Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Anyone Here Not From An Established Clan?

By this comment  "Better a fool than no one..."

It tends to lean to towards the idea that a fool ( and being connected to one ) is better than having no one........

I would tend to think being in your own company would be better than dealing with a fool, but that is me......................

Yeah well, we are social creatures, loneliness tends to make you go crazy.  If someone would rather be alone than suffer the presence of someone they disliked, felt was foolish or whatever other reason they would rather not be around that person for;  Then I pity them.

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

Yeah well, we are social creatures, loneliness tends to make you go crazy.  If someone would rather be alone than suffer the presence of someone they disliked, felt was foolish or whatever other reason they would rather not be around that person for;  Then I pity them.

Depends on the amount of time. If we are talking an hour, week, or month, I would rather be alone than constantly annoyed. If we are talking forever, then yes I think that is correct. Not really on topic at all though xD

Astaroth.jpg

I just tend to join guilds that are playing the same game. Not had a stable guild as such since Star Wars Galaxy, and that didn't end too well.

What happened?

Astaroth.jpg

Who would like to join the new super exclusive pre-alpha guild for Crowfall?

PM me if interested, but if I don't respond... don't feel too bad okay? You just didn't make the cut.

Edited by Adall

Who would like to join the new super exclusive pre-alpha guild for Crowfall?

PM me if interested, but if I don't respond... don't feel too bad okay? You just didn't make the cut.

*crosses fingers*

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

A very good article on pre-launch guilds.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/13/the-guild-counsel-how-to-find-a-good-pre-launch-guild/

Will guilds be fun to be in once the game is out if said guilds are run well?  Yes I believe so.

A sandbox game built around the player base offers a lot of freedoms that themepark or casual games simply do not.  Which lends itself to players less likely to get upset over small unimportant things leading to colossal operatic breakdowns of communication leading to drama and people genuinely sick of being around each other.  Volatile and intolerant people tend to cause drama in guilds more often than the people they tend to point fingers at, such as "Drama queens" and the such; Often people who are upset for various reasons have a good reason why their upset, their not upset for the sake of being upset.

Hardcore MMOs offer a unique gameplay mechanic that makes humble intolerant people and punishes people in a spectacular way.  A fine example is what happened to Band of Brothers in EVE Online.

A very good article on pre-launch guilds.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/13/the-guild-counsel-how-to-find-a-good-pre-launch-guild/

Will guilds be fun to be in once the game is out if said guilds are run well?  Yes I believe so.

A sandbox game built around the player base offers a lot of freedoms that themepark or casual games simply do not.  Which lends itself to players less likely to get upset over small unimportant things leading to colossal operatic breakdowns of communication leading to drama and people genuinely sick of being around each other.  Volatile and intolerant people tend to cause drama in guilds more often than the people they tend to point fingers at, such as "Drama queens" and the such; Often people who are upset for various reasons have a good reason why their upset, their not upset for the sake of being upset.

Hardcore MMOs offer a unique gameplay mechanic that makes humble intolerant people and punishes people in a spectacular way.  A fine example is what happened to Band of Brothers in EVE Online.

That is a great example... Still can't believe something like that could happen. I really do hope that Crowfall can capture the same energy that events like that in EVE have. Nothing would be cooler than having massive-scale espionage, battles, drama, and success. I do worry that since the worlds aren't persistent that the passion and rivalries also won't be persistent.

Astaroth.jpg

I never really participated seriously with any clans, I know I was part of something in FFXI, but the only thing I can remember from that game is how much that game needed to improve...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I never really participated seriously with any clans, I know I was part of something in FFXI, but the only thing I can remember from that game is how much that game needed to improve...

Have you tried xiv? It's really great.

Astaroth.jpg

I do worry that since the worlds aren't persistent that the passion and rivalries also won't be persistent.

You better believe that if you piss me off enough by driving me back and keeping me from taking my spoils in a campaign, I'm going to take my little green crayon and notepad and write "Astaroth" on it. The next campaign I'd be hunting you down, pinning you somewhere, and making your players life hell until it ended in whatever way I could.

If anything rivalries will be even more predominant in nonpersistant campaigns because players are able to start from square one and on equal footing against their rival, not just a one-sided poorly made socksfest.

