Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Should I Just Buy Several Accounts Now?

Hello.  I'm Themopolis and I'm an altaholic.

Do you think we'll be able to buy additional character slots and train more than 3 characters at once with a VIP subscription?

Or should I proactively purchase 3 more accounts now so I can train all 12 archetypes?

As far as I know, allowing passive training for more than 3 characters haven't been confirmed but some KS messages from ACE let me think it's envisaged.

And now there are 13 archetypes with the Minotaur.  :P

As far as I know, allowing passive training for more than 3 characters haven't been confirmed but some KS messages from ACE let me think it's envisaged.

And now there are 13 archetypes with the Minotaur.  :P

Ha. 13 archetypes. That means minimum 4 accounts and one will ONLY HAVE ONE CHARACTER!!!

But seriously, don't forget the PERMANENT promotions for each. So 13x3 minimum.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

Ha. 13 archetypes. That means minimum 4 accounts and one will ONLY HAVE ONE CHARACTER!!!

But seriously, don't forget the PERMANENT promotions for each. So 13x3 minimum.

And the genders... So 5x3 + 8x3x2 !  :) 

Too be honest, having alt is a good idea because I used to have alt for games that allows trading and it makes grinding and my trading income to increase at a faster rate. If you are willing to put so much time into the game then I would say go for it.

Edited by Eediom

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

I'm curious to what extent Alts will be necessary in order to explore all aspects of the game. It's my understanding that one should be able to interact meaningfully with both crafting and PvP with every character, so I might only use Alts so that I can participate in multiple Campaigns at the same time. And have each character balanced for a particular play style with some level of crafting depending on how it fits with my plans for each.

4 Accounts * 15 Bucks / month = 60 Bucks / Month = 720$ a year not including the buy of the accounts and the addons which are probably coming at some point.

I think I stick with one account, 3 main characters  and some alts I just play if I get bored with the first 3 ^^

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

I made a quick ms paint drawing :P to illustrate the 189 possible combinations of Archetypes, Genders, Promotion Class and Disciplines Runes.

yAxbMs9.png?1

That's a lot of possibilities!

There will be even more possibilities than that.  You can pick 3 disciplines, but there will be a lot more than 3 to choose from.  That chart implies there are just three variants of each Archetype-Promotion combo.  Assuming 20 Disciplines, there would actually be thousands of variants, even after you've selected Archetype and Promotion Class.

IhhQKY6.gif

There will be even more possibilities than that.  You can pick 3 disciplines, but there will be a lot more than 3 to choose from.  That chart implies there are just three variants of each Archetype-Promotion combo.  Assuming 20 Disciplines, there would actually be thousands of variants, even after you've selected Archetype and Promotion Class.

Oh yea, there are more than 3 disciplines to choose from. Oops!  :P

Prune that a bit. You shouldnt assume that every discipline can be applied to every class, at least if the system is using SB-like mechanics.

Edited by Alyriel

PFq3vWQ.png

Prune that a bit. You shouldnt assume that every discipline can be applied to every class, at least if the system is using SB-like mechanics.

Hard to tell for now, but I think the biggest clue we got is in the Character Progression video : "Let's say you pick a giant, later on you can promote him into a Barbarian. Let's say you want your Barbarian to be a Vampyre, or Werewolf, you can do that. Or a Vampyre Werewolf Gladiator Archer. It sounds ridiculous, but we will let you do it." 

Having settled the fact that you won't train up every possible type of toon in CF, the Answer is Yes.

Also, Hurry up and upgrade your pledge contribution to amber before ACE changes their minds so you can upgrade now and get all the rewards we have from the kickstarter. You'll want those 6 years of VIP membership (and all the other awesome KS perks, too).

Greeble, I plan to use alts to explore different builds for the same archetype on that account. If my 1st guess doesn't pan out, I'll have 2 more ready to try in later campaigns. And if a really good build draws spec builds to defeat it, I can bring in a spec alt with same name and a slightly different build to counter the new specs or even a FOTM I see in the forums.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)