Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Glorified Shadow Bane II ?

markieone

If this is just a new shadow bane where we just run around killing each other i hope we are told early on . This statement was found on one of the posts here , " There will be no finding our way together. Were gonna burn all your stuff, take all your loot and that'll be that. " . I understand that is one persons opinion however if this is the direction the game takes my money will be best spent on a game you need to actually use your brain to play :) 

If this is just a new shadow bane where we just run around killing each other i hope we are told early on . This statement was found on one of the posts here , " There will be no finding our way together. Were gonna burn all your stuff, take all your loot and that'll be that. " . I understand that is one persons opinion however if this is the direction the game takes my money will be best spent on a game you need to actually use your brain to play :) 

You're going to let something like that scare you off?  C'mon!

Oh wow, just read the part about "you actually need brains to play"

what a dumb***

Self modified to not violate the CoC

Edited by khal

In a lot of MMO's, that's all pvp is, "going around and killing each other."  What if the killing had a purpose?  A REAL purpose that affects the world we play (live) in?  Would that affect your opinion of player vs player content?

Maybe you should shed some light on what you want out of the game as opposed to assuming that all pvp is a mindless activity.  Just saying, it'd probably be more useful than your original post.

Oh not at all , I will stay until the game is revealed and i am truely hoping the game rocks . however i wont be wasting my money on a carbon copy of all the other MMOs out there . W101 is ok but geared too much to a younger audience , I am hoping this will be an alternative to W101

in terms of what it is, what it isn't: from dev statements, CF sounds like open world pvp, with non-pvp aspects (like crafting) being used to support the pvp aspects, since the battles are what will protect lands, holdings, etc. (with guilds, looting and, apparently "betrayal", the best part).

the dev tracker has good info, read that, please no more anti SB threads, they're just a distraction from CF discussions.

dev tracker: http://www.crowscall.com/devtracker/

Edited by dead sparrow

So Kahl what part of "needing brains to play" offends you?

The part where you act like PvP doesn't take brains, but sitting around crafting kimonos n poorly made socks does. If your experience has honestly led you to believe that PvP doesn't take brains, then you've been playing the wrong games.

Your ignorance is offensive.

Oh not at all , I will stay until the game is revealed and i am truely hoping the game rocks . however i wont be wasting my money on a carbon copy of all the other MMOs out there . W101 is ok but geared too much to a younger audience , I am hoping this will be an alternative to W101

Maybe you need to reread the manifesto again... I mean when the phrases "Play2Crush", "Play against other players" and "not for everyone" it would be a big clue that the game is highly PvP centered.

Then you could take from one of the devs asking Shadowbane players to take it easy on the Wizard 101 players because they "Never played a game like this before" as a clue the game is PvP centered.

Or the fact they just came out plainly and said it was PvP centered:

@jtoddcoleman okay if we just straight up consider CF a pvp game? might help a few of us focus our forum discussions w/ that nailed down
@M_Kelter I'll say: it won't be the main activity for all players, but it will be a major focus of the game.

https://twitter.com/jtoddcoleman/status/553960463302553600

Alright let me clarify what my mindset was Khal, not that PVP doesnt take brains but having a reason , not just senseless battles . 

PS sorry about the spelling

Edited by markieone

Alright let me clarify what my mindset was Kahl , not that PVP doesnt take brains but having a reason , not just senseless battles .

Still can't spell my name.

Still playing the wrong games then.

Alright let me clarify what my mindset was Khal, not that PVP doesnt take brains but having a reason , not just senseless battles . 

PS sorry about the spelling

You quoted another poster:  'There will be no finding our way together. Were gonna burn all your stuff, take all your loot and that'll be that'

That's not incentive enough for you?