Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karnos

Secret Pre-Alpha Info From My Dreams!

Last night I had a dream about Crowfall. I was at some sort of pre-alpha testing session. For some reason this test was done at a central location, like a big LAN party, rather than over the internet.  It was just my luck that it occurred in Arlington Virginia, despite the developers being based in Austin Texas.

-I didn't get to play. I'm only a sapphire backer, I have to wait until Alpha 1

-I did help setup. I arrived early and moved around some server racks for J Todd Coleman

-The game was very basic. While you could pick from multiple archetypes, they all had the same abilities and mechanics in-game, that aspect wasn't differentiated yet

-There was a weird bug with female archetypes- whenever you did a combat action such as an attack, the character would do a salute emote immediately after the action.

-Most of the feedback was positive, but there was some complaining about the above bug

-Just like on the forums, there were a few arguments that erupted about how things should work

-I broke my new Nexus 6 cellphone, so when I woke up and realized it was all just a dream I was happy to find my cellphone safe and unbroken

Sorry, can't sleep at work, wish I could.  But you can easily go and have similar dreams!

You just need a small dose of Melatonin, and I can guarantee you will have some weird dreams. For best results, fall asleep while reading the crowfall forums on a tablet or phone.

I find this very disturbing.  Am I the only one?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Especially this :

- I did help setup. I arrived early and moved around some server racks for J Todd Coleman

-There was a weird bug with female archetypes- whenever you did a combat action such as an attack, the character would do a salute emote immediately after the action.

I wish I would dream about very specific things like those ones and then be able to remember them.

Edited by courant101

The dream or the picture above?  I mean both are kind of scary.  The dream less so since I live about 10 minutes away from Arlington, and would be all about crashing a secret pre-alpha party.

No one seems to think helping Todd set up server racks and saluting female archetypes is a bit................weird?    To dream about?   I seriously think that Todd would be totally freaked out to think he was appearing in ppls dreams lol

You crash the party, I want pics!

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

No offense, but you have some pretty lame dreams. I often dream of actually being a knight or fighting a dragon, not playing a low res, unpolished, buggy version of a game with little in it. However, this being said, your dream is pretty spot on to what the game actually is at the moment (though the salute emote bug is probably not a thing...yet...)

No offense, but you have some pretty lame dreams. I often dream of actually being a knight or fighting a dragon, not playing a low res, unpolished, buggy version of a game with little in it. However, this being said, your dream is pretty spot on to what the game actually is at the moment (though the salute emote bug is probably not a thing...yet...)

Zing.