Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DrGendo

Smite

I saw there was some old discussion, so I was curious: anybody here play Smite?

Personally, I love it, playing it when I can. I'm hoping that Crowfall and Smite don't compete too much for my time.

"The horror, the horror."

Currently looking for guild! Resume and references provided on request. 

I can't claim to actively play it anymore. I got in very early to the closed beta and played a whole lot, even went ahead and bought the god pack deal they had/have that you pay a one time fee and get every god that is ever released over the games lifetime. I stopped playing not long after Scylla came out, because I had limited time to play games and while I enjoyed Smite I wanted to play other stuff more. I don't know what the current meta is, but at the time I always loved to play the solo warrior lane. Sun Wukong all day, every day. I would potentially be up to redownloading and giving it a go again though.

I also bought to God pack, but I just...  I dunno...  I can't really get into it.  It's fun and all just, I guess I'm not willing to dedicate the time to learning all of the Gods and how to counter or avoid them...  and just end up getting run through over and over which, really is no fun.

As a side note, when I *did* play, I favored ZEEOOS!

It's the only game I play atm to get my PVP fix because no MMO can give it to me right now.

Bellona, Nu Wa, Athena, Serqet are my best God(esses)

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I play, and tend to login at least daily to get my daily bonus.  I picked up the God Pack as well.  I just started maybe a couple months ago with Season 2, so missed out on all the Season 1 action, but am slowly getting my level up so I can start ranked.  I think I'm a couple games shy of level 20 at the moment.  All of this was done without using any of the boosters.

I started with Mercury and ranked him to V.  Since then I've been playing a little bit of everything as in order to select a god in ranked matches you have to at least have it mastered to I.

I've too many I enjoy playing currently to select a favorite.  Some of them include:  Athena, Ares, Ymir, Bastet, Thanatos, Mercury, and Medusa.

Feel free to look me up and add me; Scribal.

[@--(o.O)@]

I've been playing a bit as well, I find it difficult to get committed and play a lot with arena games like mobas though.. Just starts feeling shallow so fast, need my MMO fix.

Member of The BlackHand Order

Smite and MWO are the two match-based games I've been playing lately.  I generally only have time for match based stuff when I'm in school.  If I start playing something like Elite, it starts to eat up too much of my time.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

It's cool to see some people playing. If anyone wants to play with me, my IGN is the same as here, DrGendo. 

I generally play  Vamana, Bellona, Tyr, Nemesis, Chang'e, and a little Muzen, and I used to main Athena. 

I'm super excited to see people playing! Played since mid closed beta, finished last season plat and this years elo is generally high plat to low diamond. I main jungle Thor/arachne/kali, secondary solo and mid, and while I can ADC and support I find ADC boring in the current meta until late game. While I like support generally with how the matchmaking works if I'm not on some type of carry my team usually won't win.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

It's cool to see some people playing. If anyone wants to play with me, my IGN is the same as here, DrGendo. 

I generally play  Vamana, Bellona, Tyr, Nemesis, Chang'e, and a little Muzen, and I used to main Athena. 

I'll add you when I get on sometimes. I've been too busy :c

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Hmm, I'm starting to form the idea of founding a Crowfall forum Smite clan. Mostly because I want to explore the clan system but I haven't found one that I like. 

Hel is one of those gods that's OP in the hands of a skilled player.  But since so many aren't that great with her, no one calls her OP.  She's covertly OP.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

Hel is one of those gods that's OP in the hands of a skilled player.  But since so many aren't that great with her, no one calls her OP.  She's covertly OP.

Yes and no. A lot of players are idiots (that goes without saying really). Hel is a AoE radial nuker with soft CC, so if she's in the solo lane, you really have to pressure her early before her nukes get strong enough to wave clear and poke the custard out of you. (also steal her mana camps as much as possible, most of them never get HoG for the solo lanes, which is baffling. You want to secure your camps, come on!!)

You can do Hel support only if your duo is smart enough to be patient and take advantage of your sustain and doesn't overstep. Very difficult but definitely doable.

Hel Mid is the same deal as solo, but for some reason, casual junglers tend to gank middle and not help solo, so you have a better chance at that...

