Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrant

Pledge Package Upgrades Now Available

So torn, trying to decide if I should upgrade from Sapphire to Ruby with my tax return money.

Missing out on some of those Kickstarter advantages with the upgrade...but still a pretty solid bundle.

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity"

EgoBanner2.gif

www.YouTube.com/Egoxeno

I might be failing to see something, but is the upgrade option only for people that have participated in the kickstarter or also for those that decided to pledge afterwards on the website?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I might be failing to see something, but is the upgrade option only for people that have participated in the kickstarter or also for those that decided to pledge afterwards on the website?

[...]

(or have purchased a package directly at crowfall.com which is on your account).

Now, if you are on the crowfall.com site and logged into your account you’ll see a “Upgrade Pledge” button at the top of most pages.  Click on that and you’ll end up at the packages page and it will show you your upgrade options.

[...]

For folks that pledged after 7am on March 26th on our website, you can both upgrade from your current package to larger packages for the price differential

[...]

Thank you for supporting Crowfall!

Gordon Walton

Executive Producer 

Edit:

If you are included into  what Gordon said and you DON'T see an upgrade available, message Crowfall support.

For me the site was bugged and first my account was not merged with what I bought on the website and second I could not upgrade.

Support helped me, now my account is fine.

Edited by Dwayna

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

[...]

(or have purchased a package directly at crowfall.com which is on your account).

Now, if you are on the crowfall.com site and logged into your account you’ll see a “Upgrade Pledge” button at the top of most pages.  Click on that and you’ll end up at the packages page and it will show you your upgrade options.

[...]

For folks that pledged after 7am on March 26th on our website, you can both upgrade from your current package to larger packages for the price differential

[...]

Thank you for supporting Crowfall!

Gordon Walton

Executive Producer 

Edit:

If you are included into  what Gordon said and you DON'T see an upgrade available, message Crowfall support.

For me the site was bugged and first my account was not merged with what I bought on the website and second I could not upgrade.

Support helped me, now my account is fine.

Ah I see.

My apologies.

I misread the second part.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

That $25 helps offset the shipping for the collectors edition.  Which is why Gold is not higher, it doesn't include the collectors edition box. Not including enough shipping was a mistake we made on the Kickstarter.

Look on the bright side!  I'm sure many backers that got the collectors edition will trade it in for some other digital good once the websites is updates to allow such things.  I'm sure you folks will save a bundle in shipping costs.

The Amber deal is to crazy good to pass up!  

I am curious if the tax free parcels can be taken to other guild mates kingdoms?

Edited by Redamo

I am curious if the tax free parcels can be taken to other guild mates kingdoms?

I think they can. In the Eternal Kingdom FAQ we can read :

26. If I invest in parcels or buildings and drop them on a World, are they locked there? What if I change my mind and want to leave?

If you decide to leave a world – or, if you are ejected from a World by the players above you in the fealty chain -- all of your structures (and any relics or thralls placed in them) will be moved into your account bank. Parcels and Buildings can be moved easily from your account bank into a new Kingdom, once you find one.

I agree with C101 -- I expect "parcels" will be portable.

However, you might also be wondering whether "cells" will be portable.  

I know I am!  

And I don't think they will.  

Once you unlock a cell, I'm guessing it's location will be set in stone - literally!   :P

But I am hoping that Crowfall will allow me and my guildmate to place our cells next to each other, when we unlock them.

However, last I heard, the ultimate decision on that possibility has not yet been made yet.

FWIW, this is discussed in greater detail in an older thread:

And here are some more relevant quotes from the EK FAQ (emphasis added):

"4. How are Kingdoms laid out, and how big are they? Is it like a housing instance?

[-] The map of every Kingdom is divided into a square grid. Each square in the grid is called a “cell.”
[-] Kingdoms begin as a 3 cells by 3 cells square. We’re still building this system, so the cell sizing will probably change a bit… but in the current prototype, this equates to roughly half a mile square of virtual territory.
[-] The Kingdom can grow to be many, many times larger than this starting size."

"Note: our Kickstarter backers who receive tax-free parcels with a pledge will automatically receive enough unlocked cells to place those parcels."

"To develop one or more cells, you have to unlock it, after which you can use materials to buy “parcel deeds”."

Edited by mbliberty

"and a couple of the Kickstarter packages were just crazy good"

oj57UME.gif

Note: Eye candy presented with thanks to the Crow(s) who granted permission for me to include their badge(s) in this tasty exhibit.

