Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inasyah

Zergs

It was a joke, no one seriously thinks a 60 target aoe reduces a zerg. Just like people assume a 60 target AoE is a one way street.

Wait - are you talking about the emu? They made AoEs hit 60 targets? That's way too many for balance. I apologize, I was thinking about how it would work here.

CF_Van.png

Wait - are you talking about the emu? They made AoEs hit 60 targets? That's way too many for balance. I apologize, I was thinking about how it would work here.

Yep but they are hitting it with a nerf bat for 1.6, will still hit more than back on live did.

• Damaging Area of Effect Spells have had their range reduced to 100, from 120.
  • All Area of Effect Spells had had their radius reduced to 30, from 40.
  • Cooldowns for Damaging Area of Effect Spells have been increased by around 25%. Direct Damaging AoEs now have a minimum cooldown of 18s (up from 10s) and a maximum of 30s. (up from 24s)

They also changed all racial resist to the extreme, either +20 or -20%.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Yep but they are hitting it with a nerf bat for 1.6, will still hit more than back on live did.

• Damaging Area of Effect Spells have had their range reduced to 100, from 120.
  • All Area of Effect Spells had had their radius reduced to 30, from 40.
  • Cooldowns for Damaging Area of Effect Spells have been increased by around 25%. Direct Damaging AoEs now have a minimum cooldown of 18s (up from 10s) and a maximum of 30s. (up from 24s)

They also changed all racial resist to the extreme, either +20 or -20%.

There are actually two different threads that say two different things. It is kind of odd.

C4sIZDW.gif

I love how instead of reverting or un-nerfing, they just make it more complicated.

Developer 101.  Never admit mistakes and revert... complicate your way out of it!

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Developer 101.  Never admit mistakes and revert... complicate your way out of it!

Compounding failure is just part of the iterative process.

One guy, mad with power?

-or-

Design by committee?

Both deliver absolutely atrocious results.

It's the former. Starfish has no counter weight on the design team and uses his weight as lead designer (who the custard made him lead anyhow) to do what he wants, even when devs speak up and tell him he's wrong, he will wright a 20 chapter essay on why he's right and everyone else on the team or community is wrong, and they are going with his design vision and that's that. No if ands or butts. Really wish we knew who put that joke of a designer in charge.  2 years ago when I was helping on the test team that idiot wasn't around screwing things up. Things were going smooth, and then he shows up and changes everything. He was a nobody at the time with no power (I don't even think he was actively around at the time, he must have been on "break"....

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Well then why is he in charge? Does he own the domain name? game servers? pay for the game hosts in any capacity? If he doesn't do anything other than what he wants, then there's no reason for him to be in charge unless he brings something significant to the table. Unless everyone else like RichV, etc are really sheep.

Well then why is he in charge? Does he own the domain name? game servers? pay for the game hosts in any capacity? If he doesn't do anything other than what he wants, then there's no reason for him to be in charge unless he brings something significant to the table. Unless everyone else like RichV, etc are really sheep.

As far as I'm aware he don't own anything, and I don't know who put him in charge or why they tolerate his ignorant ass.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~