Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Anyone Here Not From An Established Clan?

There are more solo players who already backed the game than Guilds.

Yea, there are a lot of players coming from one or another game, but that doesnt mean that they even knew each other =P.
And solo players (like me) dont use to check the forums =P

:(

Reading through the forums it seems like every person here has been with their clan for 70 years and have played 1,600 games together logging over 6,000,000 hours of practice and bonding.

Anyone here NOT from an SB or DF (whatever those mean) clan? Feelin' kinda left out and intimidated and would like to meet some newer people.

While I'm technically in a 'clan' we are really just like 4 or 5 old people that liked to yell at each other so much we never stopped posting on our forums despite not actively gaming together for the past 5 years. I plan on taking a fresh start with CF. 

ncLez59.png

I could see that happening. Guilds choosing the same alignment (if that's possible) to game the system, but what if you aren't able to choose your side, instead are assigned one? Then sure, people in the same guild will tend to band up, but the guild might be split up between the factions.

ACE knows better than to forcefully split up existing guilds :)

I think a guild will be more or less essential to fully experience Crowfall.  If you're not interested in a traditional guild, I suggest looking into the Stormcrows.  Apparently they are a mercenary guild of sellswords.  Could end up being a pretty sweet idea.   

Stormcrows are a bunch of good guys, from the chats i have had with them.. 

Hmmm I will have to check them out... Probably not going to decide on one when the game is still so far away

Astaroth.jpg

While I'm technically in a 'clan' we are really just like 4 or 5 old people that liked to yell at each other so much we never stopped posting on our forums despite not actively gaming together for the past 5 years. I plan on taking a fresh start with CF. 

i got a few buddys where we play differant games alot but we get in vent and gripe at each other, adn drink and talk poorly made socks... i'm hoping they come play CF 

ACE knows better than to forcefully split up existing guilds :)

Yeah I think it would be a terrible choice (edit: for guilds to go in) a ruleset where you had to go in blind and be divvied up by the system. It would cater well to solo players, but guilds would have no incentive to join because their structure is essentially circumvented. That being said "don't play that ruleset, then" applies in this case as well.

Edited by Poposhka

Haha, that's hysterical. It does seem there are lots of people making clean starts actually... exciting to see.

Astaroth.jpg

There are more solo players who already backed the game than Guilds.

Yea, there are a lot of players coming from one or another game, but that doesnt mean that they even knew each other =P.

And solo players (like me) dont use to check the forums =P

Hm thats a good point... Well glad to see you checked it today!  :P

Astaroth.jpg

I could see that happening. Guilds choosing the same alignment (if that's possible) to game the system, but what if you aren't able to choose your side, instead are assigned one? Then sure, people in the same guild will tend to band up, but the guild might be split up between the factions.

you'll just have to create multiple guilds until your chosen side gets picked.. basically this isn't just unnecessary but also impossible to do.

y9tj8G5.png

Hm thats a good point... Well glad to see you checked it today!  :P

Well, I choose the wrong words...

We use to check the forums, we just don't get involved...

And of course, I'm talking over my own experience and the ones I know 

I am also solo for now. Maybe I will meet some great people during alpha or beta, or maybe not. I am not in a hurry to get into a guild. I whould rather wait and find a home that I like.

I am without a guild going into the game, but am always hestiate to commit to a guild long before a game is out.  Maybe closer towards beta.

Kinda sad, it's fun to have a dedicated group of friends who game jump - I used to be part of a small group, we'd always find a larger guild that fit our mindset. 

Eventually as the years went on, real life took it's toll and most quit gaming.

Would like to find that again, especially since Crowfall seems like it will be strong in community like the MMOs of old

The only guild I've been in was just a convenience for a few (6ish) friends in DDO (and an excuse for an airship).  Our guild motto there was "Aggressively Casual".

I expect it'll be rough for me in Crowfall initially.

I'm hoping to gain reputation as a trustworthy soul who works with, and maintains friendly relations with, various reputable guilds from Campaign to Campaign.  Time will tell how well that works out for me.

soli deo gloria

I am also solo for now. Maybe I will meet some great people during alpha or beta, or maybe not. I am not in a hurry to get into a guild. I whould rather wait and find a home that I like.

I'm definitely in the same boat as you there. Plus we have to see the game in action to really know what we want from a guild.

Astaroth.jpg

The only guild I've been in was just a convenience for a few (6ish) friends in DDO (and an excuse for an airship).  Our guild motto there was "Aggressively Casual".

I expect it'll be rough for me in Crowfall initially.

I'm hoping to gain reputation as a trustworthy soul who works with, and maintains friendly relations with, various reputable guilds from Campaign to Campaign.  Time will tell how well that works out for me.

I really like the sound of gaining that kind of reputation. My first character will probably be Chaos so not sure how that will affect the way I play (from a lite-RP standpoint) but we will see. I too want more of a social guild methinks; I love "Aggressively Casual" thats hysterical!

Astaroth.jpg

There will be lots of new faces. Most guilds will go through an expansionary period in late beta and at live. New guilds will rise, some old guilds will implode.

Don't be a jerk, be willing to listen and learn, don't be annoying in voice comms and someone will tag you. Be magnanimous in victory and defeat and display a touch of skill and you may find yourself switching tags to the guys that just rolled you.

There will be lots of new faces. Most guilds will go through an expansionary period in late beta and at live. New guilds will rise, some old guilds will implode.

Don't be a jerk, be willing to listen and learn, don't be annoying in voice comms and someone will tag you. Be magnanimous in victory and defeat and display a touch of skill and you may find yourself switching tags to the guys that just rolled you.

Well said. I especially enjoyed the use of magnanimous. +1

Astaroth.jpg

you'll just have to create multiple guilds until your chosen side gets picked.. basically this isn't just unnecessary but also impossible to do.

Could you elaborate on this, I'm not sure I follow. What is unnecessary and impossible? I also don't quite understand the multiple guild thing and chosen side gets picked.