Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking For The Right Guild

I feel like this is going to turn into a resume.  Oh well. 

I am looking for a Guild.  Not just any Guild, but the right Guild.  Not a perfect Guild.  Not a powerful Guild.  Just the right one.  And I feel as though there's too much potential lying around in even just this board, for me to be able to pick it for myself; rather, I believe it may be easier to see who's active in recruitment, and who actually pays attention to what they're reading. 

So, about myself, then.

I'm a Gold backer.  I'm 23, with a full time job working 8 - 4pm.  I live just outside of Toronto, Canada, which makes me EST.  Outside of regular gym visits after work, I have no further commitments in my life at this point in time, and intend on spending most of my free time in the world of Crowfall.  So take from that what you will of my availability, and whether or not that lines up with your own Guild and members.

Now, as for my history.  My first true MMO commitment was Shadowbane; I played on the server Malog, in most of the major Guilds until I settled into the one that I respected for its quality leadership; Sublime.  I'd like to leave at the door the problems some of the childish people on the server had with the Guild, and instead highlight that we were among the smallest of the organized groups around the server, and still managed to hold our own against all the other more populated Guilds. 

Since Shadowbane, I've gone on to a number of PvP oriented MMO's and done something of the same thing.  The ones I played for the longest period of time would be Aion and Guild Wars, and I've played Tera, SWTOR, FFXV, Mabinogi Heroes/Vindictus, and a few others, though I wouldn't say I got serious enough into anything but the first two to be considered experienced with the game.

I very much enjoy small group PvP, and enjoy nothing more than siege combat.  I'm at my best when I'm running with a small group of people who understand each other.  I often find myself in roles of leadership, but not direct leadership; as in asked to take charge of a group I am allocated to, or given a time sensitive objective and told to get it done however I can. 

I'm a jack of all trades when it comes to in-game play style; I can, and have, done just about every role there is, and wouldn't consider myself limited to anything.  But what I would say I excel at, is ranged DPS and front-line tanks.  What I prefer is anything with mobility and movement speed, such as the Theif in Guild Wars 2.  I enjoy scouting and hit-and-run skirmishes. 

Over voice chat, I'm typically quiet, but not without humour.  I simply live with other people, and try to avoid talking loudly/without end as a courtesy to them and our confined spaces.

What I hope to find, is a Guild that's well populated, able to make use of both my in-game skills experience, and my leadership capabilities.  A Guild who's willing to keep my educated and geared in exchange for my constant presence and willingness to participate in everything, and a Guild who's going to have a presence when I'm actually online. 

If any of this sounds appealing to you, message me here or in private.  Thank you for your time.

Noblesse Oblige

There's a lot of us running around that feel hesitance aligning to a particular guild or clan before we see their interactions in-game. It's an amusing brotherhood of sorts. I think in essence we're all searching for that right guild but as I mentioned in a previous thread of this nature it's best to try and build those relationships organically. By creating experiences and connections to the people themselves.

So I suppose my point is when/if guilds start posting here for you try and see if any are actively playing games you can jump into before CF launches. I'm personally having a blast getting to know a few guildless in Tera and Minecraft right now.

Best of luck.

Oh and I understand the mentality, don't get me wrong.  It's hard, if not almost impossible to judge a Guild without seeing how they work in game. 

But this does help me see who I should be setting my sights on.  When people respond to this, it lets me know who's actively looking and paying attention for new members.  It shows me who has initiative.  And it gives me something to look for in-game, when we get that far.

Many of the guilds actively recruiting right now won't make it into release or last beyond the first campaign.  You'll probably want to hold off on the guild search until mid alpha or the beginning of beta when people will have a better idea of what their goals will be in game.  It's just a bunch of conjecture and hooligan measuring at this point.

If you do end up hooking up with someone make sure they are actively playing other games and hang out with them for a bit.  The game is two years away, your priorities in real life could very well change by the time the game is released.

Many of the guilds actively recruiting right now won't make it into release or last beyond the first campaign.  You'll probably want to hold off on the guild search until mid alpha or the beginning of beta when people will have a better idea of what their goals will be in game.  It's just a bunch of conjecture and hooligan measuring at this point.

If you do end up hooking up with someone make sure they are actively playing other games and hang out with them for a bit.  The game is two years away, your priorities in real life could very well change by the time the game is released.

I agree, we are building a guild 6 of us but are just taking it slow i think getting to big/to fast before a game comes out is going to lead to its downfall you never know what your getting with a guild till you play with them. 

There are pitfalls to both joining now and waiting. You kind of want to hit the ground running, and joining now will help you achieve that. However, you can get into a campaign and find out that the guild you joined doesn't fit your style.

What many guilds are doing now is finding games to play until CF release so that they can get to know each other and get established. Find a guild like that.

You may also just want to wait. Some like to follow the FOTM guild and see who rises to the top, but the pitfall of that is, the guild may be a zerg, or may close recruiting, so assess who contacts you should be fine. The beauty is there is no rush for awhile (until Alpha at least :D)

Good luck. You will be a great asset to whomever you join.

Phil has a pretty good point.  The usefulness of joining a guild right now is having a group of people to collect all the info and present it in one place where you can discuss it.  Outside of that, however, you can wait until you get into the game to find a group because they'll catch you up regardless of where you're at.

OCC is recruiting. We are usually a small to medium size Shadowbane guild that, I believe, has managed to make a positive impact on the game thought its history. We believe in working as a team and that succeeding as a group is paramount. We played as lore before there was a loreplay server (for the challenge that brings) and then led as a rallying force and leadership against the zerg tactics of other larger guilds. We are always in it for the fight.

You can find us at theburninghorde.com

CF_Karg.png

Yeah I definitely know the feeling & playing the games as long as we have, we know guilds are essential to early game success and happiness. Right now I'm taking into consideration everything people have said in post like these & decided to play action based mmorpgs to get into the crow fall mindset a little (simply because I like to pvp).

I know a vast majority of us are going Alpha 2, that might be the perfect time to see guilds in action & decide... We just have to stick to our guns and stay guild less until then.

Best of Luck on your Journey

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I remember Sublime on Malog, they were our enemies (when we were allied with Cn) than they become our allies (when we changed side. Btw i didn't liked that change but our leader had that idea to try to save the server).

Good luck in Crowfall

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER