Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insidious

Crowfall: Love At First Sight!

Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself. I been playing MMO's since UO days.. grew up through Asheron's Call, DAoC, SWG, EVE Online, SWtoR and World of Warcraft. Played a bit of every other MMO to give it a shot but nothing has really found my passion like AC and DAoC did.

I dabble a bit in RTS and I'm pretty solid at MOBA's. Enjoy back story and story arch way to much, it really adds to the immersion and game play for me to know the history of my characters and their motivation.

All said and done though PvP is where I spend most of my time, find myself generally playing the Rogue, Shadowblade, Lone Wolf type. Nothing like some good warrior play here and there but much rather be lurking in the dark and mapping the deep corners of a dangerous pvp zone only to prey upon an unsuspecting player or group.

Hope to see you guys in game soon and loving everything about this game so far. Literally found it and tossed my money at it with less than 30 minutes of video, podcast and artwork viewed. I could not be more excited!

Huzzah!

Edited by Insidious

Welcome.  Nice to see another enthusiastic player with a depth of past gaming experience.

And my standard question when I see UO mentioned - what shard?

Edited by Hobs

Thanks for the welcome guys, currently I am mostly playing Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. MMO's have pretty much died off for me now, every now and then I log back on to Landmark but just really not in the mood for the current state of them. I keep debating on reactivating some of my old accounts from DAoC or AC I use to play. EVE has even lost interest for me right now... its a sad day.. 

As for UO its been hell probably 15 years since I played but I think the server I use to play on with my buddies in middle school was Lake something or other.. I think there were actually a few Lake servers but I cant remember. AC I use to play on Darktide, DAoC cant recall and I play(ed) on Bleeding Hollow most recently in WoW. SWG I was all in precombat patch but lost interest after that, and SWtoR I still play here and there now but mostly just to Warzone.

Thanks again for the welcome and be seeing you all around!

Welcome.  Nice to see another enthusiastic player with a depth of past gaming experience.

And my standard question when I see UO mentioned - what shard?

Hey Hobs. Your PAX group told me to go away. Locked me out even. And I can't direct message you on the Crowfall forum... Catch me around sometime if you like.

As for UO its been hell probably 15 years since I played but I think the server I use to play on with my buddies in middle school was Lake something or other.. I think there were actually a few Lake servers but I cant remember. AC I use to play on Darktide, DAoC cant recall and I play(ed) on Bleeding Hollow most recently in WoW. SWG I was all in precombat patch but lost interest after that, and SWtoR I still play here and there now but mostly just to Warzone.

Thanks again for the welcome and be seeing you all around!

I often think of Turning back on my daoc accounts, but i did a 7 day frree time a year or so ago.. Started fresh ended rr8 in a week.. its not the same game it use to be... Welcome to the community good to see a fellow Daoc player.

Crowfall: Love at First Sight - I know the feeling!

Hey man, DAoC was my absolute jam (Paladin). I'm about to try Champions of Regnum and see if it can give me the same satisfaction. Shrug. Not a lot of people talk about it, but it has sparked my interest.

Welcome to Crowfall, Insidious! Crowfall does sound interesting, doesn't it? I'm sure somebody who has as much MMO experience as you, will have quite a bit of success in Crowfall.

Oh, btw if you're interesting in RTS games, but like a good story. Check out Warcraft 3. It's a bit older, but the story is still quite solid.

Thanks guys!

@Hunter64 Yeah I love WC3, check out Sins of a Solar Empire if you get a chance. Fantastic RTS game but few years old also.

@a4sayknrthm I will have to check that game out, good looking out!

Welcome! I'm in the same boat with the MMOs, was running ESO but it was a big flop, themepark grind and then nothing to do as per usual. Right now i'm just killing folks in Chivalry, Dark Souls, Planetside 2 and League of Legends to get out my frustration that Crowfall isn't out yet  :angry:

x9M7iWc.png?1