Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siegnir

Alpha/beta Access

If I'm part of Alpha/Beta Group #1, will I also be part of the other alpha/beta phases that follow? 

For example, I was in the first round of ESO Beta invites which gave me access to all of the following beta testing phases.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

I appreciate the quick answer.

I'm not terribly active on the forum and the rudimentary search I did turned up little.

The reason I asked is because on my rewards page I have multiple Beta Groups listed and wasn't sure what it meant.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

if your part of a beta group will you be able to play the game for FREE?

the game will be buy to play (short b2p). If you didn't buy any package from the kickstarter or from the website you won't be able to play the game at release. However I guess there will be an open beta (beta group 6?) which could give you the possibility of testing the game for a few days until the end of the open beta.

The smallest package is contributor I think ($38) which gives you the right to download Crowfall when released (I think someone hinted something about the game being sold for $50 later on - so it is a good deal to start with)

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

The unlocked stretch goal says:

• European Beta Server

If it were a European Alpha+Beta server, I'm pretty sure they'd have said that.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I got a related question.

Will you be able to play in alpha on european servers, or only beta?

Even if European servers are only available for Beta, playing on ACE servers during Alpha should be just fine for Europeans anyway. The difference in latency shouldn't really be a problem since Alpha is meant for testing purpose rather than competition.

Thanks for the answers fellow adventurers.

I did a bit of investigating and here is what I believe I figured out.

The Boni from the kickstarter campaign arent available anymore for customers who buy now.

I think this is unfair for people outside of north america. I was interested in the game from start. But being from europe, without knowing, if you would be able to play in alpha/beta, or even if the game is going to be published here, and if it is, who will publish it, and will my kickstarter boni be recognized by a third party publisher, there were way too much questionmarks to engage into it.

And after real bad experiences like with SOE, selling their european business to a third party publisher in europe, which nobody was on good terms with, and the third party publisher declaring all your ingame currency, which you bought for real money, from one day to the other as valueless, and introducing their own new currency, the risks to engage into a crowdfunding campaign, where you got all these uncertaincies was way too high.

So I suggest that the boni from the kickstarter campaign get activated for european servers as well.

Because now i know, that I will be able to play in beta here, and that the game will be localized in europe most likely, I invested for sure.

But without the boni from kickstarter campaign or being able to play in alpha, there is little to no reason to go any higher than backer level. If you consider a higher package there are almost no further benefits.

Activating the boni from kickstarter campaign for european servers wouldn't cost anything and would only be fair since we just now know that we will get them. People in europe would buy more packages and higher packges as well.

Plus I have to notice, that there really isnt much till no news report or information about Crowfall coming to europe in european media. Even not on the MMO specific websites.

It was big news to me when I read about that.

I can play in alpha even if there isnt a european server? Is this 100% sure or a most likely?

Thanks for reading

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

And after real bad experiences like with SOE, selling their european business to a third party publisher in europe, which nobody was on good terms with, and the third party publisher declaring all your ingame currency, which you bought for real money, from one day to the other as valueless, and introducing their own new currency, the risks to engage into a crowdfunding campaign, where you got all these uncertaincies was way too high.

I understand that you feel it's unfair to have missed the Kickstarter and feel your pain not being able to earn Kickstarter rewards now. As the developers said before, they rewarded those who supported Crowfall early for putting their trust in the project. The game is meant to be based on "High risk, high reward" philosophy, and I guess the crowdfunding campaign was also thought that way. The Crowfall store still has some great deals in the 2015 bundles and their value is high :

"The new packages are targeted to have a value between 250-320% what they would be worth at launch.  Most of the Kickstarter packages were more valuable than that, some are significantly more." http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/6375-how-long-are-the-upgrades-going-to-stay-up-for/?p=164488

Before the Kickstarter launched, it was announced a few times on the forums that anyone who pre-purchase the game will be able to play on ACE servers, no matter where they live. Feb 15th http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/1695-ask-the-team/?p=55878

During Kickstarter, there were several threads and posts created to let European players know that they would be able to play Crowfall :

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3299-022715-distributionhosting-outside-of-north-america-for-crowfall/?p=81036

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3299-022715-distributionhosting-outside-of-north-america-for-crowfall/?p=81057

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3283-european-publisherrelease/?p=81060

Searching for "european" with the devtracker returns about 75 results, a large proportion of those posts/threads being published during the Kickstarter

Hello fellow adventurers,

When I read this it was really making me unhappy cause of certain things.

