don't like is a "poorly made socks game". No bias what so ever here folks.

DFUW with all it's incredibly dupes is that way ------->

Tell Taso I said "hi".

Edited by helix

Curse my time zone.

I feel like I'm missing so much!

From what I can tell, those "moments" on enlightenment can not be pre scheduled nor pre planned.   You just have to be there at the exact right moment.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

From what I can tell, those "moments" on enlightenment can not be pre scheduled nor pre planned.   You just have to be there at the exact right moment.  

Than I must be cursed.

I never seem to be around those moments :wacko:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I find it amusing that all of this is coming from someone with a Darkfall forum avatar.

Anyways, I am just hoping for something different, and I don't see where all the "themepark" accusations are coming from. There appear to be no rails to follow in this game. Sure, there are rule sets and certain campaign types, but again, this is all in its infant stages. Beyond that, you get to forge your own path. Every game has some set of rules, or it would just be a broken mess (like Darkfall, and even that games has rules in it, it is a game afterall).

The fact they are talking about player choices mattering and emergent gameplay screams sandbox over themepark. I guess we will see you in a couple years ... /shrug

Edited by MattVid

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

I find it amusing that all of this is coming from someone with a Darkfall forum avatar.

Anyways, I am just hoping for something different, and I don't see where all the "themepark" accusations are coming from. There appear to be no rails to follow in this game. Sure, there are rule sets and certain campaign types, but again, this is all in its infant stages. Beyond that, there is no path to follow.

The fact they are talking about player choices mattering and emergent gameplay screams sandbox over themepark. I guess we will see you in a couple years ... /shrug

Your archetype is a rail, your promotion class is a rail, your disciplines are rails.  There are plenty of rails in this game, they just aren't heading in a direction that is as nauseating as a tab-target pve raiding mmorpg.

Than I must be cursed.

I never seem to be around those moments :wacko:

Perhaps I should start a thread re the most impactful ones :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Anyways, I am just hoping for something different, and I don't see where all the "themepark" accusations are coming from. There appear to be no rails to follow in this game. Sure, there are rule sets and certain campaign types, but again, this is all in its infant stages. Beyond that, you get to forge your own path. Every game has some set of rules, or it would just be a broken mess (like Darkfall, and even that games has rules in it, it is a game afterall).

The OP suffers from what I refer to the "unique snowflake syndrome" or USS.

The issue with people with USS is they don't understand that in MMOs, unlike a single player game, no one can rule over all. No one is special and no one achieves real greatness.

7d4g0V5.png

Dude we have almost no new info from when the KS started so I am not sure exactly what you mean. If you backed before reading and didn't change your pledge that's your bad. Either way I fail to see this incoming theme park game. Pretty sure you don't know what that means.

Furthermore all the games you listed had strengths and weaknesses from a design perspective. You actually did not state any problems and apparently did not do any reading, because nothing has really changed.

So um...this guy clearly doesn't like the idea of the game (which is fine) but posting stupid comments is clearly going to give him backlash. Pretty sure the info about rulesets and comparing features to other games is completely acceptable. It is a completely new genre, so it's kind of hard comparing it to a single game. As for the "standard theme park", I don't think that's the case at all. From what we've seen and heard about, it is completely different than any other MMO besides maybe shadowbane.

While I think the game might be fun, and a nice PvP game, I don't think it will be as hardcore as they are making it out to be. I think it is just a marketing tactic.

No business that wants to make money, and have lots of players will make a very hardcore PvP sandbox game... it's too niche, and players who suck at PvP games will just quit when they lose. It happens in every PvP game with full loot. It's not sustainable for a business. Sure, maybe they can pull it off, but I think it's a slim chance. The only very popular loot game I can think of, that has been around a long time, is Ultima Online. I don't consider Darkfall a success, even though it was hardcore, and other sandbox games have just died out too fast, like Xyson, Mortal (never really got too popular) etc.

EOWWuhQ.png 

*backs away slowly*

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)