Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An Assassin, A Pub, Endless Possibilities!

Riftblade123

(So my last RP died due to inactivity on my part, however my PC is fixed now and I am back! So I will be checking this board regularly (at least daily). So lets come and have fun, the players can decide where it goes!)

Lady Tayeko Darktongue. A lady who was slim with long dark purple hair. Her nails were painted the same colour and she wore armour that was coloured black. She had a crimson smile due to her lipstick (red in colour) and always walked slowly, letting her wings drape behind her, only slightly though.

Lady Tayeko Darktongue sat on a sofa made of fur, she gently runs her hands across the fur as she purrs, her wings stretched out as she smiles at the Barman and nods.

"Yes, just the usual. One of those "house reds" that you have that would be fantastic." Tayeko and the Barman had an understanding...She didn't pay and he didn't die, it was a good deal and a deal that he had, so far, lived up to. Tayeko was known for being a bit of a gripe but many a people came for her services. Ranging from the assassinations, tortures, interrogations and sometimes the odd kiss with her famous Darktongue.

She looked around the pub as she took a sip from the glass that had a dark red coloured wine in it. She kept her smile on her lips. She had the eyes of a lady who was looking for work, something to excite her, when was the last time she killed, an hour? A day? A week? Far too long for her tastes anyway!

"Where are all the fun people? If things don't change soon I may have to cause trouble..."

(Alright guys! So I want to know, how do you like my roleplaying style so far - trying to aim for a semi dark assassin who also comes across as semi-attractive and teasing)

(( I suppose I'll hop in here, try my hand at some writing. ))

Walking down the street was a large man, with a bow and quiver hung across his back. He slowly walked towards the building, the sign hung over the local pub's door swaying back and forth. He could feel the cold breeze of winter, biting at his skin. The thick black hood that he adorned, barely protected his face. Slowly, he lost the feeling in his fingers, all that remained was the tingling sensation as his hands became numb. Kieran Eaglebrook was used to this kind of weather, after all he had spent countless days in the wild, trying to scrounge for whatever food he could find.

His experiences showed, in not only his martial prowess, but his body as well. Kieran was a man of average height, with broad shoulders and a thick build. Small scars and wounds scattered across his body, most of them covered up by the leather armor he wears, the exception being a scar, stretched across his right cheek. His dark brown hair always kept at a medium length, if only to keep it out of his eyes. To some, he appeared intimidating, to others, they saw a man who had spent his life working in harsh conditions.

The door flung open, Kieran took a step in and pulled down his hood, the door slammed behind him. The warmth of the pub surrounded him, his body slowly returning to normal. It was strange to him, he was gone for so long that the freezing cold had almost became comforting to him. Regardless he would not refuse a warm room and a nice drink. Kieran sat down at an empty table in the corner, it was not long before the Barman found him. Kieran tossed him a few coins, and the Barman gave him his drink. Most of the time, he didn't have to say anything to him, it was somewhat of an understanding. Kieran was rigid about certain things, everytime he visited, he ordered the same drink and asked the same questions.

Sipping from his mug, Kieran began surveying the local patrons, his eyes darting back and forth. It was almost a game to him, to see how many people he could recognize. It was his job to know the land, the people, the political situation, or so Kieran believed. So it was no surprise that he spent much of his free time asking questions and observing the tavern.

His head stopped as he noticed someone unusual, someone new to him. She sat across the room, on the fur sofa the Barman loved so much. Kieran had seen quite a few of the locals, but this one managed to slip between his fingers. She was not only new to him, but she was more interesting than the rest of the rabble in town. Something about her seemed both enchanting and unsettling. Kieran couldn't help but observe her, "What is she doing here?", "Who is she?" he wondered.

Her eyes moved passed him, his heart skipped a beat. He had to wonder if she noticed him. "It's probably nothing ..." he mumbled to himself. Kieran disliked being spotted if he could help it, it was like a natural reaction at this point, his time spent hunting dangerous beasts had him well trained. He took a deep breath and stood up. Kieran approached the woman, gesturing with his hand, he asks her "Mind if I take this seat, fair lady?".