Yes they can.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

upgraded to Sapphire - thanks for the opportunity to do so. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

My favorite thing to come out of AoC? The return of the cloth map. I think they helped spark off the return of all the love for cloth maps.

I might upgrade to saph, its something I'm seriously considering, and with the deadline being potentially june, it may happen.

#moneymoneymoney #wokkawokka #okseriouslyhashtagsreallyguy #hashtagsforparodyofhowstupidtwitteris #hashtagsbecausetheideaisgreatbuttheformathostingtheideaisterrible #hasshhhhhhhtaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggg

Edited by Zomnivore

That $25 helps offset the shipping for the collectors edition.  Which is why Gold is not higher, it doesn't include the collectors edition box. Not including enough shipping was a mistake we made on the Kickstarter.

I'm confused, thought only Kickstarter had the physical collector editions and current offers are only downloadable copies.

So where is the extra shipping needed for the current pledge levels?

I'm confused, thought only Kickstarter had the physical collector editions and current offers are only downloadable copies.

So where is the extra shipping needed for the current pledge levels?

The Kickstarter Bundles currently available in store for those who pledged during the KS campaign cost an extra $25 if they include the Collector Edition to cover the shipping.

The new versions, as you have written, offer only the downloadable copies. I don't know why they decided to increase slightly the cost of the 2015 bundles but they told us several times that KS had by far the best deals we would ever see, so it's fair enough I guess.

Oh my god this Store -.-'

I the only one that I wrote:

"Error... sorry, your purchase could not be completed. You will not be charged for this transaction. Please try again later or contact us for assistance at http://payplussupport.livegamer.com"

Well at least it give you a signal there's an error..

once i click "Upgrade" this is what happens

cCB8pHR.jpg

Tired to do this in multi browsers and cleaned up all cookies etc :D

I just want to upgrade hehe.

SkDJEH9.png Discord: message me if you want to stay in touch. Retired CrowFall member.

Ok there has been a ton of different information released.  I have a few questions about upgrade now.

1.  If I upgrade from a $30 kickstarter package to amber will I get all of the stretch goal kickstarter rewards (extra parcels from update 21, three unique mounts, etc) that would have come as if I bought an amber KS package to begin with?

2.  Does this upgrade ($30 KS to KS amber) still include 6 years of vip?

Thanks for info...

Edited by nakawe

Ok there has been a ton of different information released.  I have a few questions about upgrade now.

1.  If I upgrade from a $30 kickstarter package to amber will I get all of the stretch goal kickstarter rewards (extra parcels from update 21, three unique mounts, etc) that would have come as if I bought an amber KS package to begin with?

2.  Does this upgrade ($30 KS to KS amber) still include 6 years of vip?

Thanks for info...

From the As the Crow Flies newsletter : "If you are already a Kickstarter backer, did you know that -- for a limited time only -- we are going to allow our backers to upgrade to higher pledge tiers?  You get full credit for your current pledge level, you only have to pay the difference, to UPGRADE your bundle!

Wait!  Does that mean I can still get the exclusive Kickstarter rewards (and stretch goal rewards) for that higher tier?  YES!  But these are only available as an upgrade for our Kickstarter backers.  

Note that this offer only applies to Earliest Bird Contributor ($30) and above pledge packages, and you have to merge your Kickstarter pledge with a crowfall.com account".

If you pledged during the Kickstarter for $30 or more, you can upgrade and get the original Kickstarter packages with all the stretch goals, and Amber will include 6 years of VIP like the original KS package included.

Edited by courant101

I agree with C101 -- I expect "parcels" will be portable.

However, you might also be wondering whether "cells" will be portable. 

KS-Backer tax-free parcels include unlocked cells. (FAQ #7)

You can put your tax-free parcels onto cells in the EK of another Monarch. (ThomasB)/(FAQ #12)

But the EK's Monarch has to unlock the cells first. (ThomasB)

"It will likely take a combination of time and raw materials (stone, iron and wood) to add cells..." (FAQ #6)

As far as i know, it hadn't been stated, if Backer-2015 parcels will also include unlocked cells. But i guess they likely will. ;-)

By the way: Please always remember that we are in pre-alpha. Below the line everything is subject to possible changes. It is our job, to test the presented systems (once we can), give constructive feedback and share suggestions, how things could work/feel better. Typically there will be many, many changes during the developement process. So don't count on getting exactely what you now think to get. It will be "something like this". And most likely something at least slightly different, but better.