Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daevic

An Armory

Quite often I find myself hanging on to armor or gear that has some kind of meaning in games be it gotten from a difficult boss, full set, or just something that's a once a year event. For whatever the reason I'd like to be able to keep gear or sets in my EK and display them maybe even be able to setup a note beside it so people passing through can see what that gear is to me where it came from etc.

Quite often I find myself hanging on to armor or gear that has some kind of meaning in games be it gotten from a difficult boss, full set, or just something that's a once a year event. For whatever the reason I'd like to be able to keep gear or sets in my EK and display them maybe even be able to setup a note beside it so people passing through can see what that gear is to me where it came from etc.

I don't know if you can craft/bring over armor from Campaigns to EKs, but armor is treated a lot different in CF vs. WoW and EQ. Your gear degrades and breaks a lot easier. You'll be replacing it regularly over the course of a Campaign. We'll see what the full function of armor is, but it's definitely not as huge a progression mechanic as it is in traditional themeparks.

This idea is pleasing me a lot. When I rarely go in museum, the thing that always catch my eyes are the old armors and clothes.

uFrxXUx.jpg?1   k0B2S9p.jpg?1   DNoN0ye.jpg?1

I was thinking of a few ways they could implement this, maybe players could purchase CS items, like the mannequins to hold the clothes, armors or weapons to display, and maybe a more "polished" version of the existing in-game equipment could also be purchased. 

To make a kind of "museum" in our EK, that would sound like a meaningful trophy to me.

I think your suggestion would fit very well in the "The Pledge Store - What Would You Like To See?" thread created by primal.

I love the idea.

We should atleast be able to hang that very awesome piece of crafted armour somewhere on the walls of the EK.

That way you can have armour that means a lot to you atleast be useful for showing it off.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Skyrim has this feature does it not, or is that a mod I installed? It is indeed cool to have some armour in you house and would be awesome to have the armour of your enemy (assuming stealing/looting dead people is a thing) on display.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

.... would be awesome to have the armour of your enemy (assuming stealing/looting dead people is a thing) on display.

Or their heads on spikes along the EK entrance road...  :ph34r:

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

I forget where, but they had mentioned enjoying the SWG option where a mannequin displayed full sets of armor for sale. I didn't play SWG, so I may get the analogy wrong. But it'd definitely be neat to have thralls/mannequins to do so. Granted, it won't be epic purples, so no one will care as much but give the vendors some power.

And yeah, you won't be able to take armor back from the campaigns in droves, but you can take resources which will in turn be traded/made into armor.

I don't know if you can craft/bring over armor from Campaigns to EKs, but armor is treated a lot different in CF vs. WoW and EQ. Your gear degrades and breaks a lot easier. You'll be replacing it regularly over the course of a Campaign. We'll see what the full function of armor is, but it's definitely not as huge a progression mechanic as it is in traditional themeparks.

I feel like this is going to make the armor that survives the campaigns that much more special. ESPECIALLY if I won't be using it in the next campaign.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

I feel like this is going to make the armor that survives the campaigns that much more special. ESPECIALLY if I won't be using it in the next campaign.

...especially if it shows battle scars like dents and scratches.... and blood.... lots of blood stains.... one can only dream.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...