Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

State Of The Service/web

Also, do you plan to support the website/game in other languages than the ones mentioned?

Currently German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Italian are the most language spoken in EU (partially asia too because of Russia).

If there are more backers and people who demand other languages in EU, then there's a possibility. However, only because of 1, 10 or 100 would not make a difference. Maybe at 500 or more, ArtCraft may think of adding another language.

Currently German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Italian are the most language spoken in EU (partially asia too because of Russia).

If there are more backers and people who demand other languages in EU, then there's a possibility. However, only because of 1, 10 or 100 would not make a difference. Maybe at 500 or more, ArtCraft may think of adding another language.

I would argue if only these. I'm just wondering whether they base this on backers, or some other subjective/objective factors.

I would argue if only these. I'm just wondering whether they base this on backers, or some other subjective/objective factors.

Because there will be only two servers, one for US and one for EU, there has to be taken some major languages to provide support for many.

In the US, people gather from around the world, but mostly US/Canada/South America. Most of them speak english, some speak spanish or portuguese, russian and italian, and french too.

In the EU, people mostly speak english, some german, french, spanish, portuguese, russian and italian.

Only difference in both states/countries are German. German has been obviously added because there's like +20 million german speaking potential players (Luxembourgh, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein)

A developer wrote : "What are the current top 9 non-English languages we see from visitors? (not early backers, we won’t have those numbers until after the Kickstarter ends)  Note that these rankings could really change based upon which regions are backing us.

French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Turkish, Polish and Dutch are ranked in order after English"

"It’s reasonable to think that we may get enough people to warrant a server in the EU, and/or one in Asia/Pacific region (probably Singapore), and even possibly in South America and Eastern Europe/Russia.  We’ve even had a lot of interest in the Middle East.  The international interest is unprecedented in our experience, but at this point it is hard to know now if we achieve critical mass.  Typically you need a player population in *excess of 10k people* in a region to support localized servers  over a long term period."

And wrote this too in January : " Interestingly, the current number one non-English language for our website is Spanish (3.7%), followed by Italian (2.4%) and German (2.2%).  We pay attention to this and will have a localization plan for the game, but don't expect any details on this for a while!"

So I guess it has to do with the numbers of visitors / potential players from different countries.

so i have this friend who was banned. the same email he used to sign up on the crowfall forums, he used to pledge for kickstarter. now what?

Lol ;)

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Congrats EU good info. Key claimed! :D

Me and my buddies are always looking for friendly people to game with. Are you that type of person? Then look us up @ www.seireitei.info ;)

Just redeemed mine as well without a hitch.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

The backer code isn't working for me.   =\   Does the site not like Firefox?

(The field where I put the code turns green when I press "Submit Code" but nothing happens beyond that.  A few moments later the green fades.  I've already tried going to the "Backer Rewards" part of my account information to confirm it's there, and it's not.)

The backer code isn't working for me.   =\   Does the site not like Firefox?

(The field where I put the code turns green when I press "Submit Code" but nothing happens beyond that.  A few moments later the green fades.  I've already tried going to the "Backer Rewards" part of my account information to confirm it's there, and it's not.)

I used firefox (latest ver) without a problem. I'd definitely try another browser though?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Because there will be only two servers, one for US and one for EU, there has to be taken some major languages to provide support for many.

In the US, people gather from around the world, but mostly US/Canada/South America. Most of them speak english, some speak spanish or portuguese, russian and italian, and french too.

In the EU, people mostly speak english, some german, french, spanish, portuguese, russian and italian.

Only difference in both states/countries are German. German has been obviously added because there's like +20 million german speaking potential players (Luxembourgh, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein)

Some is good.

If you take in EU.

The the market for games perse.

The "german speaking" market is really big.

If you go by language known and marekt size:

-english (cause anyone old enough in EU country, with a bit gamer background can atleast understand basics. +GB has a big market.)

-german ( alot of players with hobbies to funnel money too.)

-french (really big one)

-russian (Biggest for makeing money, but ... i need to say. Anyone who played Prime World, knows that russian players. Tend to be rather bad, in a mulituted of ways. It's just my experience, but money and a bit crocked view on politics .. make bad chatrooms full of flamers... + they got a age span on the lower end [just my experiences, but most russians i found in games where behaving like kids. With zero englisch knowledge. Zero.])

I realy hope that alot of markets will be brought into CF.

The mor elanguage support the better, but that costs money...

Just got my email.  Was able to redeem my code without issue.  Used Google Chrome.

Tried it on Chrome and it worked.  Guess it didn't like Firefox.  =(