Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Anyone Here Not From An Established Clan?

:(

Reading through the forums it seems like every person here has been with their clan for 70 years and have played 1,600 games together logging over 6,000,000 hours of practice and bonding.

Anyone here NOT from an SB or DF (whatever those mean) clan? Feelin' kinda left out and intimidated and would like to meet some newer people.

Astaroth.jpg

:(

Reading through the forums it seems like every person here has been with their clan for 70 years and have played 1,600 games together logging over 6,000,000 hours of practice and bonding.

Anyone here NOT from an SB or DF (whatever those mean) clan? Feelin' kinda left out and intimidated and would like to meet some newer people.

me brother man, its now worries, we will show this SB/DF players whats up :)

me brother man, its now worries, we will show this SB/DF players whats up :)

Alright good to hear ;) Still awesome to be part of the community this early on though!

Astaroth.jpg

I played SB and DF and didn't care for either or to be honest lol. I got a group i've played with since UO but i'm going solo with this game so far. My brother may join me but other than that i'll be fresh with no guild before the game starts. I can't wait!

edit- I'm assuming the SB and DF you are seeing is most likely shadowbane and darkfall. *shrugs*

Edited by mavol

Xfj4obT.png

I played SB and DF and didn't care for either or to be honest lol. I got a group i've played with since UO but i'm going solo with this game so far. My brother may join me but other than that i'll be fresh with no guild before the game starts. I can't wait!

edit- I'm assuming the SB and DF you are seeing is most likely shadowbane and darkfall. *shrugs*

Thats awesome! I always liked the idea of lone wolf, mysterious dude but it really has been nearly impossible with traditional MMOs. Hoping the changes in this game make it possible. I would also be interested in starting a Chaos guild however, I do have GM experience from other MMOs. *shrug

Astaroth.jpg

It seems to me that some of the rule sets could cater better for the solo player, where you are automatically assigned to a faction such as god vs. god (based on your religious alignment) or 3-faction (chaos-balance-order).

It seems to me that some of the rule sets could cater better for the solo player, where you are automatically assigned to a faction such as god vs. god (based on your religious alignment) or 3-faction (chaos-balance-order).

But w.in those rule sets there will be guilds playing together.  I see playing solo as being extremely difficult w/o at least an established group of close friends.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Guilds are extremely important to games as they provide an anchor for players to stick with games.  Thus, you'll find a lot more guilded people than you will unguilded people.  That doesn't make one better than the other, but to maybe help explain the disparity.

Unguilded people won't be updated about Crowfall information as frequently as guilded people, ect.

I joined LotD 9 years ago, so I fall into your "intimidating" category, but as many people will tell you, I'm always happy to talk guilds and community work so PM me anytime if you have a question or anything that you don't want to deal with the board here about. :D

I don't have a clan yet either.  My brother and I are planning to try to find one once we get into alpha, as we don't really have much interest in joining one of those clans that you eluded to which have been played numerous MMOs together.  Maybe we will see more new, Crowfall only clans start to emerge once we get closer to alpha/beta.  

Edited by Abel

Yea especially for God vs. God it seems that way, however Archie makes a good point when he says that hub building would go much faster with a guild, and if a guild has control of a choke point in a campaign and you are alone... Could be tough.

It's never too late or too soon to make new friends... or enemies.

Definitely not trying to make enemies xD

Astaroth.jpg

But w.on those rule sets there will be guilds playing together.  I see playing solo as being extremely difficult w/o at least an established group of close friends.

Not sure it seems that city building is going to need a guild, not to mention how are you going to get any of resources from a POI if a guild is controlling it? It feels to me your going to need a  active guild to do anything other then dregs. 

It all depends on what you want to get out of the game.  If you want to build cities and siege cities, then you'll want a community that way you can either be hired or do it all yourselves.  If you want to be just an outlaw and live off of the profits of what you kill, then you can do that to some extent, though it will be difficult at times as any coordinated force will obviously overwhelm you at some point.

So, pick what you want to do and find some friends who want to do it with you.

I don't have a clan yet either.  My brother and I are planning to try to find one once we get into alpha, as we don't really have much interest in joining one of those clans that you eluded to which have been played numerous MMOs together.  Maybe we will see more new, Crowfall only plans start to pop up once we get closer to alpha/beta.  

As we get closer, let me know your plans. Good for us newfolks to stick together ;)

Astaroth.jpg

But w.on those rule sets there will be guilds playing together.  I see playing solo as being extremely difficult w/o at least an established group of close friends.

I could see that happening. Guilds choosing the same alignment (if that's possible) to game the system, but what if you aren't able to choose your side, instead are assigned one? Then sure, people in the same guild will tend to band up, but the guild might be split up between the factions.

Even if the guild was able to choose a faction, they would need help from the rest of the faction, pugs and other guilds alike. I.e. in-game join a guild. I see the 3-fac ruleset as trying to mimic DAoC, where pugging was extremely doable. just hit the frontier and ask what was up that night.

Figure out the kind of game experience you want from Crowfall and then find/create a guild that mirrors your expectation.  No reason to square peg/round hole.  Also no reason to go it alone "just because."

mael4.jpg

Been around the MMO Block...

Sardoni

I think a guild will be more or less essential to fully experience Crowfall.  If you're not interested in a traditional guild, I suggest looking into the Stormcrows.  Apparently they are a mercenary guild of sellswords.  Could end up being a pretty sweet idea.   

I think a guild will be more or less essential to fully experience Crowfall.  If you're not interested in a traditional guild, I suggest looking into the Stormcrows.  Apparently they are a mercenary guild of sellswords.  Could end up being a pretty sweet idea.   

Stormcrows are a bunch of good guys, from the chats i have had with them..