Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Anyone Here Not From An Established Clan?

I'm in an estabilished guild but i will not able to play with them (because they are from South Corea so they will have their own server prolly) but i'm sure that i will be able to find a guild very fast (maybe i will just need to change my nickname in game  ;) )

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

You lot sound like old fat women, complaining there are no good men out there.

booohooo, I can't find Mr Right, so instead I'll just pretend like I don't want a man anyways!

very clever, make a broad scathing attack on everyone without making any direct attacks so you don't violate the forum rules.  People are entitled to their opinion, you're also entitled to get upset because they do.   :D

Some advice though, given entirely freely!

Since you guys play Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2 - I'm going to make a broad assumption you guys are a zerg guild and have never played a hardcore MMO before built around a player economy and in turn has real equipment loss on death.  

Well considering both those games (Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2) don't depend on resources (although it does cost gold to get siege equipment, but the loss is pretty laughable compared to the losses you get in games like... well... EVE Online) and that zerging gives you an advantage in those games because of that reason, an unstoppable steamroller that you can simply just revive each other in Guild Wars 2, simply respawn - even in Planetside 2, oh you can spawn at your mobile deployable squad respawns?  Fantastic!

I wonder just how will you guys be able to handle logistics when you're confronted with the reality that when your zerg all dies, you need to replace all their gear. Because certainly they don't want to cover their own butts, no no no, they will get mad and angry they have to constantly spend their hard earned resources on replacing gear so they can just throw themselves mindlessly at that castle over and over... Oh wow 115 members, well good luck with that.  But considering your response, I bet you are a shining example of what I can expect from other members of your glorious guild. :)  Good luck with that guys, wish you the best!

Many hands make light work. I wouldn't even think about attempting a game like this solo.

Well established guilds have one huge advantage. Their leadership is relatively stable.

Now that response, that sort of response is from someone's guild I would be willing to join on the other hand. If I was interested in joining one at this time.

Edited by Synast

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

I'm actually one of the nicer ones in SD :)

but it's nice that you did some research on us...

for the "hardcore MMO" comment:

Those years of fighting in Shadowbane and Darkfall probably don't count.

And the fact that a large portion of our members came from UO initially, is irrelevant as well

Play however you want buddy, I'm not stopping you :)

Just don't pretend like guilds are a bad thing

Edited by freeze

very clever, make a broad scathing attack on everyone without making any direct attacks so you don't violate the forum rules.  People are entitled to their opinion, you're also entitled to get upset because they do.   :D

Some advice though, given entirely freely!

Since you guys play Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2 - I'm going to make a broad assumption you guys are a zerg guild and have never played a hardcore MMO before built around a player economy and in turn has real equipment loss on death.  

Well considering both those games (Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2) don't depend on resources (although it does cost gold to get siege equipment, but the loss is pretty laughable compared to the losses you get in games like... well... EVE Online) and that zerging gives you an advantage in those games because of that reason, an unstoppable steamroller that you can simply just revive each other in Guild Wars 2, simply respawn - even in Planetside 2, oh you can spawn at your mobile deployable squad respawns?  Fantastic!

I wonder just how will you guys be able to handle logistics when you're confronted with the reality that when your zerg all dies, you need to replace all their gear. Because certainly they don't want to cover their own butts, no no no, they will get mad and angry they have to constantly spend their hard earned resources on replacing gear so they can just throw themselves mindlessly at that castle over and over... Oh wow 115 members, well good luck with that.  But considering your response, I bet you are a shining example of what I can expect from other members of your glorious guild. :)  Good luck with that guys, wish you the best!

Now that response, that sort of response is from someone's guild I would be willing to join on the other hand. If I was interested in joining one at this time.

Haha oh boy, it seems some are getting frustrated for some reason. Well said again my friend. Once again, I am not complaining about established guilds or not being in one, I am simply trying to gear how many people are in one and how many without, and how being in one will affect their experience. 

I haven't heard a single old woman grumble since being here, not sure why the sudden toxicity.

Astaroth.jpg

I'm actually one of the nicer ones in SD :)

but it's nice that you did some research on us...

for the "hardcore MMO" comment:

Those years of fighting in Shadowbane and Darkfall probably don't count.

