Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monkeh

I've Never Played An Mmo Before. What Chance Will I Have?

You definitely will have a chance, but you won't be in that first wave rush of high tier players, and rapid advancement in the game through kicking buttox and taking all the stuff.

Lots of people miss that boat, and its just really unlikely for you to ride that wave as an inexperienced mmoer.

Edited by Zomnivore

Hi there everyone. I'm an old school gamer but have never played an MMO before. I tried Guild Wars 2 for a few days but couldn't get into it. Crowfall looks and sounds different but I'm worried i'll be a useless noob forever doomed to get stomped on over and over as all you MMO veterans use your accumulated knowledge and skills from similar gaming experiences in the past.

So what chance do you think i'll have of having a good time in Crowfall? I can take a beating, (I play dota2 badly), so losing doesn't really bother me, but losing all the time will ultimately get frustrating. No guild will want me due to a total lack of experience and it seems to me I may struggle to enjoy myself over any length of time.

I'm sorry that your first experience was GW2 please do not base your opinion of MMO's off it.  This game is a combination of everything that is destroying mmo's in my opinion.  Its a total zerg fest that uses a zerg to combat not having combat mechanics.  Its 100 guys running at a boss mob hoping that their not the one that's getting randomly targeted this battle.

All guilds need numbers, so you could easily find a guild. Just bounce around until you find a guild that has members you have things in common with and you'll see why MMO are the best.

Hi there everyone. I'm an old school gamer but have never played an MMO before. I tried Guild Wars 2 for a few days but couldn't get into it. Crowfall looks and sounds different but I'm worried i'll be a useless noob forever doomed to get stomped on over and over as all you MMO veterans use your accumulated knowledge and skills from similar gaming experiences in the past.

So what chance do you think i'll have of having a good time in Crowfall? I can take a beating, (I play dota2 badly), so losing doesn't really bother me, but losing all the time will ultimately get frustrating. No guild will want me due to a total lack of experience and it seems to me I may struggle to enjoy myself over any length of time.

Use your head for more than a hat rack and get some friends.  The world is a lonely place ... especially if people are running around with knives in their hands looking for someone to snack on.

Use your head for more than a hat rack and get some friends. The world is a lonely place ... especially if people are running around with knives in their hands looking for someone to snack on.

Sounds like someone has been watching Game Of Thrones! My head is good at scaring children and absorbing alcohol. I can normally make friends in games due to my laid back nature and being drunk.

I'm really looking forward to teaming up and exploring this/these world's with others. Hopefully someone will take me and then keep me around when they realise I'm a useless old fart with no experience.

The internet's a forgiving and patient place...right?

Edited by Monkeh

Sounds like someone has been watching Game Of Thrones! My head is good at scaring children and absorbing alcohol. I can normally make friends in games due to my laid back nature and being drunk.

I'm really looking forward to teaming up and exploring this/these world's with others. Hopefully someone will take me and then keep me around when they realise I'm a useless old fart with no experience.

The internet's a forgiving and patient place...right?

Bwahahahaha!   Sure is.  Keep thinking that :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"