Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Give Us Scouts!

vandarr

I think some of these things you want... are features and abilities going into the discipline system.  For example, there's no point in having a fully dedicated Archetype for Scout, when you can just use the discipline that detects stealth.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Well, I just want to get it out here.

But I've my version what I dislike features in-game in no particular order.

1. Auto-track, lazy poorly made socks (scouts) - breaks immersion of concealments while using the terrain.  :huh:

2. Fast travel.  :angry:

3. Tedious tasks like harvesting; what's the point you can just pk the harvester in good old fashion UO style combat? ;)  

4. Slow skill progression - I don't see the carrot - maybe I'm blind, because it's certainly not tunnel vision.  :blink:

5. Talking corpses after you get owned in PvP is just silly.. Actually I like that so adorable. ^_^  

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

Give us crawl, crounch, hidden Nicknames, lower footstep noises, some flares, a pair of binoculars and camouflaged gear <3

Want nothing else

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

Give us crawl, crounch, hidden Nicknames, lower footstep noises, some flares, a pair of binoculars and camouflaged gear <3

Want nothing else

and a sniper w scope?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I love the idea of scout classes

NOT assassin backstabbing specifically

Scouting... old school

Hunt it, find it scout it report back use info to benefit team WIN

As for flintlocks and scopes

The fundamentals were invented at a similar time so their existence at the same time is not totally silly

Flintlocks, mussel loaded firearms etc were not used for their great accuracy

They were used because they could put a hole the size of your fist through a man in armour and possibly the guy behind him as well

Their existence in any game makes the use of shields and armour rather silly

I know its fantasy and you can do what ever you want but... really

You know where it all ends...starts with flintlocks, then Gatling guns, then tanks, then motorbikes....then....WOW

Speed, stealth, stealth-detect, and "track" (not quite the same as stealth-detect).  The ability to sense friend/foe within proximity, and maybe the ability to sense when a party has been through a given area within a spec time period would be nice.

Don't forget the ability to summon!

Belgosch  :wub:

And Scout has my +1 as well

Edited by nehemia

I personally don't want to see scouts like in SB, that lived in another plane of existence.

Scouts picked their fights... if they didn't want to fight, noone but another scout could force them. I hope that'll not be an issue in CF.

My preference is definitely to see the roles be more modular. I kind of thought that's what the discipline system was all about. I know some things are locked to Archetypes, etc., for thematic reasons, but a role like scouting definitely fits more with a discipline (or two or three) than with a whole class/Archetype/template.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

I could not disagree with that statement more.

Welp, then we have 2 schools of thought.... 

1. Scout is a full class, which requires an Archtype
  2. Scout is a role and can be specialized by any Archtype by Disciplines

I prefer #2, it is a role and it has far more flexibility as such.

I personally don't want to see scouts like in SB, that lived in another plane of existence.

Scouts picked their fights... if they didn't want to fight, noone but another scout could force them. I hope that'll not be an issue in CF.

Scouts like in earlier SB were fine. Their stam was balanced on the bow in such a way that they had to be skilled in managing it, their big run speed buff was a stam drain and broke on damage either incoming or outgoing, and they didn't have a ridiculous amount of free trains into running. Then the changes came through and you're right, they were very broken by end game. Way to easy to play, way too low of a risk for the power they had. Scouts need to take skill to play well in combat. It should almost be more of a support toon imo, but they should exist. I'm just hoping for something like the Thief class in Shadowbane to serve as a counter to them. Biased, naturally.

pKWaYh4.jpg

No.

He wants the Shadowbane Scout class.

One class to detect stealthers, use track (more efficiently than classes that get it as a secondary power), and have a speed bonus to effectively move around the world to find the enemy.

I'm also horribly biased into finding this same role in CF.  I want.  I need the "scout" class to exist in Crowfall.  Through Alpha and Beta builds I'm going to use either Ranger or Stalker or whatever class can achieve these goals.

<3 Shadowbane scouts.

For all ya trolls. This is what he wants. .

To me the archetype icon (the mask) of Assassin and Ranger suggests stealth. We don't know anything for certain about Legionnaire speed yet.

Those three archetypes will likely be your best bet since anyone can sit on a vantage point but when the enemy comes around what you really need is a safe escape.

We can bet there will be a large number of disciplines and a few one of them will likely fit the scout role. How though?

There really isn't enough fodder for anything but speculation at this point.

#2 hopefully

...We can bet there will be a large number of disciplines and a few one of them will likely fit the scout role. How though?

Disciplines will help you customize your character beyond class and profession, with the ability to swap them out in order to tailor your character for whatever role you'll be providing in the CW.  If you'll be crafting, they'll have crafting enhancing disciplines.  If you'll be scouting, I'm sure they'll have disciplines like improved stealth, increased speed, stealth detection... etc.  They will also have a multitude of increased damage, CC, and defense disciplines.  So, if you "rig" your character for scouting and take increased speed while stealth, improved stealth, and stealth detection.... you won't have the increased damage or defensive or CC disciplines that others you may be engaging will have.  

Another option that Ace may take, is with one of the current stealthy archetypes, they have one of the professions be scout.  Something we're not aware of yet.

I could not disagree with that statement more.

Could you be more specific? There were a lot of statements made prior to your post. I'm having trouble locating the one with which you disagree.

Disciplines will help you customize your character beyond class and profession, with the ability to swap them out in order to tailor your character for whatever role you'll be providing in the CW.  If you'll be crafting, they'll have crafting enhancing disciplines.  If you'll be scouting, I'm sure they'll have disciplines like improved stealth, increased speed, stealth detection... etc.  They will also have a multitude of increased damage, CC, and defense disciplines.  So, if you "rig" your character for scouting and take increased speed while stealth, improved stealth, and stealth detection.... you won't have the increased damage or defensive or CC disciplines that others you may be engaging will have.  

Another option that Ace may take, is with one of the current stealthy archetypes, they have one of the professions be scout.  Something we're not aware of yet.

This. You can express caution and focus on detection to some degree with almost any other class/role. For example, just because I'm a mage doesn't mean I can't be stealthy or attentive. That doesn't mean that one Archetype + disciplines won't be something like 100% stealthy scout, while another is 50% combatant, 50% scout, etc. But, if not for this very principle of intuitive/emergent customization, there'd be no reason at all to have the Discipline system. You'd just slap a couple of focus branches on each Archetype and call it a day.

Edited by Lephys

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Scouts are cool, as long as there is a counter.  I hate kiting scouts.  I was always on the wrong toon when I encountered them.  

I like to play warriors but they are slow, and have few means to slow or stop a kiter.  

Yes, I believe that CF should have scouts, but we also need a counter so that scouts dont become op like they did many times in SB.

Edited by surbear

I'd take a smuggler over a scout...maybe both? I can see how one helps the other, a hybrid scout/smuggler. I like it.

... and I'd take a Bounty Hunter, Zookeeper, Builder, Cartographer, Blacksmith, or a Seductress Archetype over a Scout Archetype.  

Silly to want any of those as full blown Archetypes rather than based on disciplines selected for the gameplay role.