And the fact that a large portion of our members came from UO initially, is irrelevant as well

Play however you want buddy, I'm not stopping you :)

Just don't pretend like guilds are a bad thing

Here's my question to you, (now Shadowbane doesn't count because it got shut down), why did they quit Darkfall? Why did they quit Ultima Online?  ( assume you mean Ultima Online when you say UO)

To have played Ultima Online, unless they are well, in their late 20s or 30s then they must of been really young children when they played that. Or maybe they came into the game in the last 10 years? When it was nothing like it was in the 90s. Why did you guys go from games which are clearly better than Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2, to Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2?  Why go from hardcore MMOs to casual MMOs?  

Why did they quit their old guilds?  Why didn't they stick around?

Now you see when people do that, I question their reasons for their interest in this game.  I think their interest in this game is purely because they think this is the "next big thing" in PvP MMOs based on their play history, they have no interest in Crowfall as a game, they are interested in Crowfall the next PvP thing and if they lose interest they'll likely move onto  Eternal Crusade or some other PvP focused title.

I know your type.

I've been around and played MMOs likely longer than you have, I've been in a lot of guilds, I think, at least enough to get a general idea of what their like, I've been in my fair share of bad guilds and in fact really good ones.  In fact the last guild I was in, in WoW before I quit was a very fantastic community with a very tolerant and lovely leader with a solid leadership circle.  The current group I'm hanging with, but not a part of in EVE is exactly the same - and their PvP focused!

Pretty sure my assessment is accurate, unless you guys adjust to the fact you'll need to deal with the logistical problems of being a zerg guild you're going to fall apart in a bright explosion of flames - or slowly putter out, with people leaving.

Haha oh boy, it seems some are getting frustrated for some reason. Well said again my friend. Once again, I am not complaining about established guilds or not being in one, I am simply trying to gear how many people are in one and how many without, and how being in one will affect their experience. 

I haven't heard a single old woman grumble since being here, not sure why the sudden toxicity.

Likely a kneejerk reaction to something someone didn't like hearing. When people stick their head in the sand about their guild, it's likely high time they should look for a different one imo. Or in fact, if they react in such a way, I'd be fearful at their ability to contend with real losses.

A fine example of this would be the recent implosion of Brave Collective and subsequent dissolution of it's leadership leading to the collapse of HERO collation in EVE Online, a collection of aligned corps (guilds) in alliances (large guild bodies with various branches of membership, or a collection of allied guilds) which in turn an alliances of multiple alliances (collation).

All this after a big talk from their leadership at EVE Downunder last year about how to effectively run a corporation. Same people failed to deal with and resolve the problems resulting for multiple devastating attacks by Pandemic Legion into their held territories in Catch from January though to March this year, which ended up resulting in the leadership's inability to deal with the anger from the membership over their constant harassment of their farming and ratting operations. Their zerg counterattacks getting smashed by the more organised and more rich PL corps. Resulting in Test Alliance Please Ignore leaving the fold. In turn all the smaller corps started to lose members and everything slowly fell apart, eventually what was left fled to Khanid in 0.0 and low sec, effectively ending their ownership of territory in Nullsec.

Here's what I have to say to guilds that have never experienced the truly unique problems of a hardcore MMO about resources, territory control and full on PvP everywhere...

04f.gif

Edited by Synast

Hello. I've never even played an MMO before. I am a member of a gaming community but never levelled skills and queued spells. Pleased to meet you.

Edited by Monkeh

Synast, stop making so much sense! You'll only confuse and anger them!

Rule of the forum warrior. The more sense you make, the more confusion it lends to them.

You're also totally misunderstanding what Synast is saying. He's not saying guilds are bad. He's saying the ones that fluff themselves up with no functions/community as per the new MMO standards are pretty much worthless and always devolve into a miserable pile of secrets~ Essentially the blind recruit ones.

He's so custard right on the money about economy based MMOs it's scary. You want a competent and clear headed guild when it comes to strategic elements like finite resources and being able to manipulate that AND to have the necessary function of members. Pretty much like actually running a legitimate crew with their own variety of skills to compensate each other for what they don't have instead of in more traditional MMOs you just stand around and get bored one day, and you're just in the guild because you are...not because you're an actual contributing member, like a crafter or a support or you're that one crazy guy who likes to set things on fire, and everyone knows who you are because that's what YOU do.

