Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadman

Diplomacy - Systems And Scheming

Heh the above makes me think of a religious traitor that have been promised a reward in the afterlife.

Cept here the afterlife is very real.

How do you punish someone that knows they are getting rewarded no matter what?

Fanatics would just smile.

My thought on this is to give guilds the ability to organize a vote to kick some one in their guild out of the campaign without receiving rewards.

This does a few things. First guilds will be more reluctant than usual to trust players outside of their guild because the worst punishment they can manage can only be applied to guildmates. Second a spy managing to get in a guild and feed the sensitive information to a rival guild would have some potential consequences. Third, on the other hand spies could charge more for their services and receive payment in the EKs. Fourth this could lead to impromptu in campaign coups, if their guild decides their leadership is not necessary and could be a catalyst for the formation of a new guild.

It's important however that this ability is restricted to guildmates. The implications of applying this campaign wide should be fairly obvious.

My thought on this is to give guilds the ability to organize a vote to kick some one in their guild out of the campaign without receiving rewards.

This does a few things. First guilds will be more reluctant than usual to trust players outside of their guild because the worst punishment they can manage can only be applied to guildmates. Second a spy managing to get in a guild and feed the sensitive information to a rival guild would have some potential consequences. Third, on the other hand spies could charge more for their services and receive payment in the EKs. Fourth this could lead to impromptu in campaign coups, if their guild decides their leadership is not necessary and could be a catalyst for the formation of a new guild.

It's important however that this ability is restricted to guildmates. The implications of applying this campaign wide should be fairly obvious.

I just don't think any of this is necessary...i mean whats the endstate, or rather how is the endstate different than if you didn't do any of this/

i assume i'd be able to kick someone out of the guild for any reason at any time?

I think most existing guilds already have a certain level of distrust of anyone they don't know, know of, or that isn't referenced by someone else..

Spies happen, but it's typically not one that has put the time/energy into becoming a trusted part of a guild (we've had one of those...i wish I had had more spies like that as members...really productive guy :P) Usually a spy is someone who is sitting in voice chat relaying info under an assumed name...you know so you call a target and the target moves before it actually takes any damage hehe.

i mean if a guild (whether it be occ or anyone else) wanted to hold a coup...they uh, just quit and start a new one with different folks in charge?

i just don't see the point...everything you stated will happen on its own.

I just don't think any of this is necessary...i mean whats the endstate, or rather how is the endstate different than if you didn't do any of this/

i assume i'd be able to kick someone out of the guild for any reason at any time?

I think most existing guilds already have a certain level of distrust of anyone they don't know, know of, or that isn't referenced by someone else..

Spies happen, but it's typically not one that has put the time/energy into becoming a trusted part of a guild (we've had one of those...i wish I had had more spies like that as members...really productive guy :P) Usually a spy is someone who is sitting in voice chat relaying info under an assumed name...you know so you call a target and the target moves before it actually takes any damage hehe.

i mean if a guild (whether it be occ or anyone else) wanted to hold a coup...they uh, just quit and start a new one with different folks in charge?

i just don't see the point...everything you stated will happen on its own.

Just a thought for policing without people sitting in jail, because that sounds really boring. Unless they exploit or dupe or whatever then ban hammer them. Players will use the tools you give them and kicking a spy from the guild wouldn't necessarily deny them loot.

Just a thought for policing without people sitting in jail, because that sounds really boring. Unless they exploit or dupe or whatever then ban hammer them. Players will use the tools you give them and kicking a spy from the guild wouldn't necessarily deny them loot.

i would think it automatically would...but we all know nothing :) so any position can be 100% wrong.

True PvP should allow for the players to police themselves.  This is a large part of what gives us factions in PvP environments.  

As in real life, there are good and bad people and every shade of individual that will fall or range between those two poles.  The politics are what take the game to another level.  

"Jail" in a game?  Liberty or death... should be the only options.  

CF_Ror_zpspm6enxco.png

There should never be the option to ban anyone for any reason other than violating the TOS.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015