Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mazh

What Is Your Pvp Soundtrack?

The sound of my enemies sobbing or my own depending on the day  :D 

Seriously though, I usually prefer whatever soundtrack the game has if it is decent or random chill background music. PVP is intense enough that I don't need extra heart pumping being added.

Although Wardruna would probably be pretty good for the build up moments.

Silence.  Maintains the zen and zanshin (ever-presentness) needed for focus on opponents.  And helps prevent you from getting PKed IRL.  

Noise cancelling = tunnel vision = deady dead :)

(I also mute ingame sound)

Gaunsaku

Elder, Lords of the Dead

lotd.org

Most of the time I listen to black metal (Behemoth, Meshuggah) which I really love to listen to overall.

I also listen to some Vocaloid if I feel like it, though far less common.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Typically when I game I do not have any sort of music on; whether in game music or something of my own accord.  But I can appreciate a good track laid into a highlight video as long as the tempo matches the theme of the video.

[@--(o.O)@]

The sound of my enemies sobbing or my own depending on the day  :D

Seriously though, I usually prefer whatever soundtrack the game has if it is decent or random chill background music. PVP is intense enough that I don't need extra heart pumping being added.

I agree with this.  I tend to run as part of a scout squad or in large groups, so I like to use the comms and listen for the ingame tells.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Music is a distraction. I need to hear the footfalls of the one trying to sneak up on me or the one I'm stalking. Hear the branches he snaps. Hear his panicked breath. So much the better for me if all of your ears are deadened.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Funny enough, this whole "Hagakure" and "way of the warrior is death" thing is incredibly misunderstood by 95% of the world.  The Hagakure author wasn't even a warrior who practiced, rather a lowly retainer who romanticized the ideal of the Japanese samurai to an extreme.  The whole "way of the warrior is death" bit doesn't really mean to throw caution to the win and sacrifice yourself.  It means death as is change, of killing the self to live in an egoless "mushin" like state.  Very, very different than "I must die for my lord!"  Real warriors back then knew how valuable their lives were in service and sought to remain alive as long as possible to continue serving, not sacrificing themselves (sutemi).  

It would be like a guy who watched Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down and Full Metal Jacket putting out a book on the philosophy and ideals of US military.  Serious practitioners and historians would pay it no mind (just like the Hagakure) :)

Gaunsaku

Elder, Lords of the Dead

lotd.org

I don't listen to music when I play...

When I play fps games I want to hear everything...

when I play MMOs I listen to my guildmates talk...

I never understood why some people need basically background noise when doing stuff.

I don't listen to music when I work either... it's just distracting... or it moves to the background and I don't even listen to it at all, so I might as well not have anything on in the first place.

Edited by freeze

Music is a distraction. I need to hear the footfalls of the one trying to sneak up on me or the one I'm stalking. Hear the branches he snaps. Hear his panicked breath. So much the better for me if all of your ears are deadened.

me too, if i could. Never played an MMORPG where I could really ear people walking and branched snaping...

2whf87a.jpg

Spandau Ballet and Wham!

Are we like the same age or something?

Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015