Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Anyone Here Not From An Established Clan?

The only condescending people I've dealt with here are SB old guilds. Lack of knowledge on the subject? What subject? Crowfall? Everyone has a lack of knowledge on that subject. Disregarding established guilds, guilds in game that see each other for 3 months, get a healthy rivalry, then leave each other and join separate campaigns for six months... hard to keep the anger up when you don't see or interact for half a year. Just saying. Talking about new guilds here mainly.

I'm already tired of the elitist comments from "master guilds"... sigh

Hmmmm.  here's a humble pie for you...................might want to nibble on one.

The master guilds with what you call an "elitist" attitude come to CF w/ "experience"  not with CF but with the years they have taken to know each other , their each individual play styles, and form friendships, real ones.   THAT can not be duplicated in a year, 2 or 3.    

Might want to sit back and read some of what they post, some good practical stuff there.   THEY have been doing this together for years. 

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Hmmmm. here's a humble pie for you...................might want to nibble on one.

The master guilds with what you call an "elitist" attitude come to CF w/ "experience" not with CF but with the years they have taken to know each other , their each individual play styles, and form friendships, real ones. THAT can not be duplicated in a year, 2 or 3.

Might want to sit back and read some of what they post, some good practical stuff there. THEY have been doing this together for years.

It doesn't matter what experience you have. It's never becoming to be condescending. I'm not doubting their skills or friendships.

Astaroth.jpg

It doesn't matter what experience you have. It's never becoming to be condescending. I'm not doubting their skills or friendships.

ANYTHING can be considered condescending.....................especially those things you don't want to hear.

Usually  "those things"  are called the TRUTH.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Damn it's just a game. You guys made me dizzy reading all 9 pages. Some people just think too much about it. Log in, kill or craft, log out and check out your wife every once in a while. If you find a guild and you feel comfortable, stay, if not, kill and loot them and leave. It is just a virtual world full of pixels.

I am in SD since Shadowbane and before that we had our own little guild in UO. Most of them are gone, some are still friends. I made the connection cause it worked. Not cause the leader did some cool stuff every once in a while. In fact it would annoy me to have events all the time.

It has nothing to do with the size of the game or it's leadership. If you wanna join before the game launches, or you wanna form a guild, do it. The people will stick together or not cause of eachother not just because of the game.

To have played Ultima Online, unless they are well, in their late 20s or 30s then they must of been really young children when they played that. Or maybe they came into the game in the last 10 years? When it was nothing like it was in the 90s. Why did you guys go from games which are clearly better than Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2, to Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2?  Why go from hardcore MMOs to casual MMOs?  

Why did they quit their old guilds?  Why didn't they stick around?

Now you see when people do that, I question their reasons for their interest in this game.  I think their interest in this game is purely because they think this is the "next big thing" in PvP MMOs based on their play history, they have no interest in Crowfall as a game, they are interested in Crowfall the next PvP thing and if they lose interest they'll likely move onto  Eternal Crusade or some other PvP focused title.

I know your type.

UO got released in 1997. I was 17, the prime age to play those games. Why do you think we were children? You just don't make any sense. Believe it or not we have even older members than me. Freeze and I played UO for a long time and we stopped cause they changed the ruleset and they tried to open the game to more people. That killed the game for me. People moved to Trammel and the soul of the game was destroyed.

We had our own little guild and joined SD when we started playing Shadowbane. Actually i remember killing some SD members in SB in the very early days and i got killed. We got to chat with eachother and now i am a member for more than a decade.

If you question about the interest in the game you should question why people leave. Games change. Sometimes to the worse, sometimes to the better. So what is your logic behind that question ? You play a game just to say you play that game ? Or do you play a game to enjoy it?

You clearly do not know any of those types.

Edited by miraculix

condescending is a tone, regardless of subject matter. Such as "/Facepalm". Not here to argue semantics though, cheers.

Intrawebs, yes.    So much left from/ added to the convo that might not be intended.   All interpretation.  And how sensitive you are.   

Cheers back to you!     /sigh

ANYTHING can be considered condescending.....................especially those things you don't want to hear.

Usually  "those things"  are called the TRUTH.

Truth and opinion becomes blurred when it isn't a fact, but what we know.