First thing, without certain statements you dont give out 200 dollar. So if there doesnt stand you will be able to get that what you are paying for, you wouldnt pay it. Otherwise you wouldnt have anymore money obviously. You dont give money to someone on street telling you maybe he gives you somthing in same value back, or maybe not.

Second thing, if i make stretch goals or something, I would make sure the first thing i do is to increase the base of potantial customers. This is common economic sense, cause you will get more money and players who want that MMO, people are telling us since decades about, provit from that as well WHEN they get it. Which in all cases and hypes they didnt till today, but much disappointments.

So if it isnt their first goal to get your fellow adventuerers in the boat as well, and there arent reliable statements that they will be able to participate in the early developments stages or the game will be released at their location, thats all very cloudy, if you got nothing at all, not even reliable statements. If not, make it your first stretch goal! To be able to make it a certain statement.

Third thing, the packages were already at kickstarter very very low on value, which you get for your money in my opinon.

I mean 256 Dollar for a simple ingame statue and 6 month VIP status?

Silver patron package worth = 130 USD. 130 - 50 for the game = 80. 80 * 3,2 = 256. Without taxes

I can buy a real 2 meter statue for that, I guess?!

This price policy is a total joke.

And what got the new Silver Bundle 2015 have in it? 6 month of VIP Status and 3 horses. The horses are a giveaway from the kickstarter campaign, because there wont be any difference else in the first packages, besides earlier access to the game.

So how much is this?

Silver Bundle 2015 worth = 130 USD. 130 - 50 for the game = 80. 80 * 3 = 240. 240 - 90 for Vip status 6 month = 150. 150 / 3 horses = 50. Without taxes

So a single horse costs me 50 USD in crowfall?!

Are you serious? If I am honest, you cant evade the impression that the people there are total amateurs who got no idea what they are doing, and throwing with numbers around them, they find attractive.

There is no way this will work.

I was really making eyes at the prices when i didnt know that this is really special offer and real prices gonna be like 3 times as high.

But 3 times the price, well its maniac. They got no idea, or they got and are just pressing money out of people, who are still willing to believe that the gaming industry nowadays is really capable and willing to make the game we all hear since decades of and want since decades, because the technologies are now already there since a decade, but noone is capable and/or willing to use them for certain reasons. If this game wont screw technically or from gameplay, it will from monetizing side. There is no way the package prizes can be right the smallest bit. If thats really true, the game is just pay to win. So it was right not to invest as i thought, cause its just the next ballon going to splash at release.  Like almost all the games nowadays.

Gaming was so much better in the good golden times of gaming in Super Nintedo till Gamecube times.

Nowasdays gaming industry became a real industry, producing cheap products with low risk, and selling them most expensive with great prepurchase boni, so the money is made already before the customer realizes how bad the product really is.

Gaming industry changes so much for the worse, its depressing.

Urahara,

You aren't buying those perks, or at least, if you are you aren't understanding what the point of backing is. The point of backing is to give money to the devs to fund the creation of the game. You aren't paying $50 for a horse as you mentioned above. You are backing the game, and in so doing, the devs are offering perks.

gtlLXYT.png

... the packages were already at kickstarter very very low on value, which you get for your money in my opinon.

I mean 256 Dollar for a simple ingame statue and 6 month VIP status?

As eonwe answered, the goal of Kickstarter is to help financially independent developers to create their game because we believe in the vision.

The rewards are cool and of course people really want them, but they remain reward for putting our trust into the developers' project.

