Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Star Wars Teaser!

Lavitzz

Jar Jar Abrams directs a helluva lot better than George "Static fixed position and green screens everywhere" Lucas.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I just hope they at least follow the extended universe a little bit and the girl in the trailer is jaina...

I seriously can't be bothered if that's Luke's daughter and I'd be kina disappointed :(

Oh cool J.J. Abrams ruining another sci-fi franchise.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Girl in trailer is called Rey. And she's pretty cute.

geezus, here we go :(

well.. let's hope they don't just piss all over everything in the expanded universe...

I most definitely am not a Fox News guy.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I find it odd that you can hike the Applachians when you sound like you belong in a rascal. Going to write you a prescription for youth: stool softener and less Fox News.

Not sure how that is relevant considering he has a point, Abrams angered a rather large percentage of Star Trek fans old enough to have watched at least the original movies in theaters.  With that said, the old movies were all made by random directors who for the most part ranged from good to terrible and were mostly themselves actual people involved from the cast and crew behind the original series, next generation and DS9.  Abrams is neither a fan, nor an original studio member, he is an outsider, an outsider with his own ideas, his own vision and simply wants to force jam it down everyone's throats, the fans be damned.  

A few of the biggest gripes people had with him was:

1. A whole heap of random aliens for the sakes of random aliens, rather than spieces we have come to know and love in the star trek universe, we just get "random aliens" for the wholesale sake of it, which actually violates the cannon of the universe because those spieces for one don't exist and secondly for that time period, the number of aliens making up the federation are surprisingly small, well established by previous Star Trek IP and well known.  He simply "wanted aliens" and didn't care for what or who they looked like.  They blinged up the Klingons and turned them into something their not...  (not to mention during that time period they were still suffering the after effects of the augment virus.  They simply gave them ridges so that dimwits who don't know about the cannon won't get all upset they didn't have ridges, simple fact is, klingons didn't have ridges during that time period as a result of the virus and the effect lasted for a good few generations after the fact, it was however around this time their ridges did start to slowly return though.
  2. The Spock / Uhura relationship = completely violates the cannon lore for both character's personalities.
  3. They turned Spock into a whiny bugger.  His personality was established by the time he was a young adult, so alternate timeline is no excuse for such terrible writing.
  4. Whoever wrote the script for both movies is a moronic fanboy on a merry sue level of facepalm or lacks any creativity.
  5. He is to film IP as Matt Ward was to Warhammer or, someone with their own ideas, given the responsibility of having a say in the creative and visual direction of an IP but instead shoehorns in his own "vision" of art.  If Abrams wants to explore his own stupid ideas of what he considers "art" then he should go make his own films, rather than vomiting all over established IPs for his own amusement.

With that said, I believe he is a good choice for the Star Wars films because:

1. Unlike Star Trek, he is a fan of Star Wars.  So he cares about not upsetting the fanbase he is apart of, rather than one he isn't.
  2. Star Wars is so diverse and unstructured compared to Star Trek with a rather broad and open IP which has far fewer and far more well known and very obvious dos and don'ts when it comes to what you can do and what you can't and what is required and what can't be done to stay true to the cannon.  Star Trek's cannon is all over the place and a patchwork stitched together by finding some sense in the mess that is all the episodes, what a lot of hard core trekkies don't seem to get is that the tails in each episode is what the creators cared about, not the information displayed on panel no.2, or the personality of each character.  It's a big mess and takes weeks to go though and understand, when Star Wars is very obvious and only takes a couple of days to learn all the important stuff.
  3. The original creator is still alive - although many fans are upset at Lucas's choices in the prequels,  strip away all the bad acting, bad prop pieces and stupid transitions, his story for the prequels isn't half bad, if not seriously needed a lot of editing work before he went ahead with it... that much is obvious.  
  4. The original actors are still alive and will keep it down to earth (for the record they don't really care about Star Wars, just saying - but they are good actors and they do take their job seriously.)
  5. The original crew are heavily involved and keeping Abrams in check. (And they will make it a good movie.)
  6. It has good writers involved in the script.

Despite all this, it's very obvious Abrams is still getting away with his same old garbage, such as shiny everything and overabundance of artistic stupidity because of his terrible tastes when making decisions on the direction of the film.  But I suspect this time around he is being kept on a leash, while with the last two films he directed most people involved were in fact people who either didn't care for Star Trek, or their interest in it was only on a surface level - as in the same interest non-trekkie fans have.

All in all I suspect that Episode 7 will be good.  For the record Abrams will not be directing the next movie, so I guess that's a real indication of what the crew think of him if anything.  It's very obvious he isn't calling the shots in this one, especially since in a lot of the behind the scenes videos he is put second fiddle to every other major person involved in the project.

Edited by Synast

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------