Edited by Lastboy

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Hello. I've never even play en an MMO before. I am a member of a gaming community but never levelled skills and queued spells. Pleased to meet you.

Welcome Monkeh, glad to have you with us. It will definitely be an exciting time learning the new genre!! I saw you mentioning in a different thread that you were afraid people wouldn't ever want to team with you because of lack of experience, well thats not true! I wouldn't mind to show you some ropes if you ever needed help, and there are plenty like me!

Here's my question to you, (now Shadowbane doesn't count because it got shut down), why did they quit Darkfall? Why did they quit Ultima Online?  ( assume you mean Ultima Online when you say UO)

To have played Ultima Online, unless they are well, in their late 20s or 30s then they must of been really young children when they played that. Or maybe they came into the game in the last 10 years? When it was nothing like it was in the 90s. Why did you guys go from games which are clearly better than Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2, to Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2?  Why go from hardcore MMOs to casual MMOs?  

Why did they quit their old guilds?  Why didn't they stick around?

Now you see when people do that, I question their reasons for their interest in this game.  I think their interest in this game is purely because they think this is the "next big thing" in PvP MMOs based on their play history, they have no interest in Crowfall as a game, they are interested in Crowfall the next PvP thing and if they lose interest they'll likely move onto  Eternal Crusade or some other PvP focused title.

I know your type.

I've been around and played MMOs likely longer than you have, I've been in a lot of guilds, I think, at least enough to get a general idea of what their like, I've been in my fair share of bad guilds and in fact really good ones.  In fact the last guild I was in, in WoW before I quit was a very fantastic community with a very tolerant and lovely leader with a solid leadership circle.  The current group I'm hanging with, but not a part of in EVE is exactly the same - and their PvP focused!

Pretty sure my assessment is accurate, unless you guys adjust to the fact you'll need to deal with the logistical problems of being a zerg guild you're going to fall apart in a bright explosion of flames - or slowly putter out, with people leaving.

Likely a kneejerk reaction to something someone didn't like hearing. When people stick their head in the sand about their guild, it's likely high time they should look for a different one imo. Or in fact, if they react in such a way, I'd be fearful at their ability to contend with real losses.

A fine example of this would be the recent implosion of Brave Collective and subsequent dissolution of it's leadership leading to the collapse of HERO collation in EVE Online, a collection of aligned corps (guilds) in alliances (large guild bodies with various branches of membership, or a collection of allied guilds) which in turn an alliances of multiple alliances (collation).

All this after a big talk from their leadership at EVE Downunder last year about how to effectively run a corporation. Same people failed to deal with and resolve the problems resulting for multiple devastating attacks by Pandemic Legion into their held territories in Catch from January though to March this year, which ended up resulting in the leadership's inability to deal with the anger from the membership over their constant harassment of their farming and ratting operations. Their zerg counterattacks getting smashed by the more organised and more rich PL corps. Resulting in Test Alliance Please Ignore leaving the fold. In turn all the smaller corps started to lose members and everything slowly fell apart, eventually what was left fled to Khanid in 0.0 and low sec, effectively ending their ownership of territory in Nullsec.

Here's what I have to say to guilds that have never experienced the truly unique problems of a hardcore MMO about resources, territory control and full on PvP everywhere...

04f.gif

I too am an EVE player (not quite hardcore but I've highly enjoyed it). I am curious however why you seem so against the idea of early formed guilds. Why do you believe the ones here will dissolve? Have you been burned by an guild in the past? Just curious.

Astaroth.jpg

So much butt hurt in this thread. So many scrubs that are gonna rage quit at live.

Edited by checkyotrack

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

That really doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Cry, cry, cry more, guy.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I don't have a clan yet either.  My brother and I are planning to try to find one once we get into alpha, as we don't really have much interest in joining one of those clans that you eluded to which have been played numerous MMOs together.  Maybe we will see more new, Crowfall only clans start to emerge once we get closer to alpha/beta.  

There are actually quite a few that's already posted on the guild forum which are pretty sweet but yeah I do agree sticking to something that's crowfall only is probably a good idea. See how it goes and plus there is less distraction since you are all focusing on CF.

Edited by Eediom

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Cry, cry, cry more, guy.

