Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eonwe

Join Goon Squad Today

What I want to know is, who/what are these "goons" you speak of? I know the word but is this some kind of fandom or something? (I see it on multiple forums)

BQRSX6y.jpg?1

What I want to know is, who/what are these "goons" you speak of? I know the word but is this some kind of fandom or something? (I see it on multiple forums)

It is the name for the group of people that play games together that are users/posters on the Something Awful forums. Something Awful is a comedy website that has existed since 1999. The forums are known for being strict and costs 10$ to even register an account, but due to that are also known for being high quality and forming strong bonds in the group as a whole. Trolls don't last long on the Something Awful forums.

The Goons or "Goon Squad" have an overall negative reputation in games they join, because they tend to bring a lot of people to the games they get into, with a good chunk of them actually being skilled, and "zerg" around in a giant death ball generally crushing the competition in whatever server they join or at least putting up a very good fight. They also have a reputation for dishing out some serious trash talk and being elitist snobs about outsiders.

Personally I have had mixed encounters with them over the years. I have been stomped by them and corpse camped and told I was human garbage before. I have also had tons of fun battles against them where they were respectful, as well as times of playing on the same side as them and good times were had. My current experience with them is playing on the Emerald Server on Planetside 2. Anytime I see a Goon Squad outfit on the opposing faction I know we are going to have a fun fight.

In conclusion, they are your standard group of people that play games together that know each other from a forum. If any of that is incorrect feel free to correct me Eonwe.

i do want to make it clear that goons aren't some dominant guild or anything

they do pretty well in EVE and like we all paid $10 to post on a message board

thats really all goons are, i just like to see people's reactions like the guy who said we ruined star citizen (a fake game lol)

100% correct;  All the rumors and propaganda are just that, rumors and propaganda, all the garbage you hear about goonswarm is residue, nay, the ruins left floating around the interwebs in the aftermath of of events which occurred in a video game called EVE Online that happened nay 5 years ago.  

I've chatted with key members of Goonswarm Federation in EVE, I've even gone on a few roams with members of goons, the only thing which unites them is their membership of SomethingAweful, other than that there is no difference between them and people in Test Alliance, or Pandemic Legion or any other big group of people in the game.  Except the only real difference is likely the aptitude and quality of the leadership, simply put Goons have a fantastic leadership base in that game, that's the simple reality of it.

Goons form community's in many games, but their not all from EVE nor most of them even play EVE.

(For the record I am not a goon, too cheap to fork out $10 to join a forum)

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

It is the name for the group of people that play games together that are users/posters on the Something Awful forums. Something Awful is a comedy website that has existed since 1999. The forums are known for being strict and costs 10$ to even register an account, but due to that are also known for being high quality and forming strong bonds in the group as a whole. Trolls don't last long on the Something Awful forums.

The Goons or "Goon Squad" have an overall negative reputation in games they join, because they tend to bring a lot of people to the games they get into, with a good chunk of them actually being skilled, and "zerg" around in a giant death ball generally crushing the competition in whatever server they join or at least putting up a very good fight. They also have a reputation for dishing out some serious trash talk and being elitist snobs about outsiders.

Personally I have had mixed encounters with them over the years. I have been stomped by them and corpse camped and told I was human garbage before. I have also had tons of fun battles against them where they were respectful, as well as times of playing on the same side as them and good times were had. My current experience with them is playing on the Emerald Server on Planetside 2. Anytime I see a Goon Squad outfit on the opposing faction I know we are going to have a fun fight.

In conclusion, they are your standard group of people that play games together that know each other from a forum. If any of that is incorrect feel free to correct me Eonwe.

Thanks for the introduction, I didn't really know who goons were and how Something Awful worked.  :)

Edited by courant101

Thanks for the introduction, I didn't really know who goons were and how Something Awful worked.  :)

It's not something you really want to actively seek or know. They're a necessary evil.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

It's not something you really want to actively seek or know. They're a necessary evil.

I believe everyone tries to be "good", the more evil someone seems to me, the farther I see myself and him from the "middle ground".

I believe everyone tries to be "good", the more evil someone seems to me, the farther I see myself and him from the "middle ground".

Poor Courant. Poor poor Courant. How sweet and naive your soul is before the Goons come trample it. If only I could shield you from this aspect of the internet community.

They're chaotic evil. You can't rationalize Goons. They're more of a force of nature. :)

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

nah its pretty good

we're just regular dudes who paid $10 to post on a message board

gtlLXYT.png

Just so you know, it costs 10 dollars to subscribe to Something Awful.

What are the perks?

well by subscribing to SA you can read the message boards (you have to pay extra to post - You can either do another monthly sub or buy packs of posts - Its $5 for 50 posts at the moment)

gtlLXYT.png

Pretty good although one thing should be pointed out. There is no one group of goons that moves from game to game and every incarnation of goons in a game is going to be different. In fact most, goons don't actually know each other as there are simply too many.

Edited by Niedar

You're always open recruiting. Quantity has a quality all it's own.

You can't be a green tide zerg without hundreds of players spamming "WAAAAAGH!!"

Especially in a non tab to target auto seeking attack/magic title where spam AoE overlay into a choke point can equate to denial of access and tactical advantage.

Think early DFO and Needles.

It's not a proper Title until the Goons mess it up for everyone. 

All you need to know is watch out for Mittens (Aka: Mitriani) and Section 52.