In such situations truth becomes subjective, rather than corporeal, based purely on what we think we know, even if that knowledge isn't correct- who are we to place judgement to a degree of declaring truth and swinging it around like an all defeating weapon of absolutes, that only makes people who have opposing ideas even more offended rather than culling a viewpoint you think is wrong.  Then it's no longer truth, it's a point of view, simply stating a point of view of a larger group or a singular person as truth is, well to put it bluntly, vastly overestimating understanding of something.

You may be surprised, if Crowfall isn't the second coming of ShadowBane, which is most obviously isn't, then the likelihood of their "experience" outside of running a guild will for the most part be - useless.  Going by such logic is stating that a guild from any hardcore MMO focused on resource and territory control has in equal parts a chance at success due to experience as an established guild.  I find it amusing that the SB people think they hold a candle above the rest, now this is purely observation, I mean no offense by it, but that's what is implied, but given as we are meanly human and we feel the need to place emotion into what we write and what we read, what can be mistaken for an incitement of negative reaction, was given with good intentions could be taken with offense.

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

well now..truth and opinion may become blurred for some...but hey...if you can't sort the objective from the subjective enough to distinguish the difference then there may be other problems involed besides perception...

could just be me here....and Myrkul knows I'm just a condescending asshat

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Truth and opinion becomes blurred when it isn't a fact, but what we know.

In such situations truth becomes subjective, rather than corporeal, based purely on what we think we know, even if that knowledge isn't correct- who are we to place judgement to a degree of declaring truth and swinging it around like an all defeating weapon of absolutes, that only makes people who have opposing ideas even more offended rather than culling a viewpoint you think is wrong.  Then it's no longer truth, it's a point of view, simply stating a point of view of a larger group or a singular person as truth is, well to put it bluntly, vastly overestimating understanding of something.

You may be surprised, if Crowfall isn't the second coming of ShadowBane, which is most obviously isn't, then the likelihood of their "experience" outside of running a guild will for the most part be - useless.  Going by such logic is stating that a guild from any hardcore MMO focused on resource and territory control has in equal parts a chance at success due to experience as an established guild.  I find it amusing that the SB people think they hold a candle above the rest, now this is purely observation, I mean no offense by it, but that's what is implied, but given as we are meanly human and we feel the need to place emotion into what we write and what we read, what can be mistaken for an incitement of negative reaction, was given with good intentions could be taken with offense.

Nope sure isn't.  But it just may have a "spiritual"  connection?  Maybe?   Before you answer might wanna read this.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1695-ask-the-team/?p=44838

Nope sure isn't.  But it just may have a "spiritual"  connection?  Maybe?   Before you answer might wanna read this.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1695-ask-the-team/?p=44838

I feel most upset at myself right now.

Crowfall isn't Shadowbane, however I'd say Shadowbane is a clear ingredient.

I think I've enlighted myself today, to myself, I think I shall go sit down quietly, absorb and reflect on everything stated, despite some obvious upset.

Here's the summery.

"I got burned, so I decide that I don't want to be in guilds for X reasons"

Someone from a guild gets offended by my viewpoint and makes an attempt to correct my opinion as being false to their experience.

I react by giving various logical and deductive examples as to why I think that their wrong.

They give examples of their experiences.

I make an assumption then request them to prove my assumption wrong.

They have proven my assumption to be incorrect.

I am wrong.  Simple.

Though would be nice if such refusals to my assessment was met politely instead of with outright animosity in the first place though.

Although I am sure someone who operated solo in Shadowbane wold of done fine just the same.  I think my biggest regret is not having experienced the pre-WoW MMO community, you guys are very different from what I've experienced.  When you decide to show it, instead of acting to forumbane when it so suits.  Here's the thing, I've been been good at interpreting the difference between sarcasm and silliness with outright trolling and malcontent.  Regardless I take it in my strike and I try my best to not offend in my opinions and be transparent with my views - given my views will always change.  If they fall in line with others one day, we'll see.

Edited by Synast

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

ummm..I didn't see anything even remotely offensive from your posting

and imo...a lot of all this falls under the "lighten up Francis" category. ...

that being said...I'll do my usual and state my own Opinion ..

to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience

taking offense..passive aggressive attempts to quell discussion by tossing out "toxic" and such does not help anyone's cause...but rather can act as the proverbial red cape to a minotaur...but always stand up for yourself. ...if your reasoning is sound....even if your position winds up flawed...you earn Respect by engaging as opposed to contempt for what can be taken for whining by some.....

just a friendly Rx from yer olde Doc...take it....like anything I type...as you like and remember where it comes from...

but hey...have Fun and post away...it's what we are all here for and all we have until Testing begins...yes?

