Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ghoul31

Everyone Here Should Be Playing Shadowbane

well, you certainly do love the sound of your own typing...that's beyond any argument...

read what i type very carefully rather than projecting and you might find some of the very answers you are asking for...

now...i did say "fabricate"...which is to make something yes?

did i ever say you fabricated an assertion not based on facts?

nope...i defy you to find me a quote to such effect...if so i will look it over and either laugh at you for getting it wrong...or admit any mistake i make (as is my wont, my track record alone proves that beyond doubt)...and take it from there...

That was my characterization of what you wrote, not a direct quote. I thought that was pretty obvious. A direct quote would be "silly things like facts or the evidence available to any who have read the CF forums....just reminds me that some folks who try to forumbane may type a lot and fabricate more intricately than an episode of Mad Men....but still fail abysmally to influence anyone with a functional brain." Admittedly, that series of sentences is somewhat difficult to decipher (for obvious reasons). Despite the awkward mode of expression, I think it's pretty clear that you're talking both to and about me, although use of the third person here makes it a bit ambiguous. You must be talking about me, actually; going by your old posts addressed to me, statements about me "typing a lot" and supposedly not "influencing anyone with a functional brain" are a recurring theme.

my commentary previously clearly stated what i did and did not know...i did so BEFORE you tried to call me out on it in that Thread, and restated my position to correct any errors or misconception...so there goes that attempt at spin by using "baseless"

Yes, you indicated that you cannot speak about anything concerning QFT before you joined, but then made a fallacious claim about an incident involving QFT before you joined, lol.

same for the second part of the same thing...i've tried both emulators...and have stayed out of both since, so i only talk about what i found when i did try them...yes? again...quote me saying differently...good luck

Really? Who did you play with on SBEMU, and for how long? The same question can be asked regarding MB. Did you even participate in a siege in either emulator? I can see that you registered on the MB forums to write a whopping 3 posts over the course of 2 days. I highly doubt you played MB sufficiently enough to form an actually informed opinion, but I could be wrong.

"some sort of lying spinster"....again you are projecting...yes, i did say you spin...do you deny it?

I'm not projecting as I base the assertion off your own words. As you admit, you write of my "insipid spin attempts." To answer your question, yes, I don't "spin" anything. My commentary about Shadowbane events on this forum are detached and objective. This isn't a Shadowbane server political forum, and I don't have an interest in spinning anything.

I see that you've once again hopped onto another thread just to interject in another discussion I was having with a third party concerning Shadowbane events you know nothing about. I've never encountered a forum moderator who was this obsessed with my discussions with other people. You're worse than a clingy girlfriend with a fear of abandonment. GOML and GOMN, please.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Doomgrim, speak not of things you know not of.

This is all I've asked of docgonzo, actually. It's a hopeless request, though.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

ah...the hot tub level rises moar...

just going to number the paragraphs here, you always win sheer volume of word count...

1) inj the "series of sentences" you quoted, which is not the one you have in the quote previous to the paragraph....it is partially about you in that you share some of the same methodology (yes, the wordiness) used by the type of Forumbaner i am talking about at that moment...in fact, from now on i will categorize Forumbaners by "Disciplines".... and the first one will be called the MaT rune...Wordiness is can go to GM and is based on the Disc focus

but i digress...

2) you say "fallacious claim"...check again there sparkles, i'm fairly confident i made no "claim" fallacious or otherwise...iirc all i did was make a statement actually agreeing with your version about the 3 TaN mino, and then stated it was only ever level one...had not ever been logged in and was Reported to SBG...i'm pretty sure that's it...but as i always say....find me a direct Quote saying different, and i'll freely admit if/when i am wrong....but just claiming i made a "fallacious claim" proves nothing...what claim? link?

moving on...

3) EMU? Purple Cobras was our tag...ask the Validation guys...lol, brief stint for me to try it out...but i have known Red October (otlichno) since Mourning, always a good guy and he invited me previously, so when QFT decided to give it a try i did.... we did quite a few sieges there, performance was ok, and about ok overall for my time there....nothing great, nothing awful...playable, imo

i did not spend much time at all on the MB server....it ran smooth for what i did see, no performance issues or huge glitches during my time, overall i would say it was running better than the EMU...but i didn't try a siege there, just not interested in the drama/politics of the server and after the EMU i have no further desire to play SB....especially not on any private server, which is not something i normally do anyway for various reasons...

