Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolaz

Can I Make My Ek Look Like Mordor?

I don't think the art style will change much from what we've seen besides seasons.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I don't think the art style will change much from what we've seen besides seasons.

This. It's likely to share tilesets between campaigns and EKs, at least at first. We'll see what may come down the line.

I personally don't see things so black and white, I mean you can have very beautiful pink/cream/sand/white castles which are anything but ponies and sweet candy.

And there are a lot of examples of it in existing fantasy.  But that's my viewpoint, my idea of a "dark brooding castle" is to but simply change the atmosphere and lighting, done.

If you want to go the full blown black stone walls and lava filled moats and you like that sort of thing?  I'd think it would be a shame if the developers don't add that.  With that said, I've already seen similar in the videos, would be silly if they didn't extend the sort of buildings you see in the Campaign world to also be available to you in your EK.

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

Now in GLORIOUS 'HDvisioning60fpsblahg'

------------(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)------------

I think EK customization and, in a way, grooming, should be important.  There are many styles of biomes and architectures players should be able to have at least some choice in what they want.  A desert fortress atop a dusty mesa, for instance, or a series of villages in a dense jungle.

I personally don't see things so black and white, I mean you can have very beautiful pink/cream/sand/white castles which are anything but ponies and sweet candy.

And there are a lot of examples of it in existing fantasy.  But that's my viewpoint, my idea of a "dark brooding castle" is to but simply change the atmosphere and lighting, done.

If you want to go the full blown black stone walls and lava filled moats and you like that sort of thing?  I'd think it would be a shame if the developers don't add that.  With that said, I've already seen similar in the videos, would be silly if they didn't extend the sort of buildings you see in the Campaign world to also be available to you in your EK.

I'm kinda into the mountain fortress sort of thing. :) We'll see what's available.

I dont want my EK to look like Hello Kitty and Princess Barbie threw up everywhere.  Can I get my EK to look darker and more foreboding?

I can see EK cosmetic customization options as a great addition to the cash shop.

No worries, I don't expect a game with such a dark and depressing backstory to have Hello Kitty styled assets.

Also, perhaps they'll put some different asset styles in the cash shops for players to customize their EK's to their liking.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I dont want my EK to look like Hello Kitty and Princess Barbie threw up everywhere.  Can I get my EK to look darker and more foreboding?

Going to make Princess Barbie my EK admin character and macro the throwup animation (hopefully there is one). EK will be open pvp also.

PFq3vWQ.png

desert like ruins for me but well... doubt I will see it. 

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

I can see EK cosmetic customization options as a great addition to the cash shop.

I have to agree. Since the EK is our fantasyland, and if it is meant to be our own personal little kingdom that doesn't have real impact on the campaigns, highly customizable variances would be a great cash shop item, and most honestly would be a great money maker for ACE...which I am all for. We want this game to be successful and for ACE to make money. EK customization options is a great way to achieve that without cries of P2W.

Let's face it...whether you agree or not, housing is something that many people get into, and are willing to pay for extras.

(While EK has little interest to me personally, I don't have a problem with them, and could see them being of high value to lots of others, so if their popularity bring to the overall health and success of the game, I'm all for it)

Edited by Kell

I was gonna ask this question as well... Different biomes would be amazing, i kinda have this vision of my EK being a northern climate with lotsa mountains and boreal forests... which now that i look at it is kinda depressing cause i live in northern alberta... which is close to the mountains and is covered in boreal forests... lame

maybe i should think about a mordor as well... to you know... change it up a bit lol