Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lephys

Cooperative Mobility

I would imagine that things like the height of terrain, jump height, etc. will prevent access to certain places. What if you could give another player a boost to climb to an otherwise-unreachable ledge/plateau? And/or pull someone up from a pit?

It's just a minor brainstorm, really, for a minor feature. There might be further applications of this notion.

The only other thing I can think of, at the moment, is Centaur-riding. 8P. Are you a full-time gatherer, and you need to get out to a distant node AND have some protection? Here comes your centaur bodyguard/vehicle! Hehe...

It's funny, but I also kind of seriously want to see it now.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

imagine a light weighted bowman riding the centaur.

i can already see the mongolian hordes coming^^

Good luck on aiming while your player driven mount is bunny hopping over the war field letting your shots hit nothing but the dirt and clouds ^^

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

Just a note, a Centaur being reduced to a mount would make him go on a murderous rampage. They are proud warriors, not livestock. To bear another creature is to submit your honor to them.

Easily the best part of the Counter Strike series... until Global Offensive anyway... RIP CS.

You can still boost in CS:GO . . .

Edited by Siegnir

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

Good luck on aiming while your player driven mount is bunny hopping over the war field letting your shots hit nothing but the dirt and clouds ^^

Good luck on constant bunny-hopping being a thing in Crowfall. :)

When Vanguard first launched, among it's many issues was that it was easy to get yourself stuck by the terrain, but instead of giving players an /unstuck command that would reset their position, they gave them a rope.  You could throw the rope to another player and they would move along the rope to your position.  This was never intended to be a permanent gameplay mechanic so there was no climbing animation to go along with /rope but it created some interesting emergent gameplay.  I remember using it in an Eastern themed outdoor dungeon where you had to fight these ninja like mobs on steep pagoda style rooftops. You had to progress from rooftop to rooftop and it was easy to fall, so the /rope was an excellent tool for helping out other players or getting helped out.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

Just to be clear, I'm not so much talking "exploit"-y "I'm sort of standing on your hitbox, because of the way this game engine works, so you'r inadvertently allowing me to jump higher."

I'm thinking more deliberate acts, like... Maybe you can throw a rope down into an area and let people down into it/up out of it?

Think that Co-op Splinter Cell game, but... with not-quite-that-extensive co-op mobility mechanics. And there may not be enough feasible mechanics to warrant this idea being implemented in Crowfall. I'm just exploring it, is all.

Hmmm... maybe you can hoist archers up into trees for super fun-time ambushing? 8D. Especially if climbing is a thing that not everyone will have (the key word there being "if"... I sure hope climbing is a thing).

I would totally abuse our Champions and have them toss duelists and assassins over the enemy frontline or fortification walls.  Totally an excellent use of 2 champions as player-pults.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...