4) so...for the Record here...you are saying you have not tried to either spin, or play politics on these Forums?

curious, since that is precisely why i chimed in...for all appearances it looked like instance #8754764 of your relentless siege (/golfclap) involving dredging up actual incidents from about 10 years ago....adding in unfounded speculation, stirring in a few founded bits of speculation and then spewing Illiads of half truths against QFT, or alternately raging on about how insignificant and scrub a "goober" i am with lots of looking down on OPP and yet crowing about a trainer city you legitimately took from Blas in what...'07?   huzzah! you took a Tree....you get a gold star, snowflake....

and finally... your clever tries at various bullying tactics so i'll stop pointing out your attempts at spinning and politics by trying to "shame" me in differing tactics to see what may work in order to stifle dissenting political pressure in order for you to sway as much public opinion and cast as much doubt as you can....

it's some decent *work* in total...credit where it's due....but here's the Thing....

there's some folks here like Ashen and BenWP who can answer authoritatively about the Reality of what actually happened way back when...

there's the fact that on both Malog and Thurin, QFT was there and did a few things....no FC gear, no "Mods POWAHS" no nothing....

and then there's my wide open track record here on the Crowfall Forums

i'm good with all of that, but hey...there's still room for moar tears in the hot tub.....!

Edited by doc gonzo
cain't schpell

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

2) you say "fallacious claim"...check again there sparkles, i'm fairly confident i made no "claim" fallacious or otherwise...iirc all i did was make a statement actually agreeing with your version about the 3 TaN mino, and then stated it was only ever level one...had not ever been logged in and was Reported to SBG...i'm pretty sure that's it...but as i always say....find me a direct Quote saying different, and i'll freely admit if/when i am wrong....but just claiming i made a "fallacious claim" proves nothing...what claim? link?

moving on...

Before I even quote your OP on this matter, I just want to state that if that hacked character was reported to SBG, it wasn't done by QFT out of the kindness of their hearts to benefit server or game health. Those specific characters were actually created by a CCR who was playing with QFT at the time, going by "OMGWTH" or "Retres." Now let's look at what you said:

yeah yeah....which did indeed have 3 tan runes...

and was level one...

and had been reported...

and had never logged in....

but still some must crai like it was a big deal. ...

This post suggests that you believe that (1) this minotaur was the only QFT character with stacked starting runes; (2) that someone reported these characters before QFT utilized them; (3) that characters such as this minotaur were never logged in to benefit QFT; and (4) it wasn't a big deal.

I will state at the outset that the video released by the player who (illegally) obtained access to QFT's forums posted a video showing only one of these minotaurs; however, that was the only account that the user obtained access to. The fact that this user only obtained access to one account to make one video about one character != QFT only had one of these characters. Since you weren't in QFT at the time, I guess you never had the opportunity to realize that my own guild benefited from the membership of a number of QFT defectors. Varg actually defected twice, and after the second time he defected he had a number of finished characters that benefited from the stacked creation runes. It wasn't just with TaN, either, as Varg had characters with stacked Lucky runes at creation.

Since some QFT members used these characters during sieges and mine fights, I would say that it was a pretty big deal. Hopefully this is the last time I have to type anything related to this issue.

curious, since that is precisely why i chimed in...for all appearances it looked like instance #8754764 of your relentless siege (/golfclap) involving dredging up actual incidents from about 10 years ago....adding in unfounded speculation, stirring in a few founded bits of speculation and then spewing Illiads of half truths against QFT, or alternately raging on about how insignificant and scrub a "goober" i am with lots of looking down on OPP and yet crowing about a trainer city you legitimately took from Blas in what...'07?   huzzah! you took a Tree....you get a gold star, snowflake....

There was nothing in these posts that was unfounded, speculative, or half true. Re-read the posts if you'd like to, because I'm not going to re-explain all of that again. Any and all assertions I made regarding QFT from when I played the game were unequivocally true.

I get to crow about the trainer city because it was defended by OPP and QFT in unison, and ye lost despite the nut-cupping. As I said before, though, OPP was terrible.

there's some folks here like Ashen and BenWP who can answer authoritatively about the Reality of what actually happened way back when...

They sure can, if they were in fact around for those events. Here's the thing, though: practically everyone who played on the Mourning server already knows about these things.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

This game is basically Shadowbane 2

So if you are interested in this game you should be playing Shadowbane

I did, for 5 years. I think I'm happy to see what has been learned in over a decade and applied to the model :)

wow...some editing there, eh?

paragraph 1) "Before I even quote your OP on this matter, I just want to state that if that hacked character was reported to SBG, it wasn't done by QFT out of the kindness of their hearts to benefit server or game health. Those specific characters were actually created by a CCR who was playing with QFT at the time, going by "OMGWTH" or "Retres." Now let's look at what you said:"

yep...i know, OMG is fun folks, imo...and knows his stuff, afaik he is still enjoying EVE...the bit here i wanted to point out is bolded...pure custarding spin here, you see...even if your allegation is 100% correct, you have NO WAY of knowing or proving it at all...ever...so the ONLY reason to type out that sentence of pure speculation is political spin....but you say elsewhere (and i can get you the Quote if you like) that you do NOT spin, or bother with politics here on the CF forums

so there's that...

paragraph 2) you say "suggests that you believe"....stick to what i type there sparkles, things will go a lot smoother...i know Varg defected, as have others over the years...but this para is some pretty tricksy stuff you are trying...

you say "I will state at the outset that the video released by the player who (illegally) obtained access to QFT's forums posted a video showing only one of these minotaurs;" absolutely correct, no argument has ever been given about this...it's the next bits that are problematical...

you say "Varg actually defected twice, and after the second time he defected he had a number of finished characters that benefited from the stacked creation runes. It wasn't just with TaN, either, as Varg had characters with stacked Lucky runes at creation."  - again...no argument from me here...completely accurate as far as i know....and what does this prove folks?

that Varg knew the exploit and used it...period, that's all it proved...yes? you are also clear that this was his second time around...was he actively spying for you guys when he came back ?  since if he was, and i'm guessing here it's a yes...then it does cast doubt on any hearsay provided by said spy...especially if the only proof are his toons alone...in fact it could be speculated that part of him being sent back would be to try some mischief using a hacked toon while simply flying the QFT tags, yes?  slick move if so... /golfclap

now after that you say "Since some QFT members used these characters during sieges and mine fights, I would say that it was a pretty big deal." - i completely agree that would indeed be a very big deal, it would be a deal breaker for me if i ever saw such a thing happen....and either that toon would get deleted, or i'd be errant....in this statement you allege that some members used these toons...i need to see some Proof of this one, or is this just another "guess" based on the fact that you think it happened...

this one is important, if you have proof a toon like that was used in a Fight, put it up or PM it to me or whatever you like. otherwise i have to say i find it difficult to just take your word for it...but i am open to looking at whatever you have and will call it like i see it IF you have proof...not "it makes sense to me" or "it's what they would have done"...or anything like that

i do agree that hopefully this is the last time for this particular Dance...

and finally in the last para you say "They sure can, if they were in fact around for those events. Here's the thing, though: practically everyone who played on the Mourning server already knows about these things."

HUGE difference between actual objective Reality, that can be gotten from folks like Ashen or Ben who were there working for SBG and "what everyone on the Mourning server knows"....which is the product of the facts and all the spin from folks like you....as well as the folks in QFT at the time this all went down...

so yeah, forgive me if i don't take your word for it all....and anyone actually interested in the facts might want to ask Ashen or Ben themselves in a polite PM request and hope they don't fireball you in the face for bothering them...

soooOOOooOOOOoOOOOooo... unless you've got some proof about the one bit, can we say we're done with this particular piece of History that only came up because you dredged it out of the muck to begin with?

FIQw0eP.png

The thought behind Shadowbane seems to be kept alive in Crowfall, but gameplay wise it's far more similair to games like Tera and Wildstar.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

The thought behind Shadowbane seems to be kept alive in Crowfall, but gameplay wise it's far more similair to games like Tera and Wildstar.

a bit too early to tell there yet as far as gameplay, imo...

but it does seem that things like character creation are very much SB....whereas manual aiming is more the way Wildstar/Tera/Darkfall does it

the tricky bits we don't know have to do with the rest of Combat besides aiming, until we get that kind of info than it's all just guessing at this point, eh?