For 256 dollars, during the Kickstarter, people received the following rewards :

• Unique Forum Badge - "Supporter"
  • Special thanks in the credits
  • All-Father Statue Relic : Blessing of Knowledge +1% training of combat skills [sG]
  • 1 month of VIP [sG]
  • Guinea Pig Pack Animal [sG]
  • Digital copy of Crowfall (retail $50)
  • Access to Beta 2
  • Thanks in credits as an early backer
  • Forgemaster Statue Relic : Gaes of Craftsmanship +1% training of crafting skills [sG]
  • Access to Beta 1
  • Copy of Digital Soundtrack
  • Copy of Digital Art Book
  • 1 month VIP membership
  • Arcane Weapon Recipe set - (Cosmetic)
  • Copper Avatar Frame
  • Copper Forum Badge
  • Rare magical Quarterhorse summoning figurine [sG]
  • Centaur Statue Relic : Blessing of Courage +1% hunger resist [sG]
  • Access to Alpha 3
  • 2 more months VIP membership (3 total)
  • Reserve Unique Character Name
  • Bronze Avatar Frame
  • Bronze Forum Badge
  • Patron Title in credits
  • Rare magical Warhorse summoning figurine [sG]
  • Dwarven Blacksmith Thrall NPC : Improved crafting [sG]
  • 3 more months VIP membership (6 total)
  • Exclusive God Statue for your personal Kingdom (your choice)
  • 1 additional character slot (4 total)
  • Silver Avatar Frame
  • Silver Forum Badge
  • Rare magical Nightmare summoning figurine [sG]
  • Access to Alpha 2
  • 6 more months VIP membership (1 year total)
  • Exclusive Kickstarter stronghold (small fortification) for your personal Kingdom
  • 1 Cottage for your personal Kingdom
  • 1 additional character slot (5 total)
  • Increase your account bank size by 20%
  • Name-A-Fallen-Hero (subject to approval)
  • Gold Avatar Frame
  • Gold Forum Badge
  • Physical Collectors Edition of Crowfall
  • 5 Years of VIP ("veteran") Membership (6 Total)
  • Reserve Guild Name
  • Access to expanded colors for Guild Heraldry creator
  • 5 bonus tax-free parcels for your personal Kingdom (5 total), starting title Knight/Lady
  • Upgrade (to medium fortification) your personal Kingdom's Kickstarter stronghold
  • Additional Cottage for your personal Kingdom (2 total)
  • 1 additional character slot (6 total)
  • Name-A-Fallen-Monarch (subject to approval)
  • Amber Avatar Frame
  • Amber Forum Badge
  • +1 Tax-Free Parcel (4 SG total) [sG]

Total VIP month = 73 , Total Tax-Free Parcels = 9

Only the 73 months of VIP will have a value of more than $1,000.

Thanks for the answers.

I am on the opinion that the rewards would have had to be all 2 levels lower. So Gold packet rewards for Bronze packet and so on. Especially if they wanna reward people trusting into them with the same ideals and which wanna share their vision and bla bla.

If I would truly think this way, i would have made all rewards available 2 levels lower for sure. And it wouldnt even cost me anything if i do so, more probably give me even more customers.

I didnt invest in kickstarter because of 2 things.

First i didnt know at all how europe get handled. All I had was the info i read somewhere, that artcraft wants to keep control over the english speaking countrys. Whatever that should have meant.

And second thing was that the rewards for the money you give werent great at all. If i give some digital things out which costs me almost nothing, I shouldnt be so restrictive with them. Especially not to people I wanna reward for their trust in me. What will a regular package be like then? I dont wanna imagine. I had the same with Trove, early supporter (Founder) did get rewards, which were praised by the devs as awesome. Then the game launches and all the starter packages have the doubled value of what you did get for the same money.

So i wouldnt wanna burn myself the already third or fourth time.

I cant make topics so this is why i post here.

The only question I got left now is what the current stretch goal means.

• Crowfall localized in 6 languages
  • German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian

Does that mean artcraft is gonna run their own servers at launch in europe and publish the game on their own in europe? Or does it only mean there will be a version of this game in 6 foreign languages?

That would be important for me to know.

Edited by Urahara

The current stretch goal means that they will localize the game client into 6 different languages.

A previous stretch goal achieved was about localizing the website into 6 different langauges + European servers for Beta + CM for oversea communities.

We got the data today from Kickstarter, and though they only included country data on reward tiers with shipping, we cleared the hurtle to the PayPal stretch goal! 

Stretch goal #1 for PayPal:  $165k (ACHIEVED)

Host servers in Europe for betas and launch

Localize the website/community in 6 languages  (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian)

Hire another community manager to focus on our overseas communities

So now we've got to get to work on this!  And start thinking about a stretch goal to localize the game too!

Thanks folks!

We'll have European servers at launch.  And I'm working to make sure they are localized too. 

Edited by courant101