Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xris

Flying

Du bringer skam til våre folk...

I am sure we would all like to fly, for now it looks like a Fae Assassin is your best bet. They have wings at least.

LOL - do you know what "Du bringer skam til våre folk" mean ?

We've seen in the gameplay video, that knights and dwarves can fly.

I really doubt it:

" "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. Its knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. ... Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that presents the difficulties.""

Im sorry to say but, i vote No on flying.

For reasons such as immersion and reducing the experience of "world" and "scale". Of course my reasons go far beyond just these stated here, but these are my core reasons.

Unfortunately, killing is one of those things that gets easier the more you do it.

Im sorry to say but, i vote No on flying.

For reasons such as immersion and reducing the experience of "world" and "scale". Of course my reasons go far beyond just these stated here, but these are my core reasons.

Flying has absolutely nothing to do with reducing immersion due to world or scale. Shadowbane had flying and didn't do either of these things, it completely depends on the implementation and you've written off flying completely based on one type... which is the garbage flying mount seen in themeparks.

The gliders were one of the best parts of Archeage. It's just another game mechanic, but it can be a really fun one if done well.

I loved the gliders in Archeage. But at the same time they shaped a large majority of tactics and completely changed the battlefield. It was hard enough being a melee class when rogue-likes would sneak around you, archers would shoot past you, and mages would fire over you to hit your team. Now add in that everyone can just jump over you?

Also add that now everyone has an escape mechanic but some classes get an advantage (archers who can shoot down escapers or continue kiting melee) and those gliders really changed the face of combat. I honestly feel like you have to design a game around a mechanic like that, rather than design a game and then add that mechanic.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

Gliders impacted AA too much. Flying Mounts just eliminates a huge portion of what PVP needs to be.

At this point, I havent seen anything from ACE even remotely suggesting flying, so for that, I am thankful.

Gliders didnt impact AA too much, they were just another element of pvp you had to be aware of, it was different.

Cant say i'd like something similar in crowfall as it wouldnt fit but certain archetypes with some air mobility wouldnt be a bad thing, imo.

It adds depth to the gameplay if you know its not just from your left or right that your group can be attacked from.

I don't really see why it would be a problem within EKs. I wouldn't want it to exist in campaigns though, except perhaps in a very limited capacity - like Fae

Edited by 11nephilim