(( Would appreciate some OOC advice on my writing. ))

(( P.S. Sorry if this was a bit too long. ))

"Not at all, come, sit by me...I noticed the moment you came in...I must say you are definitely better company than most of the rabble here. I am Lady Tayeko Darktongue, a Fae but that is besides the point...So I find myself asking...What brings a man like you to a place like this?"

Tayeko had her wings stretched, her hands still stroking the fur lined sofa that she was on. She wanted to know who this man was, what did he want? What was it about him that drew him to sit near her? No one wanted to sit near her and those that did usually died because of the poisons she used...Yet she liked this man, he was big, strong, he could protect her, maybe even be of a service to her...How unusual.

(I love your writing, so far, will comment when I see more)

(I'll give it a stab)

A young Fae, Kaeari Blackmist, was sitting in the nearby alley. Her rain drenched black hair covered her face. She saw a large shadow of a man with a bow and quiver hung around his back that was walking down the street and slowly reached for her dagger just in case he tried to attack but he went into the bar. She sheathed her weapon and flew to the roof for a better view... A small town, this place was, but it was home.

(Am I godmodding with the town thing? Just wondering. Sorry Connal, I have the same character idea, I'll try to be more street-like though as opposed to your "Lady")

Edited by vaeryx

Kaeari flies away to the nearby forests, her wings flowing through the wind under the midnight sky.

She heads to the centre of the woods, the heart.

A shadowy figure appears before her.

"What do you want?" Kaeari asks the mysterious entity.

The entity takes a short moment then replies "Why so offensive?"

"I don't serve traitors like you!"

"I am not a traitor, listen, Kaeari, I need you to-"

"You need me to? You males truly are incompetent! I DON'T SERVE TRAITORS!"

"My dear, I am not a traitor, your Fae mentors have taught you to judge books by their covers... Listen... I need you to assassinate someone..."

The shadow and Kaeari plot the assassination until Kaeari flies away. She perches on a streetlamp just outside the pub. She spreads out her wings, draws her daggers and waits... 

(( Sorry to keep you waiting, time zones and all that. ))

"I don't believe we've met before. My name is Kieran, Kirean Eaglebrook. It's a pleasure to meet you Tayeko." Kieran sits down next to her and relaxes on the comfortable sofa. He turns to her and begins asking some curious questions. "Tayeko, tell me. How long have you been in town?", he pauses for a moment, "I've been in town for a few months now, and I haven't seen you around."

"I have been in town for a bit, maybe a few months, but I tend to keep to the other buildings, you know, the buildings that aren't too fancy. The only reason I came to this one was because I needed to see something, find something interesting to do and luckily, I have found that thing it seems. Kieran, you said? I must say it is pleasure to meet you."

Tayeko had one of her wings go behind Kieran, she didn't want someone as fun as this to escape. Just who was this curious man? What was he doing so close to her? And more importantly...Didn't he feel scared to be so close to a Fae who dressed like an assassin?

Edited by Connal123

Kieran smirks a bit, and responds, "The feeling is mutual, Tayeko. I've been looking for a bit of fun, and it's been nothing but work for the last three days." He relaxes a bit, and takes a drink from his mug. "I'm always open for some ... new opportunities." he pauses for a moment, "So, Tayeko. Did you have anything in mind?"

Tayeko giggled, taking a sip from her glass. She took her time to respond in her usual teasing way before responding.

"Well, I must say my kind aren't exactly...Kind to males, not usually at least. But I am rather the black sheep of my flock. I see males as useful from time to time and if you want...I can take you to a place you wouldn't believe, a place so beautiful that even the Gods are in awe of it...Hellspires is what I have come to call it. It is a place I call home and I hope to use it as a place to breed an army to fight for justice...For peace. Usually I keep such a place to myself but I am willing to make an exception, this once."

