Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah, yeah, I'm biased. I can admit it. However...

In a war game simulator, there will always be a need for a type of unit that is able to get intel in a quick and efficient manner. In this game, with the fog of war beginning each campaign, GvG, Faction, and Realm vs. Realm combat, there is going to be a clear need to know where the enemy is - and just as importantly, where they are going. Combat since the most ancient of eras has evolved around three basic steps - Find the enemy. Fix the enemy. Finish the enemy. Scouts, along with accompanying light troops and assorted skirmishers have excelled at the first and the last since the dawn of organized combat.

There has been talk about spies infiltrating other guilds, and perhaps some folks feel that is the same effect. I will tell you now that it is not. Any fool with an e-mail address and enough patience can infiltrate a guild. Only someone who learns to play the game well can gather than same information via in-game means... and oh my how much fun will be had on both sides when they make the attempt.

CF_Van.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, yeah, I'm biased. I can admit it. However...   In a war game simulator, there will always be a need for a type of unit that is able to get intel in a quick and efficient manner. In this game,

No.   He wants the Shadowbane Scout class.   One class to detect stealthers, use track (more efficiently than classes that get it as a secondary power), and have a speed bonus to effectively move

I personally don't want to see scouts like in SB, that lived in another plane of existence.   Scouts picked their fights... if they didn't want to fight, noone but another scout could force them. I

I'm all for mechanics that deal with scouting (such as the spotting mechanic in Battlefield games, for example), but I'm not really sure tying them to a given class would help much. Maybe 5 out of 10 Archetypes (for example) get access to these scouting mechanics/abilities, or something. But, it seems a bit narrow to restrict it to a single class/promotion class.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Vandarr...the videos already discuss the importance (and inclusion) of both stealth and stealth detection powers. Assuming that Rangers or Stalkers (most likely Stalkers IMHO) have both the ability to stealth themselves and detect others stealthed, what else do you see as essential for a true "scout" to have? Speed? 

Vandarr...the videos already discuss the importance (and inclusion) of both stealth and stealth detection powers. Assuming that Rangers or Stalkers (most likely Stalkers IMHO) have both the ability to stealth themselves and detect others stealthed, what else do you see as essential for a true "scout" to have? Speed? 

Speed, stealth, stealth-detect, and "track" (not quite the same as stealth-detect).  The ability to sense friend/foe within proximity, and maybe the ability to sense when a party has been through a given area within a spec time period would be nice.

CF_Ror_zpspm6enxco.png

I think he wants the team fortress spy.

No.

He wants the Shadowbane Scout class.

One class to detect stealthers, use track (more efficiently than classes that get it as a secondary power), and have a speed bonus to effectively move around the world to find the enemy.

I'm also horribly biased into finding this same role in CF.  I want.  I need the "scout" class to exist in Crowfall.  Through Alpha and Beta builds I'm going to use either Ranger or Stalker or whatever class can achieve these goals.

<3 Shadowbane scouts.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

You've got it.

I want a class that excels at finding the bad guys and running down the survivors when your guild wtfpwns them. If they could slow down the enemy's advance with some snares and/or debuffs, all the better, but really, I just want something akin to Shadowbane scouts.

No other class had as many full time dedicated players as did the scouts, though thieves came closest I'd bet. There's a reason - it's fun as heck to be the point of the spear.

CF_Van.png

I thought there was alot of dev chatter about scouts. Kinda given.

Id be surprised if there wasnt. I saw this thread going toward "how can you spy when people know your name". Maybe its the alcohol talking.

As a guild: we used to take pride in the spies that came through our ranks.  We'd allow folks to pledge to our banner and give them all the rope they needed.

All part of the game.

More often than not, they'd roll up another character and pledge to stay for a while.

CF_Ror_zpspm6enxco.png