Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zymurgeist

Multiboxing.

Is there a plan to deal with multiboxing with it's handmaidens keycloning and macros? There are obvious financial benefits to allowing it but I get really tired of facing fifty man armies made up of five people. Tell me you've at least limited it to one instance of the game running on each computer.

CF_Osgyth.png

Is there a plan to deal with multiboxing with it's handmaidens keycloning and macros? There are obvious financial benefits to allowing it but I get really tired of facing fifty man armies made up of five people. Tell me you've at least limited it to one instance of the game running on each computer.

Multiboxing should be allowed. Keycloning should not.

There is only a max of 6 character slots. Why should I be told no from playing everything? 

Edited by handies

The main deterrent that comes to mind is that there WILL be character collision and friendly fire. Both will make multiboxing over 2 characters difficult.

As for macroing, it depends on what you mean. I believe the limited inventory will make automated crafting impossible due to reaching max weight (if crowfall uses that) or inventory space. IMO as long as the person is sitting thier watching it its ok... but afk macroing like that is technically botting. Do I mind botting in the campaigns? No... easy kill... free loot.

Its probably best to wait and see before jumping to conclusions. Ill form an actual opinion when I play alpha for a bit first.

Buff bots are ok too.

Edited by kiroelmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Multi boxing is really hard to do in a game that has action combat which tend to have limited tab targeting.  I ran into this on World of Warcraft and honestly there easy to screw up and take down. Cloning is mostly designed for PVE to allow someone to solo which I have never understood why people want to solo in an MMO. Macros and bots will always be out there, no way to avoid them. Even WOW cant stop them for as fast as they block one 3 new one arise. Honestly blocking them encourages the bot market to grow. If I sell you something and they block it I can redesign it and re sell it to you.

Edited by corechamber

There has already been topics on this but. Yeah multiboxing primarily a tab-targeting problem. The only effective way to multi-box in a title like this is to run harvesters and crafters that require minimal input as they did in Darkfall for instance while you go fight on your main.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Forum search turned up nothing. It is unfortunately limited in it's scope.

There are 4 different threads on the first page of the General Forums alone on multi-boxing in some fashion.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Fifty man armies? seriously, this is like, blow it out of proportions because I think it is not right....Argue the point but try to do it realistically.  If you knew anything about multi boxing you would realize with an action based game it will be almost impossible.  Lets not confuse multiple accounts with multi boxing.  Multi boxing is when you use skills and every client in the array uses the same skill.  Playing multiple accounts is having more then 1 account logged in at the same time with them all doing something different.

Fifty man armies? seriously, this is like, blow it out of proportions because I think it is not right....Argue the point but try to do it realistically.  If you knew anything about multi boxing you would realize with an action based game it will be almost impossible.  Lets not confuse multiple accounts with multi boxing.  Multi boxing is when you use skills and every client in the array uses the same skill.  Playing multiple accounts is having more then 1 account logged in at the same time with them all doing something different.

Seriously. In Shadowbane people could and did play ten characters simultaneously. Different character types using different skills. It could be done with one computer and a good set of macros.

Edited by zymurgeist

CF_Osgyth.png

Seriously. In Shadowbane people could and did play ten characters simultaneously. Different character types using different skills. It could be done with one computer and a good set of macros.

Keycloning and Macros are two different things. 

Yes, I ran 10 guys by myself and had 9 running on macros almost everyday. I never once keycloned.

Edited by handies

Making a kill list for multiboxers. Sign your name here so I can get your loot easily. I want to be first in line before other people catch onto this golden goose.

thenebrosity earned #1 on my list, it's a privilege and an honor <3

Hurry now, sign the rest of your alts on here so I can track them, incinerate them, and divvy the loot off to the different alliances a la barter system to get some tidy sum to put in the embargo vault. It's going to be a nice toasty inquisition.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Good luck successfully multiboxing an action based combat system... that is all that needs to be said. Those that are successful deserve it or cheat.

You don't need to be combat effective to affect combat. Even a decoy group moving around idly can yield big dividends. You don't have to be able to fight with all your characters at once either.

CF_Osgyth.png

Good luck successfully multiboxing an action based combat system... that is all that needs to be said. Those that are successful deserve it or cheat.

Common Adall .. really?

People hear multiboxing and automatically think "I can take multiboxed PvPers.."  Aside from PvP there is a s### ton more you can do with multi-boxed characters. I have multiple accounts so I can play multiple classes and have bots running around the map for what ever and have extra bank space.. lol I don't think I've ever mentioned anything about using 10 accounts "SIMULTANEOUSLY" to PvP.. in games like these that would either be very difficult or impossible to do effectively.. but having the ability to switch from a caster to an assassin to a warrior at whim sounds like fun to me.. any extra benefits I can pull from that like having a character dedicated to crafting or farming are just an added bonus.

Not to mention the 2-3 accounts I've dedicated to being Spy accounts that I've been developing here on the forums and already have a 2 of them in the "we accept everyone" guilds. One person disabling your siege weapons or summoning in your enemy behind your defenses can change the outcome of a battle.. and I plan on doing this.. multiple times, it's fun.

PS: I'll be keeping an eye out for whatever sorry guild Lastboy joins ^_^

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Common Adall .. really?

People hear multiboxing and automatically think "I can take multiboxed PvPers.."  Aside from PvP there is a s### ton more you can do with multi-boxed characters. I have multiple accounts so I can play multiple classes and have bots running around the map for what ever and have extra bank space.. lol I don't think I've ever mentioned anything about using 10 accounts "SIMULTANEOUSLY" to PvP.. in games like these that would either be very difficult or impossible to do effectively.. but having the ability to switch from a caster to an assassin to a warrior at whim sounds like fun to me.. any extra benefits I can pull from that like having a character dedicated to crafting or farming are just an added bonus.

Not to mention the 2-3 accounts I've dedicated to being Spy accounts that I've been developing here on the forums and already have a 2 of them in the "we accept everyone" guilds. One person disabling your siege weapons or summoning in your enemy behind your defenses can change the outcome of a battle.. and I plan on doing this.. multiple times. 

PS: I'll be keeping an eye out for what ever sorry guild Lastboy joins ^_^

You should not waste your worlds if they cant understand there is more to be gained then a few kills in pvp from mulitboxing.

You should not waste your worlds if they cant understand there is more to be gained then a few kills in pvp from mulitboxing.

Yeah, most of these guys have never multi-boxed so have no experience as to how fun and easy it could be. The sad thing about it is that they'll be the first ones to complain about how "unfair" it is and they'll be crying on the forums until something gets nerfed.. "THEY DON'T PLAY LIKE I DO PLEASE BAN THEM".

If anything, I really think they should be asking for the 1 character per campaign per account rule be lifted so they can play with their friends and not be forced to "start over" on a different campaign because their "main" is locked in a different campaign.

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO