Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Subforum For Suggestion Box:ruleset Suggestions

I think it would be nice to see a new subforum for the Suggestion Box.

Campaign Ruleset Suggestions

This would obviously be an area for people to voice ideas and opinions pertaining to possible campaign rulesets.

Perhaps someone at ACE could also sticky a post with criteria desired for new posts/ideas

(For Example)

-PVP/Faction type | 1v1 factional, guild v guild, free for all, ect.

-Loot Rules | player looting

-Decay Rules | Equipment/building decay

-Victory Conditions | How to win campaign

-Import/Export Rules | What you can take in/out of campaign

-Campaign Length | How long a campaign will last (if no victory)

-Other Rules | No magic, 50% faster building, Limited amount of lives.

Would love to see a centralized area where people discuss possible rulesets and i believe it will help the devs see what players want.

I'm not sure if players should make suggestions for the gameplay rules of a game that they have not played yet. I mean sure perhaps once the game starts people will notice that some rulesets aren't working out as well and ACE would probably take notes on that as well and make tweaks accordingly but when player starts making suggestions about rules, they start using ideas they have seen in other games and for Crowfall, I'm sure the developers already have ideas in mind of the way they want the game to layout. Just like Jtoddcoleman said in one of the podcasts I watched, they really are creating something totally different and right now I think we should let them show us their vision first before we make suggestions on rules of gameplay.

I am not opposed to players making suggestions because that is what make forums a better place but I'm suggesting that their should not be a specific sub forum for gameplay rulesets only but I'm sure people can still post suggestions on rulesets and perhaps some will inspire ACE.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

The suggestion forum does seem like a catch all and perhaps could use more structure but there are other sub forums I would consider before adding one for rulesets.  Sometimes by reading the DevTrack I get the impression that they read the General Forum a lot more, and I wonder if it's because the Suggestion Forum has too many simultaneous discussions spread across too many threads.  They've responded to way more threads in General than anything posted in the Suggestion Forum; especially when the thread title is a direct assertion or question about Todd, GW, or ACE.  Perhaps it's still too early in development to be mining the forums for suggestions (though some suggestions would have to be implemented at the onset), but I would hope someone on the dev team is at least reading them.

Edited by Gilgamer

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

The suggestion forum does seem like a catch all and perhaps could use more structure but there are other sub forums I would consider before adding one for rulesets.  Sometimes by reading the DevTrack I get the impression that they read the General Forum a lot more, and I wonder if it's because the Suggestion Forum has too many simultaneous discussions spread across too many threads.  They've responded to way more threads in General than anything posted in the Suggestion Forum; especially when the thread title is a direct assertion or question about Todd, GW, or ACE.  Perhaps it's still too early in development to be mining the forums for suggestions (though some suggestions would have to be implemented at the onset), but I would hope someone on the dev team is at least reading them.

I often see a red name in the suggestion threads. I'm pretty sure that, collectively, ACE have read a large majority of the suggestion section OPs.

A developer answered to a similar question in a community Q&A:P

Concerning the sub sections of Suggestion, I would also like to see it more organized, by theme, so it would be easier to find suggestions that are interesting for us : Campaigns & Rulesets, Eternal Kingdoms, Archetypes, Abilities, UI/UX, etc.

I often see a red name in the suggestion threads. I'm pretty sure that, collectively, ACE have read a large majority of the suggestion section OPs.

A developer answered to a similar question in a community Q&A:P

Concerning the sub sections of Suggestion, I would also like to see it more organized, by theme, so it would be easier to find suggestions that are interesting for us : Campaigns & Rulesets, Eternal Kingdoms, Archetypes, Abilities, UI/UX, etc.

Thanks for the link, and I hope that's the case; that they are reading and weighing some of the better suggestions around the office.  However, I was under the impression that the DevTrack would show me threads that the devs have commented on, and it seems they are being very quiet on most suggestions, but quite vocal in other forums, but this could be because they want to arrive at their own conclusions before conjecturing about other's ideas.

I agree with the idea of sub forums, though some things may not fit nicely into a specific category.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

I'm not sure if players should make suggestions for the gameplay rules of a game that they have not played yet. I mean sure perhaps once the game starts people will notice that some rulesets aren't working out as well and ACE would probably take notes on that as well and make tweaks accordingly but when player starts making suggestions about rules, they start using ideas they have seen in other games and for Crowfall, I'm sure the developers already have ideas in mind of the way they want the game to layout. Just like Jtoddcoleman said in one of the podcasts I watched, they really are creating something totally different and right now I think we should let them show us their vision first before we make suggestions on rules of gameplay.

I am not opposed to players making suggestions because that is what make forums a better place but I'm suggesting that their should not be a specific sub forum for gameplay rulesets only but I'm sure people can still post suggestions on rulesets and perhaps some will inspire ACE.

Though all suggestions for campaign rulesets would be purely theoretical, I think it could be a good asset for ACE to see what campaign types are popular among the player base.

Yah I would love to see the suggestion box forum be more like the Archetypes forums with specific subjects. Perhaps it would even help cut down the amount of "reposted ideas"