Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Achivements Into Titles

Deadman

We are Eternal Warriors. We fight endlessly in countless wars getting multitudes of honors bestowed upon us.

I keep thinking of that scene where knights are introduced at tournaments with large lists of titles and accomplishments. I also keep thinking about how I really don't enjoy achievement systems in most games - they seem superfluos and a cheap way to add an extra bit of content for a player to keep themselves busy.

However considering we really are endless warriors, I think it would be cool if they had an achievement system where every time you completed one, you gained a title to an info card that anyone could see if they took a hard look at you. This could be accompanied by a cheapo thrall that would spout of your titles and honors in your EK.

I'd rather have a title reward for every achievement than to have it hidden away in some book.

(In other games where titles were the rewards for achievements, I always went for those achievements but was sad when I could only show off one. I want people to have access to all of them.)

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

I would like to see Ranks like

Grunt: Kill 100 enemies

Sargent: Kill 10.000 enemies

Master Elite Commander Uberl33tz0r Deathseeker own your pants: Kill 100.000.000.000

I don't like achievements but love Ranks.

2whf87a.jpg

I like being able to "rank people", seeing that guild tag or that achievment tag just means that person is good/bad/spent alot of time on something it is a good thing. Walking around in a game with an awesome title you earned just feels great, being apart of a guild that is popular and well known also feels great. This is a feature I´d love to see.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

absolutely useless... play the game and don't chase the carrot

Because everyone's gaming motivation loop is the same as yours, and if it isn't, it should be.

This proposal would make the game more fun for some people and would not make the game less fun for anyone else. It's valid to question whether the fun it adds is enough to justify the needed resource commitment, but it's not valid to dismiss other peoples' idea of fun as wrong.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

We are Eternal Warriors. We fight endlessly in countless wars getting multitudes of honors bestowed upon us.

I keep thinking of that scene where knights are introduced at tournaments with large lists of titles and accomplishments. I also keep thinking about how I really don't enjoy achievement systems in most games - they seem superfluos and a cheap way to add an extra bit of content for a player to keep themselves busy.

However considering we really are endless warriors, I think it would be cool if they had an achievement system where every time you completed one, you gained a title to an info card that anyone could see if they took a hard look at you. This could be accompanied by a cheapo thrall that would spout of your titles and honors in your EK.

I'd rather have a title reward for every achievement than to have it hidden away in some book.

(In other games where titles were the rewards for achievements, I always went for those achievements but was sad when I could only show off one. I want people to have access to all of them.)

I believe the normal bi-peds don't care about our titles or accomplishments. We don't die, we'll have so many accomplishments, it'd take days to shout out.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I would like to see Ranks like

Grunt: Kill 100 enemies

Sargent: Kill 10.000 enemies

Master Elite Commander Uberl33tz0r Deathseeker own your pants: Kill 100.000.000.000

I don't like achievements but love Ranks.

+1. Titles are great.

IHaKjRO.png

"Crowfall's evolution has been interesting: when we started, the game leaned much more heavily on survival mechanics. over time we added more and more strategy and pulled the survival mechanics. by launch, we'll be the most strategic virtual universe (IMO surpassing Eve Online)" - J. Todd Coleman, January 5th 2020

Because everyone's gaming motivation loop is the same as yours, and if it isn't, it should be.

This proposal would make the game more fun for some people and would not make the game less fun for anyone else. It's valid to question whether the fun it adds is enough to justify the needed resource commitment, but it's not valid to dismiss other peoples' idea of fun as wrong.

here let me throw this into your face:

"This game is not for everyone"

If people want to grind their dailies or eat 10000 pies to get the "Fat" title, then there are plenty of games out there that offer exactly that: MEANINGLESS BADGES

If that's someone's idea of fun, then by all means, go and play these pos games.

I am all for giving guilds and nations the ability to create their own titles.

Then they can decide who gets them.

You know, kind of how titles work in RL.

A game mechanic that just does it.

I don't really like it.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

One thing that has the be kept in mind while creating titles and achievements is that those will heavily impact in what direction the game is heading for a lot of players.

So having only titles for killing x amount of people will prevent those players from playing as a supply runner, scout, craftsman, merchant,... (the things where you would get less kills per playtime than in the big fights) and encourage to don't touch the other game mechanics too.

IF titles and achievements THEN there should be some for every part of the game, so everyone is having the feeling of progression and is not left lonely behind (don't take this as "make it easy that everyone can get those", more like: "play the game the way you want to and if you are good at this thing you get rewarded for it").

Edited by Dwayna

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I'd like it if you could end up with a title like "Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons"

Although, considering that player characters are essentially immortal, you would have to limit the length of titles to just the most significant achievement in a limited set of categories. You would firstly have a title denoting the size of your lands, eg Duke, Archduke, Count, King, Emperor, etc. Then maybe you'd have a title indicating your most impressive campaign victory, or greatest feat of crafting, or most potent possessed artifact or weapon.

So you could end up with a title like "Lord Karus, Hero of God's Reach, Wielder of The Bane of Chaos and Protector of Mortal Realms"

That would be sweet.

Ace can give backers a title and provide various titles at different holiday events.  Otherwise, there's no need for Achievements and titles.

It's a PvP sandbox, there's no need to have titles associated with kills, deaths, etc... I don't want my guild members focused on oddball achievements and then fail at assigned objectives. 

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Title are great for achievements.  I hate when titles are given just for being there but then no title is given for something that could be considered an achievement.  
A title for killing 1k monsters or maybe killing 1k monsters/players a certain/creative way would be nice, for example.

Edited by Iraedei

Just imagine a smiley after everything I say.  Works out best for us all.

Ace can give backers a title and provide various titles at different holiday events.  Otherwise, there's no need for Achievements and titles.

It's a PvP sandbox, there's no need to have titles associated with kills, deaths, etc... I don't want my guild members focused on oddball achievements and then fail at assigned objectives. 

I mean if you get titles from killing people, harvesting resources, crafting, etc then why not have them? Its not like this is a "kill ten rats" kinda game where you get a the "Rat Reaper" title for killing 1000.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

I mean if you get titles from killing people, harvesting resources, crafting, etc then why not have them? Its not like this is a "kill ten rats" kinda game where you get a the "Rat Reaper" title for killing 1000.

Because there are MANY other features that supersede personal epeen.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...