Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astaroth

Who Is Actually Planning A Dedicated Crafter?

Anyone actually planning on becoming a dedicated crafter and master of the economy? I think it would be really awesome but delusions of grandeur make me want to be on the frontlines.

Astaroth.jpg

You will need suppliers.  There are no resources in the Eternal Kingdoms.  Dedicated crafters will need to be part of a larger network of some sort.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Funny thing is, gatherers will need people to supply.  One would hope that the two will get together somehow and make sweet, beautiful items.

I suspect that this game will be more ouchy bleedy than touchy feely though...  So less 'supplier' and more 'procurer'...

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

I'm just curious to see if people are really planning on going full crafter, or to have a fighter that dabbles or a dedicated alternate. ACE has said that they want to create a system where pure crafters are possible and enjoyable, like say an EVE Manufacturer. But I agree, a crafter without a supply partner is as useless as a soldier without items. Excited for the networks that will form.

Astaroth.jpg

I'm just curious to see if people are really planning on going full crafter, or to have a fighter that dabbles or a dedicated alternate. ACE has said that they want to create a system where pure crafters are possible and enjoyable, like say an EVE Manufacturer. But I agree, a crafter without a supply partner is as useless as a soldier without items. Excited for the networks that will form.

Since I will have 3 characters, I very well may make one of them a full crafter to either benefit from my (or my guild's) resources, or if I want to help a campaign in a more limited capacity (semi-AFK) waiting for a shipment to come in.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Since I will have 3 characters, I very well may make one of them a full crafter to either benefit from my (or my guild's) resources, or if I want to help a campaign in a more limited capacity (semi-AFK) waiting for a shipment to come in.

I don't know the exact source but I remember ACE saying that alternate crafters wouldn't be efficient enough. Not sure I believe it but... Let me try to dig it up.

Either way I think a VIP account that lets you level 3 at once should suffice. If it turns out you can name weapons or at least get your name as the creator I may go hard into crafting

Astaroth.jpg

I think the chance for this will more than likely be realized down the line.    I know it will be beneficial for guilds to have a dedicated crafter or two especially in the campaigns.   After 6 months to a year, who knows?  Nothing is easy to begin with and will have to be built, from the ground up, just like any other business/ profession.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think the chance for this will more than likely be realized down the line.    I know it will be beneficial for guilds to have a dedicated crafter or two especially in the campaigns.   After 6 months to a year, who knows?  Nothing is easy to begin with and will have to be built, from the ground up, just like any other business/ profession.

Yea... I wonder how in demand they will be - I imagine quite in demand, so it could be cool do be a somewhat renown crafter. Even if you are only renown within your guild or circle.

I really do hope they implement some other benefits like item customization (naming items, changing color schemes, putting your signature on it, etc.) I think that would generate a bigger incentive.

Astaroth.jpg

Someone will have to be if we want decent, easily crafted high-end gear in the first few campaigns.

Or if we want to build cities and forts effectively to defend our land.

Or if we want to have a successful campaign at all.

Edited by Adall

My primary character will be a crafter. I hope to grow a big EK not sure how possible that will be.  I can mindlessly gather and craft all day, especially if its like the eve crafting system. 

I'm still not be able to wrap my head around winning a campaign and getting resources and how much are coming out of these worlds.   To me it limits the amount of EK crafters.

My primary character will be a crafter. I hope to grow a big EK not sure how possible that will be.  I can mindlessly gather and craft all day, especially if its like the eve crafting system. 

I'm still not be able to wrap my head around winning a campaign and getting resources and how much are coming out of these worlds.   To me it limits the amount of EK crafters.

It is because EK crafting is mostly pointless. It is a 'for fun' thing, not a 'it matters' thing.

Anyone actually planning on becoming a dedicated crafter and master of the economy? I think it would be really awesome but delusions of grandeur make me want to be on the frontlines.

Everyone will be a crafter of some sorts, and I'm assuming everyone's got at least 3 accounts for crafting and scouting campaigns. Since best gear comes from crafting everyone should have a rather advanced crafter

Yea... I wonder how in demand they will be - I imagine quite in demand, so it could be cool do be a somewhat renown crafter. Even if you are only renown within your guild or circle.

I really do hope they implement some other benefits like item customization (naming items, changing color schemes, putting your signature on it, etc.) I think that would generate a bigger incentive.

I would imagine in campaigns, in guilds, highly valued and always under risk.   I don't see those unless they chose that game play, being there because they like to craft.  I see them using it as a stepping stone to bigger things.   I will probably be flamed for this but, I see most crafters greatest reward is w/in themselves, and I am not saying that in a bad way.  They must get a high level of satisfaction from producing that one item that no one has been able to produce.  That ONE thing that is totally unique.   I am not a crafter but have read so many posts that I am thinking the game for them is totally different from someone that wants to PvP.  I want to kill things lol.   Not a crafter nor a gatherer.  I will do it if I have to.   But as much as I want to be on in the thick of things ( my idea of the game ) I think their idea is completely different.  And just as satisfying to them as a kill will be to me.   Hard for either side to understand the other.  Perhaps CF will help to bridge that gap of understanding.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

It is because EK crafting is mostly pointless. It is a 'for fun' thing, not a 'it matters' thing.

All gear will be players crafter, aka best gear in game is crafted

I know, what is your point exactly?

You said EK crafting was a for fun thing, but that's where you would be crafting all your gear

You said EK crafting was a for fun thing, but that's where you would be crafting all your gear

No, you craft your gear in the campaigns. Most import rules so far show you get to bring in nothing or bring in equipped gear. You won't be going back to get more stuff when you lose it the first time.