Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Pledge Package Upgrades Now Available

We’ve just launched our upgrade capability for backers on crowfall.com.  Let’s go through how it works!

First, you have to have a crowfall.com account, and you have to have your Kickstarter package merged with that account (or have purchased a package directly at crowfall.com which is on your account).

Now, if you are on the crowfall.com site and logged into your account you’ll see a “Upgrade Pledge” button at the top of most pages.  Click on that and you’ll end up at the packages page and it will show you your upgrade options.

For Kickstarter folks (including those who purchased during the Kickstarter period at crowfall.com), you can upgrade from your current Kickstarter package to a higher Kickstarter package for the difference in price.

For folks that pledged after 7am CST on March 26th on our website, you can both upgrade from your current package to larger packages for the price differential, and can also purchase multiple packages if you want.  We’ll be adding a gifting mechanism so if you want to buy a package for a friend and transfer it to them in the future you can do so.

Thank you for supporting Crowfall!

Gordon Walton

Executive Producer 

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I'm sure the answer is yes, but it bears asking -- we keep our Kickstarter exclusives if we upgrade, right?
If we increase our pledge, do we receive the KS exclusives for that tier?

Edited by Anhasia

Yes. 

For clarity - yes to both? KS backers keep their exclusives and can upgrade into other tiers and receive the KS exclusives that were included in those higher tiers?

EDIT: Oh dear, Pann's post disappeared. Now I look like a dirty double-poster. :<

Edited by Anhasia

We’ve just launched our upgrade capability for backers on crowfall.com.  Let’s go through how it works!

First, you have to have a crowfall.com account, and you have to have your Kickstarter package merged with that account (or have purchased a package directly at crowfall.com which is on your account).

Now, if you are on the crowfall.com site and logged into your account you’ll see a “Upgrade Pledge” button at the top of most pages.  Click on that and you’ll end up at the packages page and it will show you your upgrade options.

For Kickstarter folks (including those who purchased during the Kickstarter period at crowfall.com), you can upgrade from your current Kickstarter package to a higher package for the difference in price.

For folks that pledged after 7am on March 26th on our website, you can both upgrade from your current package to larger packages for the price differential, and can also purchase multiple packages if you want.  We’ll be adding a gifting mechanism so if you want to buy a package for a friend and transfer it to them in the future you can do so.

Thank you for supporting Crowfall!

Gordon Walton

Executive Producer 

I do not see the "Upgrade Pledge" button on any of the pages.  My KS backer reward has been applied to my account already.

I cleared cached, relogged, refreshed, tried another browser.  No joy.

[@--(o.O)@]

Note: This web update is just wrapping up, and it may take a bit, sometimes up to 30 minutes, for your browser to say, "Hey! New stuff!" Clearing your cache might help. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

I'm sure the answer is yes, but it bears asking -- we keep our Kickstarter exclusives if we upgrade, right?

Yeah, this has been answered, but you keep prior exclusives, but do not receive the old KS exclusives for higher tiers if you upgrade.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Note: This web update is just wrapping up, and it may take a bit, sometimes up to 30 minutes, for your browser to say, "Hey! New stuff!" Clearing your cache might help. 

I do not see the "Upgrade Pledge" button on any of the pages.  My KS backer reward has been applied to my account already.

I cleared cached, relogged, refreshed, tried another browser.  No joy.

Lol.  Nevermind.  Thanks Pann!

[@--(o.O)@]

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5224-kickstarter-backer-packages-and-post-kickstarter-backer-packages/

Yes, you keep exclusives from the KS.

No, you don't get any of the KS exclusives from the tier you upgraded to.

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Will certain parts of packages be available for upgrade? For instance raising your Beta/Alpha Access without the other shiny things?

They've said eventually. As for buy in alpha, I'm sure they'll sell it when they figure out how many pre-alpha+alpha testers there currently are and if there is room. Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

They've said eventually. As for buy in alpha, I'm sure they'll sell it when they figure out how many pre-alpha+alpha testers there currently are.

Thanks for editing your response and adding context to your initial quotes, it saves me pointing out it didn't answer the alpha/beta question at all. cheers :)

Thanks for editing your response and adding context to your initial quotes, it saves me pointing out it didn't answer the alpha/beta question at all. cheers :)

Haha!

Do what I want. :)

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Unfortunately, since upgrading is calculated by difference, it makes early bird pledges/packages moot instead of it just being flat rate.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Unfortunately, since upgrading is calculated by difference, it makes early bird pledges/packages moot instead of it just being flat rate.

I see this as a major detriment.  It increases the barrier to entry for upgrading pledges.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

I see this as a major detriment.  It increases the barrier to entry for upgrading pledges.

It is $310 for me to upgrade one of my Amber's to Sapphire, instead of $260.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It is $310 for me to upgrade one of my Amber's to Sapphire, instead of $260.

Yep  same here.   Also loose on of the tax free parcels I would have gotten if I had managed to upgrade to sapphire before.   Upside it is only 1 parcel at sapphire, though thats 5 bonus parcels lost from stretch goal at ruby.    Not totally sure I'm going to upgrade actually... It's got some nice perks but unless I get a for sure my guild is coming in then reserving a guild name is enough.   If my guild decides they want to come in I'd upgrade to ruby for the custom guild heraldry.

On the flip side they did say there will be a lot of smaller things we can add on to our pledge packages later.... So If I don't get the money to upgrade to ruby  (god I'm tempted just got the launch party invite)   I'll still buy some other things to bump up.

I do actually have on other question.  Please add a payment NOT paypal as an option.....   I've been banned from paypal for some reason (there is no appeals process and I was "permanently limited" due to my account having some link with some other account that violated their terms)    So basically for a new paypal account I'd have to move and get a new bank account.  Any chance for something like google wallet also being added (I'm in the US, so the fact google hasn't expanded it much internationally yet isn't as issue).  Otherwise I won't be upgrading my account simply because I can't give you guys the money.   (I do know I'm in the minority on this issue though)

Edited by valheruwolf