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I'm not currently apart of any clan, though I do hope to start one once we have a lil more details and are closer to some gameplay.

Very cool! I would love to start my own mercenary guild. Not sure I'll have enough time to be a leader though... Full time job may chew too much time up.

Astaroth.jpg

:(

Reading through the forums it seems like every person here has been with their clan for 70 years and have played 1,600 games together logging over 6,000,000 hours of practice and bonding.

Anyone here NOT from an SB or DF (whatever those mean) clan? Feelin' kinda left out and intimidated and would like to meet some newer people.

I'm currently free from any guild, although I'm keeping me eyes open for certain people to start one up. ;)

Don't be too intimidated. The people that do the most barking are harmless attention whores. Don't let 'em get under your skin. Good luck!

I'm currently free from any guild, although I'm keeping me eyes open for certain people to start one up. ;)

Don't be too intimidated. The people that do the most barking are harmless attention whores. Don't let 'em get under your skin. Good luck!

Good luck to you as well! I am keeping both eyes peeled for certain people as well, so consider yourself watched 0.0 Though I'm not sure I will have enough time to lead with the new job, I know I want to be a founding member for sure. Cheers!

Astaroth.jpg

:(

Reading through the forums it seems like every person here has been with their clan for 70 years and have played 1,600 games together logging over 6,000,000 hours of practice and bonding.

Anyone here NOT from an SB or DF (whatever those mean) clan? Feelin' kinda left out and intimidated and would like to meet some newer people.

I, like many, do not have a clan to call my own.  I come from a mostly PUG/Solo MMO background dating back to the Earth and Beyond, SWG, era.  Rest assured, I will probably be looking to join one when Crow launches.  Not sure how solo friendly it will be lol

I, like many, do not have a clan to call my own.  I come from a mostly PUG/Solo MMO background dating back to the Earth and Beyond, SWG, era.  Rest assured, I will probably be looking to join one when Crow launches.  Not sure how solo friendly it will be lol

Yea it will be interesting to see how the dynamics flesh out, how viable solo play will be, how viable being a pure crafter will be. I'd be interested in a smaller, mercenary-like group but we shall see. Also, welcome to the community! Happy first post!

Astaroth.jpg

condescending is a tone, regardless of subject matter. Such as "/Facepalm". Not here to argue semantics though, cheers.

LOL, doc making friends and ruffling feathers again...

...and Synast has become the board's tumblrina.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I feel most upset at myself right now.

Crowfall isn't Shadowbane, however I'd say Shadowbane is a clear ingredient.

I think I've enlighted myself today, to myself, I think I shall go sit down quietly, absorb and reflect on everything stated, despite some obvious upset.

Here's the summery.

"I got burned, so I decide that I don't want to be in guilds for X reasons"

Someone from a guild gets offended by my viewpoint and makes an attempt to correct my opinion as being false to their experience.

I react by giving various logical and deductive examples as to why I think that their wrong.

They give examples of their experiences.

I make an assumption then request them to prove my assumption wrong.

They have proven my assumption to be incorrect.

I am wrong.  Simple.

Though would be nice if such refusals to my assessment was met politely instead of with outright animosity in the first place though.

Although I am sure someone who operated solo in Shadowbane wold of done fine just the same.  I think my biggest regret is not having experienced the pre-WoW MMO community, you guys are very different from what I've experienced.  When you decide to show it, instead of acting to forumbane when it so suits.  Here's the thing, I've been been good at interpreting the difference between sarcasm and silliness with outright posting and malcontent.  Regardless I take it in my strike and I try my best to not offend in my opinions and be transparent with my views - given my views will always change.  If they fall in line with others one day, we'll see.

My god! You're so long winded for an Aussie.

What you've got to understand is that Ellie and I have been here on the Crowfall site from day 1. Explaining the same things over and over day after day is bloody monotonous. Don't get so butt hurt.

Shadowbane players have such a passionate and strong community formed over such a long period of time. I've never witnessed a community like these folk in any game.

Take time out from posting all those words to read perhaps? ... just saying.

288mqgz.png