Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

War Stories

Thanks for the update!  War Stories are always the best.  I hold onto my own.  I feel the same way about RP servers these days, I always roll on them, but they have really changed in the last 5 years.

yTzeAMV.jpg

Really makes me wish I had been born about a decade earlier.  I didn't really get into Shadowbane until late in its life cycle, but I still really enjoyed playing it, even carrying over into SBEmu when it opened up and became more playable.  Now it's onto MagicBane because, in the immortal words of Ralcor, MELEE SYYYYYYYYNC!!!

The forums.  Forumbane!     Was that part planned?  Did ya'll know it would turn into a part of the game that was as much a part of the game as the mechanics themselves?  I think some are still playing it today :)

It was always part of the plan... but I think it took on a life of its own. When I first started, I think my title was "Internet Relations Manager" because there was no industry standard of "Community Manager" and only a few people doing those kinds of things at the time. I also remember early on we did a Fan Gathering before the game launched at the Copper Tank (I want to say that was the name of the place). Most of the devs were a little hesitant to go because of how, ahem, passionate the community already was. Luckily, the event went REALLY well (outside of some technical glitches) and I think it helped most of the devs see the "real" side of the fans and not just the rabid forumbaners.

But yeah, Forumbane was a game unto itself and I think without it, SB would not have been the same.

Sean aka Ashen Temper | http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Without the Player, there is no Game!

It was always part of the plan... but I think it took on a life of its own. When I first started, I think my title was "Internet Relations Manager" because there was no industry standard of "Community Manager" and only a few people doing those kinds of things at the time. I also remember early on we did a Fan Gathering before the game launched at the Copper Tank (I want to say that was the name of the place). Most of the devs were a little hesitant to go because of how, ahem, passionate the community already was. Luckily, the event went REALLY well (outside of some technical glitches) and I think it helped most of the devs see the "real" side of the fans and not just the rabid forumbaners.

But yeah, Forumbane was a game unto itself and I think without it, SB would not have been the same.

I do believe it will be the model for our very young "Forumfall"  beginnings here.

Poor Pann....................she will be a very busy lady.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

She looks amazing. Is it me or there a little viking theme going on? Well hopefully I will see a Male Fae concept art, I am holding out hope for a Male Fae.

Yeah, when I started working on Shadowbane, the only things I had played (MMO-wise) was Ultima Online and Everquest (I did play DAOC while working on SB, though and a few other MMOs). Around that time there was Asheron's Call and Anarchy Online and I believe Eve launched shortly after SB. But everyone was looking at making their own MMO. Sure, some of the RPG elements were similar but there was a lot of differences between them, too.

One of the greatest things for the industry was also one of the worst (imo) - WoW. Great in that they made a fantastic, highly polished product that really brought a lot of attention to the MMO genre. The downside is most publishers just wanted WoW 1.2. They wanted something that would attract millions of players and make even more money and the idea most of them was to cookie-cutter what WoW was. In the long run, I think WoW will have done (a lot) more good than harm but there was a good span of time where everyone just wanted WoW "but different" and that was the direction a lot of developers were given.

The most hated on the forums, huh? That is some bold talk! I was sad to see it shut down after I left (but, sadly, it wasn't a surprise).

I was one of the most hated , not the most hated ;)

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Shadowbane is free to play, most guilds would take you on if you are willing to log on voice chat and resemble a human. There is no excuse for ignorance.

Shadowbane is bar none the best MMO ever, and it isnt even close. I guarantee the Shadowbane contingent will dominate in this game in one way or another because the weak politicos from SB will have a train of thought that will present obvious opportunities, and the weaker PvPers from SB will already have instincts that can only come with time from many hours in a perpetually unsafe environment. They will have a head start in character creation and coordination on the battle field. The only major shortcoming i see is in the world of crafting and SBers have proven to be innovative enough to provide wealth for the value in its players.

Yes SBers are a tough bunch to like sometimes, but never underestimate even the weakest of the SBers... you might loose more then you bargained for.

Edited by indianburn

Female champ went from a raven beauty to olympic weightlifter with roid rage. She looks like a great option for some of the males that like to run female characters.

I've been aware from day 1 here on the CF boards, exactly what the sense of community meant to SBers. While everyone else cringed, too afraid to post because they were going to be ganked right here on Forumbane, instead, I admired and envied their strong bonds that had endured so many years.

After approximately one week of the Crowfall boards opening, I understood what it meant to them to hold hope that Todd would deliver the finished Shadowbane product. That day I went to the Shadowbane sub forum and promised them that I would never make any game suggestions to change any hope they had for Shadowbane resurrection.

I've always sincerely wanted them to have the game that Todd wanted to make for recompense. Not EvE, not SWG, not UO, not WoW, not EQ.

More War stories please. :)

288mqgz.png

Just one thing.

Sturdy built woman never looked as good before this.

WOAH!

The look in her face, the way the armor makes her look strong and crude.

Bolts, nuts, plates of rough steel.

And i was googling the naked skin ... that arm shouts.

"Want to attack this? Come try to cut trough muscles as tough as steel!"

This is what were are talking about.

No need for "epic" gears full of spikes. When you got charmfull ambiente to go with practical gear, that is so much more epic!

Female champ went from a raven beauty to olympic weightlifter with roid rage. She looks like a great option for some of the males that like to run female characters.

I've been aware from day 1 here on the CF boards, exactly what the sense of community meant to SBers. While everyone else cringed, too afraid to post because they were going to be ganked right here on Forumbane, instead, I admired and envied their strong bonds that had endured so many years.

After approximately one week of the Crowfall boards opening, I understood what it meant to them to hold hope that Todd would deliver the finished Shadowbane product. That day I went to the Shadowbane sub forum and promised them that I would never make any game suggestions to change any hope they had for Shadowbane resurrection.

I've always sincerely wanted them to have the game that Todd wanted to make for recompense. Not EvE, not SWG, not UO, not WoW, not EQ.

More War stories please. :)

I share this sentiment.    They are a special community and unique.   I think I was converted to the tune of " get good or get got"  LOL  I want them to have their game.  Hell, I wanna play their game!   All Father willing.  

"“No,” the elder replied, shaking his head. “There are no endings, only changes. This Age is over, but new one shall begin. Soon,” the old man said, sweeping his hand over the horizon, “all the tattered lands shall be swept clean, and a New Age shall begin. A change is coming.”

A moment passed in silence. Overhead the first stars began to shine. Finally the old man spoke again.

“May it be a better Age than this,” the old man said.

They stood there till the distant fire burned out. At last they turned and walked away. In the east the sky shown gold.

A new day had begun."         

Prophecy?

Edited by ellie

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

http://winterblades.net/history/chapter-one/

Go through all of the chapters and the chronicle. Some decent true stories in there, courtesy of Angelmar.

thank you!

I liked this, but how exactly is this a "game-related" update?

It's a picture of concept art and a video talking about old memories.

Yeah, that's about it a new art concept with old memories from Shadowbane. :)

It's hype announcement though which I appreciated a lot, but I guess it's no secret that ACE work hard

to get all the emails connected to crowfall site from the successful KS.

- In addition, I like the Sean's statement; 'some days u woke up and your city was gone'. And that's how I also remember the early days of Shadowbane, because politics matters with other guilds and that's the key for multiplayer approach in my opinion, because communication among guilds and players is important. ^_^  

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/