It really depends on the Hel player's skill and your skill and your jungler actually doing his job. But she can be a tough cookie to take down at times. The biggest mistake you can ever do is be greedy against a Hel. Just build those anti-heals and magic proc as soon as possible, lol... she's a bugger in groupfights too!

I also like Hel, I have her Solstice skin and voicepack too.

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I agree and like her because she is so difficult. I just recently started to play Chang'e and the difference is noticeable. I like Chang'e too but she is so "easy" in comparison, that it really made me appreciate starting off with Hel since the learning curve was so high. I also find that not a lot of people play Hel, so they don't really know how to counter her. It also makes me cringe whenever someone suggests I can't play her solo and must play her as a support. I can and I do play Hel as support sometimes since I like the challenge, but it can be annoying getting the blame when people don't understand why I let them die when they rush in and expect me to follow.

Edited by Mytherceria

I agree and like her because she is so difficult. I just recently started to play Chang'e and the difference is noticeable. I like Chang'e too but she is so "easy" in comparison, that it really made me appreciate starting off with Hel since the learning curve was so high. I also find that not a lot of people play Hel, so they don't really know how to counter her. It also makes me cringe whenever someone suggests I can't play her solo and must play her as a support. I can and I do play Hel as support sometimes since I like the challenge, but it can be annoying getting the blame when people don't understand why I let them die when they rush in and expect me to follow.

Lol. Can't explain it during a match, no point. Chang'e has more mobility and her heal is actually an anti-heal built in. With Moonlight Waltz, Chang'e has a free escape or gap closer with mana sustain. Hel definitely requires more tactical positioning and a way to creep up to your opponent for the kill.

And that is pretty cringy, Hel is a niche support and is much more viable in solo and mid, but to say that she can't support is sort of a fallacy. Most people want hard CCs, and hel provides soft CCs instead and a cleanse. Hel and Cupid do really well in duo

Just got out of a match with based A T H E N A, 4/4/14 jungle. U IS ROCKSTAR!!!!

Ah Puch's ult needs a slight nerf though, wew man. That slow duration takes AGES to remove. I should probably just use sprint in that regard but still.

btw, I added you Mytherceria, would love to play with your Hel :P

you too Dr.Gendo

my IGN is SuperMuseKiko

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Oh, that explains the friend requests. Totally zoned out.  

I changed my IGN, so if you see CaptainPancakes, that's actually me. 

I would agree that Hel is fun and really hard, and would agree that she's very powerful. However, due to this power being well-known, she tends to get camped really hard and is easy to punish. This makes her a rough solo and even worse mid, especially the latter due to lack of blue buff and mana issues. 

I think there's about 20-some gods I'd rather have as a support over Hel, including every guardian, every warrior, and a couple assassins. Hel is incredibly level and item dependent, as most mages are, so putting her in a support role prevents her from getting the farm she needs. There are plenty of more effective kill-laners as well, so you get very little out of her hanging with the duo. Combined with a lack of hard CC, no ult for objective contesting, and the inherent mage squishiness, Hel is probably not the best choice for a support. 

Oh, and don't play a slow mage without mobility or hard CC in the jungle.

Oh, that explains the friend requests. Totally zoned out.  

I changed my IGN, so if you see CaptainPancakes, that's actually me. 

I would agree that Hel is fun and really hard, and would agree that she's very powerful. However, due to this power being well-known, she tends to get camped really hard and is easy to punish. This makes her a rough solo and even worse mid, especially the latter due to lack of blue buff and mana issues. 

I think there's about 20-some gods I'd rather have as a support over Hel, including every guardian, every warrior, and a couple assassins. Hel is incredibly level and item dependent, as most mages are, so putting her in a support role prevents her from getting the farm she needs. There are plenty of more effective kill-laners as well, so you get very little out of her hanging with the duo. Combined with a lack of hard CC, no ult for objective contesting, and the inherent mage squishiness, Hel is probably not the best choice for a support. 

Oh, and don't play a slow mage without mobility or hard CC in the jungle.

This is all absolutely true and probably why you don't see very many Hel's being played; she is too difficult and can be the difference between winning and losing. I have played the other healing oriented supports and Hel is by far the most difficult to start with but also the strongest late game, where she completely dominates if she survives and has a decent team backing her up.