Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kell

Far Too Quiet...

Since the Kickstarter finished up and things slowed down, I've mostly heard only bad news hidden under little news at all. More explanation of auxiliary systems which were pretty much given anyway don't really feel meaningful, while little confessions about how the unique races like Centaur and Fae not really having full equestrian mobility or real flight respectively just ruins some of the most exciting things, revealing that they're more tease than substance.

Nothings been discussed to confirm the substance players are craving for the actual combat, little is being released as far as information goes, and the subtle confessions just makes me hope the games even worth the money that's already been spent. Without any developer dialogue, the forums seem futile.

I appreciate that the development cycle will have and ebb and flow of information as they do work and to relax between announcements... but for me, those little things are huge disappointments, my initial draw to this game was the Centaur, I expected a strategically unique archetype that allowed the game to operate in a very asymmetric fashion... We'll see >.>

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Just counting the days till we reach the stretch  goal to play a pig race.. I think its the only one we are missing in order to have a full farm.

That would be the Ork. They are pig like.

Overall, I'm not worried about the information, or perceived lack of that is coming out. We knew going into the KS that we were 2 years away. That is a long time, which would indicate that the game is in it's VERY early stages of development.

I was more implying that the Minotaur section was quiet compared to the other Archetypes, and they don't have anymore information than this class. Nothing more than a little Archetype interest bonding is all I am looking for :D

With that said... we all do need more information, and I am optimistic that in the next very few months, we will start getting our "hunger" for information satiated.

Edited by Kell

I am glad they announced Minotaur as a tank, it greatly diversifies the tank selection and he seems to have the size to contend with any damage dealer. But with such vague descriptions of characters, it's hard to really enjoy the archetypes, the most unique ones are getting marginalized, so until they give us something good, it's hard to be optimistic about vagary... 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I am glad they announced Minotaur as a tank, it greatly diversifies the tank selection and he seems to have the size to contend with any damage dealer. But with such vague descriptions of characters, it's hard to really enjoy the archetypes, the most unique ones are getting marginalized, so until they give us something good, it's hard to be optimistic about vagary... 

My confessor is a fire based. ranged damage dealer.     That is all the true information I have.       Unless  you want to speculate, not much more to say right now.    I get ya, I don't like to speculate much either.

Just counting the days till we reach the stretch  goal to play a pig race.. I think its the only one we are missing in order to have a full farm.

Can't have a farm without aracoix. I mean chickens.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I never knew I wanted a Minotaur archetype until they announced it, before that I was not sure what archetype I was going to play until I laid eyes on that minotaur stretch goal. It was at that moment that I knew the Minotaur was the archetype for me.

49f09d222564bbb5af48776bbbc981a0af081b9f

I'm going to agree with the majority here, hard to get hyped over speculation. Though, I'm not freaking out like some and worrying if I wasted my money. We are still 15 months away from release and I wouldn't be disappointed if it got pushed back in order for them to make the game correctly the first time.

Elder Scrolls Online - Templar/Nightblade Mains      Guild Wars 2 - Necromancer/Thief Mains    http://www.twitch.tv/sommazzatore

had to check before I posted chickens XD Also goats as a bard type class would work.

Came here to say this. We need birds to make it a complete farm. Pigs, cows, birds, deer. You could have a guild called "Old McDonald's Farm" made up of archetypes of only those types hehehe

I represent The Guardians! 

LIBERTAS ARA AMPLUS

Camraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I'm really excited about this class, a seemingly shield-less mitigation tank was what i was looking for! I don't want to block, i just want to chop at fools.

Given the infrequency of shields and the fact that they're called Myrmidons, that would be a tragedy...

Since the Legio has gone full My Little Pony: Friendship Magic on us, I am now defecting to the next potentially unique archetype--the mighty Myrmidon!  Let's hope I don't bring the same curse down upon the Minotaur.  I will hunt down the weak, wet nurse horse-men and feast upon their flesh!  *insert rage-filled bestial war cry here* 

The Artist Formerly Known as Regulus