She offered Kieran a hand, her fingers were like silk. What lay in wait at Hellspires? What was this mythical place?! Who knew...

(The adventure begins! Hurry and jump in folks! :D)

A duelist, with black as pitch fur, and a gold earring in her left ear can be found in the main foyer, sapphire eyes glow with curiosity Coin sits on the stairs, cleaning her black fur, and munches on a bag of sunflower seeds, and waits on Lady Tayeko, muttering 'bloody Elf, can't even buy good seeds' goes into a three story dolls house, she slams the door, and places the seeds on the table, and stomps up to her bed,

Edited by Evildoer2512

Kaeari spotted her target inside the tavern, the man she'd seen earlier, her employer told her his name was Kieran Eaglebrook, he appeared to be a tough man to assassinate but his bow showed that he preferred to fight at a range, maybe if she gained his trust then killed him from behind while they were walking...

She thought her plan over then went into the pub and stabbed one of her drawn daggers into the wooden bar, this got the bartender's attention, she snapped "Bloodwine! Now!"

The bartender hurried to get the glass and poured a thick bright red alcohol into it and placed it directly beside the dagger before going back to what he was doing earlier.

Kaeari began re thinking her plan. Kieran was much stronger than he'd looked through the window. She walked over to him and another Fae who he seemed to be talking to. "Traitorous scum" she thought as she walked by the Fae.

"Hi"

Edited by vaeryx

"Oh? Another Fae? Well this is unexpected...And with those weapons I can guess what you are up to. However, I can make you a better deal...Drop your contract and come with me to Hellspires, my kingdom. I will explain all that needs explaining and I can almost guarantee that once you have heard what happens in my kingdom, you will want to be a part of it...What say you, both of you?"

Tayeko smiled, she knew that she could get the Fae on side and she was pretty confident that she could get Kieran on side as well. This plan was fool proof - nothing was going to stop her raising the army of Hellspires, she just hoped that Coin was ready...Coin, she pondered how her two new potential friends would take to Coin! her smile grew as she waited.

(( Off to bed now, but will talk in the morning :D email me and tell me how your liking this RP :) ))

Kaeari slips her other dagger out of her sleeve and puts it back into its sheath, "Name? How much will you pay? What's the Hellspires?"

...She whispers to the other Fae, "and tell me, what exactly do you think I'm doing?"

Edited by vaeryx

Kieran seems surprised, he says "Another one? So soon?" as his eyebrow slightly raises "The more the merrier I suppose, it's good to see new faces, surely.". His heard turns back to Tayeko and he says, "Please, continue. Tell us more about this ... Hellspires." He extends his hand to Tayeko.

Edited by Hunter64

Turns to the Fae.

"My name is Tayeko Darktongue, I can make a continuous amount of payment, perhaps even give you both a title that you are worthy off, perhaps even grant you some land that is yours to do with as you with. Hellspires is a kingdom, my kingdom, it is a place where I created peace and tranquility. Unfortunately, for such a place to exist, other places have to fall. However, I am sure you are willing to at least see what Hellspires is like."

She opens a portal. Taking the mans hand she gently pulls him through, weather or not the Fae came was her decision. However, on the other side was a vast kingdom. Little bars and homes everywhere, a vast forest to the south of the kingdom, as far as the eye can see but these houses looked well kept, clean. The streets were lit with candle lights and beautiful but the most impressive building was the one the portal opened up in - a vast tower that looked out over the place. IF you stood inside the portal, you were now in a main room - just at the entrance of the Tower. Tayeko smiled at her new friend(s).

"So, welcome to Hellspires. It is a place where we want to simply live in peace, but as you must know to maintain such a kingdom, we need resources, people who can plan attacks and also keep the other people in line. It has been my duty, as queen, to recruit these people. To create the Inner Circle, the champions, the much more."

Tayeko had a wide smile on her lips, her wings outstretched, she...Was...Home!!!