Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghoul31

Everyone Here Should Be Playing Shadowbane

Crowfall will be VERY different from Shadowbane. Sure, some of the underlying mechanics might be the same, but when it comes to the actual gameplay, they are gonna be as far apart as possible.

You could pretty much play Shadowbane with 1 hand while clicking. That won't be possible at all in Crowfall.

7ug90hM.png

Raph Koster is the key game system designer behind Crowfall.

The lack of his name in Shadowbane's credits is significant.

Formerly Scin Karetyr, a native of Chilastra in Star Wars Galaxies

and this one migrates to it's proper Home...

that being said...imo...neither of the operating emuated Servers I am Aware of are what I personally would define as Shadowbane

your mileage may vary. ..

Edited by doc gonzo

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

I'm sorry but, where the custard did you get this info from?

Koster isn't even a full time employee of ACE.

As for the OP, no.

HUH?    He is a consultant.  Ever heard of Todd Coleman and Gordon Walton?   They are the BIG guys here.   Look it up.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I'm sorry but, where the custard did you get this info from?

Koster isn't even a full time employee of ACE.

As for the OP, no.

as opposed to the lead Dev...J Todd hisself....

who WAS an alpha in the Wolfpack

just to set the record straight. ...and to be even moar disagreeable. ...

CF is VERY far from being SB2

just sayin' ...

FIQw0eP.png

The Magicbane emulator runs great. Almost perfectly, in fact. Its current server iteration, however, has long outlived its usefulness. There will supposedly be a server wipe soon, hopefully within the next month or so. I would suggest that everyone here who has the slightest interest in getting involved in some awesome PvP and GvG combat check out Magicbane after its next server wipe. There will surely be some fine sieges, and there may even be some interesting political scheming if the server attracts a decent sized population.

I would recommend checking out the Shadowbane Emulator as well, but its server suffers from stability issues that are never encountered on Magicbane's server. The RiF ruleset is something new and different, although it requires some improvement. Once SBEMU eliminates its performance issues, it will provide a fun time for all.

I think that it's a shame that the Shadowbane community of players in general cannot benefit from a Magicbane server for its performance and the SBEMU community for its guild diversity at the same time. Until that day arrives (if ever), it may be worth logging into MB right now if you want to dust off the cob-webs for the next server iteration. The Zhentil Keep goons are on all of the time and provide very easy target practice.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

CF is VERY far from being SB2

While this is probably true... from everything I've seen so far with Crowfall, it appears that everything is a direct result of things they've learned from SB.  And if they were actually making SB2 instead of Crowfall, I'd bet SB2 would be looking exactly like Crowfall is looking to be.  Sequels don't have to play just like the original.

and this one migrates to it's proper Home...

that being said...imo...neither of the operating emuated Servers I am Aware of are what I personally would define as Shadowbane

your mileage may vary. ..

its.  Seriously - just have to learn this once.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I do it just to annoy you....

but cereally. ..that time it was my phones choice and I missed it...and naow...well...I gotta leave ot as is don't I?

/hides

FIQw0eP.png

If you have an issue with how the Crowfall moderation team uses grammar, please don't post about it in the forums.

Either send them a PM or e-mail mavisbeacon@crowfall.com or rosettastone@crowfall.com

Thanks!

lol..yes..moar recruitment attempts for sheep to try out Uncle Bob's private server....

thanks for the giggles

I actually play both emulators and support both projects. As of right now I don't even play MB at all. I try not to be a partisan for either, at least today. It may have been a different story back when I wasn't allowed to play SBEMU.

In any case, there is nothing written in my post which isn't true. When you've actually played both emulators, you may have an opinion worth contributing. For the time being, though, you're speaking from a position of complete ignorance - which is just business as usual for you, it seems.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

If you have an issue with how the Crowfall moderation team uses grammar, please don't post about it in the forums.

Either send them a PM or e-mail mavisbeacon@crowfall.com or rosettastone@crowfall.com

Thanks!

What about moderators who, in addition to using terrible grammar, make a concerted effort to antagonize a particular community member as a result of resentment over events in a previous (and dead) game? :D

4H4LmCE.gif

What about moderators who, in addition to using terrible grammar, make a concerted effort to antagonize a particular community member as a result of resentment over events in a previous (and dead) game? :D

Sounds like PvP to me.

Sounds like PvP to me.

That is virtually indisputable. Trust me, however, when I state that this docgonzo goober probably shouldn't be a moderator. It's probably a bad idea to put anyone from his guild in such positions, as the QFT guild has a history of seeking and using moderator positions for the purpose of silencing and discriminating against their in-game political opponents.

I'm presuming that the moderator position is to be an ethical one, though. If that is the case, it's a little weird seeing the member(s) of a guild with the worst ethical reputation in Shadowbane (at least after the R30's server hacking nonsense) serving as moderator on the CF forums.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif