Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadman

I'm Sold

There is no real info on this and I'm already sold. I play tank and tank/dps hybrids. And I like playing classes that really interfere in combat with either knockdowns, bashes, charges, or whatever else. If this is anything like what a Myrmidon or a Minotaur sound like and combine into, this is my class until death do us part.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

There is no real info on this and I'm already sold. I play tank and tank/dps hybrids. And I like playing classes that really interfere in combat with either knockdowns, bashes, charges, or whatever else. If this is anything like what a Myrmidon or a Minotaur sound like and combine into, this is my class until death do us part.

Tank classes and especially those with potential berserk skills are awesome whether for individual combat or group raid. I'd say bullman is a go for everyone who doesn't have specialization in a particular area because it's much easier to command and you can put a spin on the gameplay easily with higher damage, and perhaps awesome skill sets too.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Is it just me, or does this tank also looks like it could possibly be a class that only uses a main hand weapon? If so that would be awesome, ive always wanted a class that focused on a combination of Sword play and fist attacks.

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Is it just me, or does this tank also looks like it could possibly be a class that only uses a main hand weapon? If so that would be awesome, ive always wanted a class that focused on a combination of Sword play and fist attacks.

Please never type this again.

Who the custard tries to punch somebody when they have a large piece of possibly sharp metal to swing at you fist. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Who the custard tries to punch somebody when they have a large piece of possibly sharp metal to swing at you fist. 

Should read info on medieval two handed fighting techniques. Big object is great at range, however one they are up on you they showed pommel hits, or choking up on even swords grabbing them by the blade (using armored gauntlet), or kicking, punching, or head butting someone you have locked a weapon with.

Should read info on medieval two handed fighting techniques. Big object is great at range, however one they are up on you they showed pommel hits, or choking up on even swords grabbing them by the blade (using armored gauntlet), or kicking, punching, or head butting someone you have locked a weapon with.

Was just about to reply with the same thing ha. Common fighting with swords was "dirty fighting" using punches. Not to mention that even in today's military they teach soldiers hand to hand combat and close quarters combat with riffles......

Edited by Varius

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Was just about to reply with the same thing ha. Common fighting with swords was "dirty fighting" using punches. Not to mention that even in today's military they teach soldiers hand to hand combat and close quarters combat with riffles......

The irony is stronk here. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I mean I would definitely be down with him ditching a shield to fight one handed and gain a suite of grab attacks. Picking someone up and throwing them would be awesome.

Deadman; FIGHTER OF THE LIFE MAN, ooooAAAAH AHHHHH! CHAMPION OF THE... Oh. That's not how it goes...

http://www.twitch.tv/alt_delete - Alt Delete Gaming: Lose Ctrl.

I was sold, but I am going to hold on to my receipt just in case I don't like how mitigation plays out ;)

I would rather avoid a hit than absorb it. Mitigation just usually feels static and less interesting.

I was sold, but I am going to hold on to my receipt just in case I don't like how mitigation plays out ;)

I would rather avoid a hit than absorb it. Mitigation just usually feels static and less interesting.

I agree. Thinking Dodge tank (Templar) for me. But we'll see.

In some games when you block the enemies hits you stun or knock them down. That would be a cool mechanic.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

From what iv seen so far and compared to the other archetypes, the Myrmidon looks like the most fun. Honestly who dosnt enjoy spotting a towering Myrmidon swinging a two handed weapon crashing down on his lesser enemies.

b205bbe3c75377896bd4fce2a5908a06.jpg

I can live out my dream of becoming one after relishing in the greatness of Age of Mythology Minotaurs 

Age-of-Mythology-Minotaur-greek-mytholog

So angry. Settle down chappy. Settle down. Not only does a lot of two hand weapon techniques feature fist strikes and grabs. On top of a majority of fantasy related two hand combat has the same. So following basic logical thought. Quite a good percentage of two handed combat had hand strikes, grabs, and the like. 

So I guess a great deal of custards do this.  Though I don't know why food uses battle axes. 

Edited by Tehrror

what irony?

He's trying to appear witty and clever by making a weak point in pointing out the irony of using CQB while having a ranged weapon (which as a service member, just demonstrates ignorance). Doesn't matter if it's close quarters or at range, combat is combat, and combat is unpredictable. $*** happens, and getting up close in combat (even with a ranged weapon) does happen; when it does, you would use anything at your disposal, from your fists to your teeth. In the Revolutionary War, French and Indian War, Civil War, and even in WWI, even though they had rifles and muskets, a lot of the combat was hand to hand, or even more common, bayonet charges (wasn't till after WWI that CQB training started to lighten due to advances in weapon accuracy and automatic fire). Even now, CQB and Krav is still a big part of training at AIT and combat arms branches, because those situations do happen. Do they happen as often today? Not at the same frequency as in the Civil War, never mind the Revolution, but it does happen, and you do not want to be caught unprepared when it does.

Edited by RKNM

Realistic combat styles is your argument for me saying I don't think they are turning a Minotaur into a melee bruiser who specializes in both weapons and brawling or a combination of the two.  I've yet to encounter a game that mirrors actual fighting styles accurately and I am doubting the magic wielding world that artcraft is building will step too far into the world of accurate fighting styles.  Here's a follow up question for you:  would your melee ranged, heavily armored knight punch the magic user to death at close quarters or would he stand at the effective ranged for his weapon and swing with all his might/skill?

As for knights fighting each other in plate being viscous bruisers in addition to wielding their weapons, hey horaay you guys are right.  A large part of that is because how effective plate armor was versus wide slashing attacks, so the favored slashing weapons were less effective but the armor could be bashed in and since it wasn't pliable would present a problem.  Never having worn plate into battle (I don't think I am the only one to say that) I would assume it easier for my opponent to give me a concussion in my metal helmet than it would be to sliced open while covered in armor designed to stop just that. 

I can already tell that you would be warriors are going to require very delicate responses so as not send you into near stroke from the offensive things I will be so casually dishing out to you.  As for my original statement I still stand by it and I would rather use a weapon than swing my fist at an armed/armored opponent. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

As for knights fighting each other in plate being viscous bruisers in addition to wielding their weapons, hey horaay you guys are right.  A large part of that is because how effective plate armor was versus wide slashing attacks, so the favored slashing weapons were less effective but the armor could be bashed in and since it wasn't pliable would present a problem.  Never having worn plate into battle (I don't think I am the only one to say that) I would assume it easier for my opponent to give me a concussion in my metal helmet than it would be to sliced open while covered in armor designed to stop just that. 

As someone who has fought in plate armour for SCA it's more of a bashing match, and traditionally if all you had was a sword you would half sword and use it like a spear or use the pommel and guard as a mace.

For the realistic combat thing if the champion is a thing pretty much anything can go in term of fighting styles.