FIQw0eP.png

a bit too early to tell there yet as far as gameplay, imo...

but it does seem that things like character creation are very much SB....whereas manual aiming is more the way Wildstar/Tera/Darkfall does it

the tricky bits we don't know have to do with the rest of Combat besides aiming, until we get that kind of info than it's all just guessing at this point, eh?

Kinda guessing, of course.

But the developers have shown their interest in games like Tera/Wildstar and Darkfall styled combat.

So it's quite safe to assume it will be sorta like that.

Also, yeah, character creation is almost an exact copy of the Shadowbane system with the different positive and negative perks you can choose to enhance your character, or atleast what they've shown and told us so far.

Can't wait for the first alpha footage to show what they've decided to do with the combat.

Edited by suckingdoge

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I honestly dont know how ill handle a manual aiming setup. Ive never really played anything like that. Ill learn though, if CF has the same kind of political game, intrigue, and 'playing for keeps' feel as SB.

PFq3vWQ.png

as I stated, feel free to send any complaints/problems to any Mod or email support@crowfall.com

as for the rest...thank the All Father that such policy decisions are not up to you or dependent on your opinions...

"I would have passed this thread over if not for your behavior." - this does not help your case at all....how could you "pass this thread over" and yet be in the thread to read my typing?

did you mean you just randomly wandered into the SB forum, randomly clicked the link to this thread...read it....and THEN "passed it over" if not for my posting?

or did you mean you did randomly do all that to get here and the only reason you posted was to kvetch?

just curious...but no need to reply if you don't feel like it....don't wanna ruffle yer fluffy feathers...

Passed over, as in glanced at, saw two people having a chest-puffing content.  No interest.  However one had a moderator tag, so interest peaked.

And Have done exactly as you have suggested, so my part in this is done.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

I would suggest you get a handle without "forum moderator" plastered on the avatar. There is no such thing as "personal" when wearing an official logo/pin/title. I care little for your so called politics Or your beef with this other guy. I would have passed this thread over if not for your behavior.

From my understanding, they are old rivals from Shadowbane, probably two people who contributed a lot in the political aspects of the game, and most likely that some of those political activities escalated into verbal duels, war of chat and epic forum joust.

Complaining about the way he has responded to managainsttime is acceptable by me, but suggesting that, solely based on this, his messages shouldn't be posted from a moderator account is unreasonable for me.

Doc Gonzo spend countless hours to make this community better, to help people, to make a positive impact on the forums. That's how people see Doc Gonzo, I'm pretty sure, and it's how it reflects on ACE too.

Dear OP,

Can I please borrow your time machine allowing people to play SB?  I have some bets and lottery tickets to purchase.

Sincerely,

Agelmar

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Raph Koster is the key game system designer behind Crowfall.

The lack of his name in Shadowbane's credits is significant.

You best be trolling.

I honestly dont know how ill handle a manual aiming setup. Ive never really played anything like that. Ill learn though, if CF has the same kind of political game, intrigue, and 'playing for keeps' feel as SB.

It wont. 

wow...some editing there, eh?

paragraph 1) "Before I even quote your OP on this matter, I just want to state that if that hacked character was reported to SBG, it wasn't done by QFT out of the kindness of their hearts to benefit server or game health. Those specific characters were actually created by a CCR who was playing with QFT at the time, going by "OMGWTH" or "Retres." Now let's look at what you said:"

yep...i know, OMG is fun folks, imo...and knows his stuff, afaik he is still enjoying EVE...the bit here i wanted to point out is bolded...pure custarding spin here, you see...even if your allegation is 100% correct, you have NO WAY of knowing or proving it at all...ever...so the ONLY reason to type out that sentence of pure speculation is political spin....but you say elsewhere (and i can get you the Quote if you like) that you do NOT spin, or bother with politics here on the CF forums

