Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kamer

Backers Email.

If it makes you feel any better, my husband, one of our BFFs and I haven't gotten ours yet either -- and I'm the one sending them. They are going out in small increments because, every so often, there's a code that may not work correctly or has some other wonkiness that we need to work out with the Web team. By tackling those little bumps as they occur, we are potentially avoiding a possible log jam of unhappy people. Not that those without their codes are dancing-on-the-ceiling happy, but "impatient, waiting for code" is not as bad as "have code, can't redeem". 

Anywhoo -- a) thank you, thank you, thank you for your patience and B) thank you x a bazillion for backing us. I know we say that often, but believe me that we mean it every time. Your support really does mean a lot to us. 

Lol at least we know you're not playing favorites. and take your time I'm sure we can all agree waiting on pins and needles is better than half of us getting broken codes. That would really back things up at ACE.

I got mine today too!
I may be missing the obvious, but why don't I have that frame thing yet?
How do I set it?
I've got Amber.

Edited by MrPriest

Nyt is totally correct. The lack of something as basic as SSL on the account page is embarrassing. The people brushing it of are also embarrassing.

You do not do security for a multi million dollar venture half assed until the first hack. At least you don't if you are doing your duty to your company/investors.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

If it makes you feel any better, my husband, one of our BFFs and I haven't gotten ours yet either -- and I'm the one sending them. They are going out in small increments because, every so often, there's a code that may not work correctly or has some other wonkiness that we need to work out with the Web team. By tackling those little bumps as they occur, we are potentially avoiding a possible log jam of unhappy people. Not that those without their codes are dancing-on-the-ceiling happy, but "impatient, waiting for code" is not as bad as "have code, can't redeem". 

Anywhoo -- a) thank you, thank you, thank you for your patience and B) thank you x a bazillion for backing us. I know we say that often, but believe me that we mean it every time. Your support really does mean a lot to us. 

Good luck with the process. I guess I'll stop auto-deleting my spam and start checking it carefully.  :blink:

Congratulations to everyone else who got their emails! I got mine around noon. So excited to be a part of this game. (Amber FTW)

Amber was the best choice.

Even if the game somehow fails.

The CE will be stroked by me~

And i suspect, Cf won't fail me~

I got mine today too!

I may be missing the obvious, but why don't I have that frame thing yet?

How do I set it?

I've got Amber.

Think I read that Kickstarter frames were coming sometime the end of the month-ish.

5930347.jpg?48

Got mine yesterday afternoon (Amber) and everything went smoothly.  :)

Was you email labeled as important or something else? Just wondering. I don't really want to accidentally delete it.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I 100% agree with how you're doing this.  I'd much rather wait than you guys have 18k people mad about their stuff not working.  However, I am not very good at the patience thing..... I want my codes!!! :P

Regarding the lack of SSL, how big of an issue that is depends on how paranoid you are and where you do your computing.

If you're logging in over open WiFi without SSL then it would be trivial for someone to have stolen your credentials.

If you're at home on a wired network then you should be relatively safe, unless you don't trust your ISP, the internet backbone, and/or Crowfall's hosting provider.  ;)

soli deo gloria

We're going to wait hell of a lot longer for the game to come out, so I think this little mishap won't bother many people.

It's better to get job done right than to get everything done in given time.

Thanks Wanderhall for the update!

Answer from Gordon, from the pinned thread in the general forums:

Mal, I'm sure its coming soon, lots of emails to send out. What package did you pick? Maybe they are starting with the higher tiers?

I'm so jealous.. I want my email!!  :(  :(  :(

LW_sig_concept6_zpsdcbxhvyp.jpg
The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home.