Edited by primal

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Have you tried xiv? It's really great.

No, I gave them too much time already, I'm not strictly in the habit of forgiving inadequate MMO developers, if anything I'd play GW2 first.

As a rule though, I avoid anything with trinity tanking like a plague.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

/facepalm

ok...i just read through all 9 pages of this .....ummmm....stuff...

allow me to chime in

for some folks in this Thread, allow me to postulate that when it comes to dealing with guilds (as in the examples given) that you may not be doing it right?

yeah...if you join a zerg guild with 100+ players, expect to be a little cog in a big machine, wtf else did you expect?

on the other hand...if you find folks who share your views and approach to a Game, nothing i have found enhances the experience anywhere near as much as a good Guild

i've seen some of the "drama" and such...hell, i've taken in-game advantage of political problems within other Guilds to aid in tearing them down...all part of the Game, eh?

but a lot of this broad brush categorical urinating all over the very Concept of a Guild is just silly, imo...

concerns like this Quote - "I do worry that since the worlds aren't persistent that the passion and rivalries also won't be persistent." - demonstrate a lack of Knowledge on the subject...

right here on the CF boards you have passionate rivalries that go back 10, 15 years...(like the SB stuff) or even moar! (a few UO feuds still around)

i think a lot of it depends on where you are coming from....those from WoW, let's say...have a VERY different set of Issues than folks from EVE....agreed?

arguing over who gets what after the "raid" and "dragonpoints" are meaningless drivel to the EVE player, but can shred the fluffies from WoW...

it's one of the things i think will be a distinct advantage to the old SB folks...

to us , Guilds are something very different than most other Games....not faceless zerglings, but your comrades in arms....ventrilo drinking buddies....not only do you know all your Guildies by just their voice, but the group is so tight knit you know their Main and most of their alts by memory (and the alt names they like to use, etc)

here's to hoping those of you who are not in Guilds find folks to hang out with for the Game that live up to what we SBers expect from ours...

heh....good luck with that

Edited by doc gonzo
i sux at schpelling

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Well, Shadowbane was a very niche community compared to the size of the playerbase in other games such as Everquest, WoW, Guild Wars etc and even didn't size up to even EVE Online during it's peak.  Now you'd think with a game the size of WoW in population that guilds wouldn't be close nit communities and wouldn't be faceless, I find that toxic, drama and bad guilds in WoW tend to be among the minority, the vast majority of guilds are small bands of friends, or casual players who play a causal game together and enjoy it.  

Would they be interested in this game?  Who knows, but people having a superiority complex about their guilds being "better to be in a guild than not" all while at the same time criticising people who have a different viewpoint, what sort of picture do you think that paints for people who are newly interested in this game?  When they see that sort of attitude on the forums?

If you want to be  in a guild, fantastic, if you don't, well that's great too.

We also shouldn't make assumptions either...

I mean, what I put forward are my experiences, the things I warn about, I may dance around about it, but it's my experiences, don't make judgement calls based on other people's experience, but always take heed of them.  If the Shadowbane community was so fantastic, then I regret never meeting them during it's heyday.

Edited by Synast

/facepalm

concerns like this Quote - "I do worry that since the worlds aren't persistent that the passion and rivalries also won't be persistent." - demonstrate a lack of Knowledge on the subject...

here's to hoping those of you who are not in Guilds find folks to hang out with for the Game that live up to what we SBers expect from ours...

heh....good luck with that

The only condescending people I've dealt with here are SB old guilds. Lack of knowledge on the subject? What subject? Crowfall? Everyone has a lack of knowledge on that subject. Disregarding established guilds, guilds in game that see each other for 3 months, get a healthy rivalry, then leave each other and join separate campaigns for six months... hard to keep the anger up when you don't see or interact for half a year. Just saying. Talking about new guilds here mainly.

I'm already tired of the elitist comments from "master guilds"... sigh

Astaroth.jpg

As of right now, I am coming to Crowfall solo and not a part of an established guild. I imagine I will run into many old friends, enemies and frenemies that I have fought with and against over the last seventeen or so years that I might join up with but for right now I am keeping my options open. Having a great guild that is a good fit playing alongside like-minded gamers can make or break a mmo experience so hopefully I can find one that is a right fit for me.