Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archiebunker82

How Many Of You Have Played A Pvp Game?

Not a game with PvP but a pvp game... Battlegrounds and duels 2vs2, 3v3 arenas while fun are not pvp they are get together s

and lets exchange kills so we can farm whatever we need to buy new armor.. 

All this i keep reading about buffs/ self healing and immune to cc all i can think is people want to play wow or another clone of it.... ( maybe its the beer talking )

What's that? Do you buy it with DKP?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Oh man... I had forgotten all about para pouches! I was more a nox mage myself but good times

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

If you think Crowfall is 100% PvP, it's not, we already know this simply from the gameplay videos of them fighting world monsters.

The only 100% PvP game I've played is Planetside 2  and to be brutally honest, when you're not fighting other players in the very limited due to game mechanics combat locations, which is always the front line, because the game only has frontlines - it gets extremely boring, in fact the gameplay is so simple that even the PvP becomes repetitive and boring at times.

A PvP focused game is in my opinion a good thing, but a 100% PvP game, in terms of an MMO is I believe, once you go beyound the scale of Battlefield style games or clones and above the scope of a game which is based around a limited sized map with a set number of opposing forces which are balanced - then bring it out to a massive open world, 90% of the world becomes baron and lifeless because there is no one around, because very few people apart from the people who make the game maps actually stand around and stare at it going "oh that looks nice" - they would rather be out having fun.  Add to that such things as the imbalance that comes from faction warfare - where given the chance that people can simply switch sides to another character so they can steamroll over other people for "carrot on a stick" style unlock grinds, it makes for a very boring, very frustrating, very bully concentric, very toxic encouraging and very repetitive game, all ingredients to encourage people who otherwise would of enjoyed it, to quit.

I find the kind of people who enjoy 100% PvP focused games tend to be the type of sadistic people who find enjoyment in the misery of others.  Who are even disliked by the entire community - even in games like EVE where the entire focus of the game is to be a disreputable person.  You need something there to brake up the empty space and make the game world to feel alive as it in turn has an impact on the player to feel awed by the game world and find it interesting so it's not boring on their way to and from any kind of PvP.

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

:P man i miss old fashioned DKP :P

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

Not a game with PvP but a pvp game... Battlegrounds and duels 2vs2, 3v3 arenas while fun are not pvp they are get together s

and lets exchange kills so we can farm whatever we need to buy new armor.. 

All this i keep reading about buffs/ self healing and immune to cc all i can think is people want to play wow or another clone of it.... ( maybe its the beer talking )

I'd imagine a large chunk of us come from open pvp games with or without full loot like UO pre trammel, SB, darkfall or a theme park with open pvp like AoC ffa servers 

Society of the Anvil, Absolution

pvp - game or pvp in a game?

I don't really know any games that are purely pvp - most of them have pvp included though. ^^

If you mean pvp in a game, yes I played plenty, if you mean pure pvp game, I played none.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

pvp - game or pvp in a game?

I don't really know any games that are purely pvp - most of them have pvp included though. ^^

If you mean pvp in a game, yes I played plenty, if you mean pure pvp game, I played none.

My guess is that he means an open world (not instanced) PvP game with limited safe zones. E.g. Shadowbane would have been a PvP centric a game, as would have Darkfall. Guild Wars 2 would not have been.

To answer OP's post, all of OCC have, so anyone with a forum sig like mine are here for the kills.

pKWaYh4.jpg