Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
borbor

Ships?

I like the idea of ships in Crowfall; I think it's a dynamic aspect of gameplay that could really add to the experience.

Of course, since we’re on the subject of ships anyway I have an idea that could up the ante even further - airships:

wall-05.jpg

Granted, few MMORPGs in the past have had flying mounts or vehicles due to technical limitations. Flying areas always required more work from the designers, to complete the terrain in every map, it was usually far easier to never finish the mountaintops and all the other areas players would normally never see.

However, I think that Crowfall could be different. Since each campaign map is procedurally generated anyway ACE could allow players to explore the skies of each area and not just the ground. As I understand it the mountaintops would be fully realised each time anyway, when a new campaign is generated. All that remains is to give players the chance to more fully explore each map thanks to the implementation of airships.

Airships could provide fire support for the players fighting on the ground; while being powerful platforms for sieges or lightning-fast raids, depending on how each airship is configured. Guilds could amass the resources to create entire armadas of airships. Alternatively, high-level players could have their own private airships, something more akin to a yacht then a warship, if they so choose.

Maybe somebody already suggested this or it is already planned, but i just want to say having Ships in the game would be infinitely cool as it would add a whole new layer to combat. Also, PIRATES!

Tod has talked about this. It definitely wouldn't be part of the core module. However he has stated the technology of the engine would allow it and he has showed admiration of Archeage ship battles. So it is possible, but not on the current drawing board. That being said if you look at star citizen, they are doing things now they didn't plan on doing until years after launch. So it all depends on funding as far as if this is a sooner or way later.

I fully support the idea and notion for Navel battles and ships in Crowfall.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

It may not be out at launch (OK, it WILL NOT be out at launch), but it'll definitely come out eventually. I don't know if it'll come out as the first ever expansion or if it'll be 2-3 down the road, but I hope they take their time on it and make it amazing. Who knows, maybe they'll add other things with it, like a fishing skill. And since eventually Winter's gonna come around, maybe there can be sea-beasts we can fight, kill and loot. Hey, we have hellcats, gryphons and wyverns. Gotta hold out hope for a sea-serpent <3

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

As long as I can drag the ship across the map with a harpoon, I completely support this.

Second best part of ArcheAge, right after pulling the boat underwater and launching it into the air.

I hope we some naval campaigns. i think it would be awesome discovering a new island and building a fortress to keep invaders off your island.

On the topic of airships I would guess that something is in the works since they have already mentioned air caravans.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002