Yo, stop jerking around and settle it in game tough guy. I'll kill you dead, cmon!!! -flips table-

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Welcome Monkeh, glad to have you with us. It will definitely be an exciting time learning the new genre!! I saw you mentioning in a different thread that you were afraid people wouldn't ever want to team with you because of lack of experience, well thats not true! I wouldn't mind to show you some ropes if you ever needed help, and there are plenty like me!

I too am an EVE player (not quite hardcore but I've highly enjoyed it). I am curious however why you seem so against the idea of early formed guilds. Why do you believe the ones here will dissolve? Have you been burned by an guild in the past? Just curious.

Also, excuse my rudeness, welcome also Monkeh, it's always nice to see fresh faces, unburdened with bitterness :P  (don't become bitter like me... :P)

Although I am no bittervet in EVE by any degree, I am relatively new, I'm not a newbro though, but in EVE I am a mercenary and I tend to keep a low profile (too late for that now in this community it seems :P).  As for being burned, I have been - multiple times.

By a guild I joined for Guild Wars 2 1 year before it's release... for the entirety of the Beta, which then imploded 1 month after it's release.

Also a whole heap of other times in WoW - lost count.  

Once in SWTOR - some junior officers abused their powers and kicked me from a guild without a good reason, simply because they didn't like me.  Without the consent of the leader of the guild, nor the second in charge; they didn't even bring the issue before them.  Nor was my case reviewed, which was in clear violation of the guild's rules.  The leadership determined I didn't violate any rules on investigation and I was brought back in, they were subsequently insulted by it and didn't like the fact the leader forced them to face me and allow me to question why they did it, apparently they simply didn't like me and they didn't like me trying to be friends with them.  They constantly sooked afterwards at me that they didn't like me and will leave the guild if I didn't and to go to another server.  They never left and they never went to another server.  When I quit the game and came back a year later when it went free to play for about a day, I was amused and surprised that the guild was dead and I was made the leader, fancy that.

In both situations the formation of clicks caused drama in the guild, the second example I was a victim of it, the first example other people were victims of it.

The first hardcore raiding guild I was in, in WoW - we had a system in place where we had class leaders, all the classes had their own private channel and there was a council of leadership, that guild too suffered from the formation of clicks.  There were also elitists in the guild who didn't like the idea of "players who suck holding back our progression" so they plotted to come up with ways to have people they thought were bad at the game removed from the guild by filing false complaints about them, or trying to coax them into braking the rules.  The whole situation disgusted me, I reported it - all I got from it was the lady in charge of managing the membership complaints and community relations within the guild having a temper tantrum and rage quitting the guild the first month of BC release, the guild imploded shortly after, she bitched about how she was tired about all the whining from people.  She was also sick of how the leadership tolerated the elitists scumbaggery, I agreed.

Another guild I was in, the elitests managed to get voted into office of the guild, took charge, decided they wanted to progress into harder content in BC before Wrath was released, so decided to kick everyone in the guild who wasn't geared for Black Temple so they only had the top 30 most well geared people, which of course included them.  They had plotted it since the beginning of the expansion, because they manipulated the DKP distribution so they got all the gear first, so then decided to get rid of the "casuals"..

I was removed from that guild because I had a nervous brakedown during a raid,  Instead of trying to find out why I did, or give me a warning, they outright removed me, wasn't even a condition on their rules, they just did - because they made assumptions about the reasons I did, as opposed to facing me about it and asking why I did.  If they did, they would of discovered the reason I did was because my lover ended our relationship.  No one in that guild even knew this till 10 months later after they fell apart, because no one cared about my side of the story, all they cared about was me going nutts.  Keep in mind I was 21, it was the first time something like that happened to me.

The list goes on...

But I've had equal awesome experiences in guilds too; the only reason I quit the last one I was in, in WoW was because I lost interest in WoW, I even told them I was leaving and gave them all a farewell and goodluck.

Haha man I swear we have the exact same game history, I've played all the ones you listed for a good chunk of time.. I have yet to find a guild that hasn't been spoiled by internal drama. All it takes is one person who is tired of the stability and they can bring it down easily. I'm definitely interested in joining one, but I don't subscribe to the drama. It will be interesting to see how guilds are different in this game, seeing as there is physical land management, item loss, etc. It will be a big leap from what most know.

Astaroth.jpg