Here's the thing - your assertion that QFT reported these characters with hacked starting runes is also PURE speculation, and cannot be known or proved at all. In fact, that assertion is completely made up. If QFT actually reported those characters, they wouldn't have existed when their forums were leaked, and accordingly all of that controversy over the minotaur with the triple TaN runes would have never transpired. Basically, the evidence that does exist actually suggests that QFT never reported these hacked characters to SBG, and this notion that they did make such a report is absolutely baseless. If you can prove me wrong, I'd be happy to apologize for my mistake. I would love to see the proof that QFT reported these characters to SBG. The reality, though, is that this "reporting" never happened as QFT wasn't going to risk getting any of their members or resident CCR in any trouble.

you say "Varg actually defected twice, and after the second time he defected he had a number of finished characters that benefited from the stacked creation runes. It wasn't just with TaN, either, as Varg had characters with stacked Lucky runes at creation."  - again...no argument from me here...completely accurate as far as i know....and what does this prove folks?

that Varg knew the exploit and used it...period, that's all it proved...yes? you are also clear that this was his second time around...was he actively spying for you guys when he came back ?  since if he was, and i'm guessing here it's a yes...then it does cast doubt on any hearsay provided by said spy...especially if the only proof are his toons alone...in fact it could be speculated that part of him being sent back would be to try some mischief using a hacked toon while simply flying the QFT tags, yes?  slick move if so... /golfclap

now after that you say "Since some QFT members used these characters during sieges and mine fights, I would say that it was a pretty big deal." - i completely agree that would indeed be a very big deal, it would be a deal breaker for me if i ever saw such a thing happen....and either that toon would get deleted, or i'd be errant....in this statement you allege that some members used these toons...i need to see some Proof of this one, or is this just another "guess" based on the fact that you think it happened...

this one is important, if you have proof a toon like that was used in a Fight, put it up or PM it to me or whatever you like. otherwise i have to say i find it difficult to just take your word for it...but i am open to looking at whatever you have and will call it like i see it IF you have proof...not "it makes sense to me" or "it's what they would have done"...or anything like that

How would I prove that QFT used hacked characters in sieges? In order to display the stats of such characters, I would have had to have been able to access the accounts for these respective characters. You're asking for a form of evidence that is impossible for me to provide. Feel free to keep your ears covered as you keep repeating "it didn't happen show me the proof it didn't happen show me the proof it didn't happen show me the proof." You should already know this, but there was never any way in Shadowbane for someone to assess the stats, abilities, or starting runes of an enemy character. Your request for such evidence is outright disingenuous.

As I said before, my knowledge about the use of these characters comes from players who played in QFT like Varg and sabotage. According to them, QFT completed characters with stacked runes and used them at banes. As I said before, Varg still had a character with stacked Lucky runes from his tenure in QFT. If you still refuse to believe that QFT leveled up these characters, there's still this gem:

XAnnPtI.png?1

sFta8HE.png?1

Yeah, that exchange sure does make it sound like QFT had no intent to use the accounts and rather sought to report them to SBG immediately!

The practice of active denial at this level is going to be tough to reverse - we need to get you away from the QFT cult kool-aid for a bit and somehow deprogram you to bring you back into reality.

soooOOOooOOOOoOOOOooo... unless you've got some proof about the one bit, can we say we're done with this particular piece of History that only came up because you dredged it out of the muck to begin with?

Yes, I'm going to assume that this dance is the last one, unless you can produce at least a scintilla of evidence to back up your claims. I'm not going to hold my breath. You are still yet to make a single assertion that is based on facts or evidence. I don't know where you went to school, "Doc," but denying certain allegations repeatedly, followed by completely making up events out of thin air doesn't make for a compelling argument.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

From my understanding, they are old rivals from Shadowbane, probably two people who contributed a lot in the political aspects of the game, and most likely that some of those political activities escalated into verbal duels, war of chat and epic forum joust.

We are not rivals - the term "rival" suggests a similar level of quality or distinction - Mr. Gonzo has never been close to my level in-game or on forumbane. He has been obsessed with me for quite a long time, seething with ressentiment. QFT and my own guild were arguably rivals at one point, but he wasn't even in QFT in those days.

4H4LmCE.gif

We are not rivals - the term "rival" suggests a similar level of quality or distinction - Mr. Gonzo has never been close to my level in-game or on forumbane. He has been obsessed with me for quite a long time, seething with ressentiment. QFT and my own guild were arguably rivals at one point, but he wasn't even in QFT in those days.

By rival, I mean opponent, not "a person who equals another in quality".