Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archiebunker82

How Many Of You Have Played A Pvp Game?

UO,

AoC pvp servers before they screwed them up were some of the best PVP I have had.

WaR was good, but you could avoid PVP by not entering RVR zones...still fun PVP though. 

UO, DAoC (albeit only briefly), SWG (post-CU, pre-NGE), Planetside 1 (Vanu), Planetside 2 (NC), Darkfall:UW, AoC on a PvP-server and EvE Online do all count as PvP games, right?

So... what do I get for that? My already manly chest hair hasn't increased in volume by stating this... yet.

I may have dabbled in what the OP refers to....

if you consider UO...SB...DAoC and EVE as "pvp games"

could just be me....I'm not certain I've translated beerese properly...

You know I remember the days when they called it "a PKing game" and called us "PKer". It was a badge of honor to be put on someone's PK list and an even bigger one to be put on a guilds PK list. Hehehe the good old days.

Of course, when it comes to dueling i have no doubts of myself. But the thing with games like crowfall is, wars are not won by skill alone. Unlike many other MMO's. This will require strategy and planning. Intelligent battlefield control. Its a game where armies can be destroyed without even the army seeing you.

That is the risk of the game. There is always chance and that is what makes this game so exciting

5 years of competitive Team Fortress 2 which I enjoyed hugely.

3 years of Dota2 which I enjoy hugely and am terrible at. Still playing and having fun even with the most toxic community I've come across. Watching random people call me names makes me laugh.

Why don't some people realise that games are just a bit fun and not the most important thing in their lives? Sometimes I swear losing a DotA match is the worst thing that could possibly happen to some people.

I enjoy PvP a lot. Even when I lose.

When was the last time I had meaningful open world objective based pvp?

It's been a while.

Edited by sardoni

mael4.jpg

Been around the MMO Block...

Sardoni

5 years of competitive Team Fortress 2 which I enjoyed hugely.

3 years of Dota2 which I enjoy hugely and am terrible at. Still playing and having fun even with the most toxic community I've come across. Watching random people call me names makes me laugh.

Why don't some people realise that games are just a bit fun and not the most important thing in their lives? Sometimes I swear losing a DotA match is the worst thing that could possibly happen to some people.

I enjoy PvP a lot. Even when I lose.

I thought you never played MMO. Dota2 and Team Fortess 2 are both MMO games so I'd say you would be fine in CF with your gaming experience.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

No.

Dex monkies don't count as real PvPers. Mage or get out.

Mages? Ah yes, those squishy things that hang out in the woods. Sometimes they'd travel into the cities, but they never lasted very long if a guild war was going on. Was always hoping they'd bring their "real PVP" with them but they often died quick, so I guess they didn't get a chance to use it in time. vov

I thought you never played MMO. Dota2 and Team Fortess 2 are both MMO games so I'd say you would be fine in CF with your gaming experience.

"A MOBA is an MMO" is the gaming forum warrior's equivalent of the sports forum warrior's "NASCAR drivers are athletes."  In the right thread, you can get some good mileage out of that one, sir. 

You know I remember the days when they called it "a PKing game" and called us "PKer". It was a badge of honor to be put on someone's PK list and an even bigger one to be put on a guilds PK list. Hehehe the good old days.

Ah, memories.

I find people that do what I use to do very annoying. Now I know why people didn't like me when I was younger!

Sneak home and pray you'll never know the hell where youth and laughter go.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Not sure if anyone of the games count in your eyes (<---) but I played L2, Aion mostly going for the PvP zones and I pretty much did at least 2-3 hours of PvP per day. If you count waging wars and plotting guild vs guild actions for hot spots as PvP. Same with Aion. Had fun with the route to Watcher Zapiel when my guild mates killed him and we others focused on not getting anyone near him.

But I'm not really sure what to reply. I mean I don't really know any pure-pvp games which are similar to an RPG. 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I would respectfully disagree. There's nothing 'massively' multiplayer about 5 on 5 arena battles or 6 on 6 FPS matches.

I do enjoy, and have experience with, PvP games though. So there's that.