Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
puddledux

Proving Grounds- Gods And You

So from the Gods video the Gods use are using the dying worlds as their proving grounds to see who will be the new king of the Gods.

How would players feel if the ability to play campaigns was related to proven battle experience? Proving to the Gods that your Champion is capable of greater tasks.

You need to win a "Gods Reach" before you are eligible to play "The Infected" and so on so forth.

Abandoning a campaign would lose you favor with the Gods and drop you down a Tier. Want to abandon "The Dregs", well you will have to win in the "The Shadows" to earn favor and the right to play in "The Dregs" again.

Thoughts?

Well, there are those that never intend to go to the Dregs.  What do you do w/ them?  Give them a refund?  :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

The other way around is better.

• I'd like to score some gear to bring into the outer worlds when we go there.
  • Most gonzos would likely try to hide in outer world campaigns because they don't think they can win a FFA campaign
  • If hardon hardcore guilds won't play outer worlds, maybe there can be a campaign that allows inner world embargo vaults to export straight to the outer world, as if it were an EK. Such a campaign would likely have non-timed conditions dictate the passage of seasons.

Honestly, you are the type of person that is much to competitive, has zero compassion for other people and think you are better than everyone else. You likely love to troll people on a day to day bases to get others angry and laugh about it. You make playing any online game unfun for everyone else.  -Kuroaka

I love games with a story finely woven to its design, so if they add something similar to what you're suggesting, I would be happy.

There's an interview with J Todd and MMORPG that I particularly loved to read, it was specifically about the Crowfall's Gods and Heroes.

"Favor? I'm the one making favors here. Only the mad dogs come to play in this mud while those old bastards are licking their butts in their wonderlands. I don't need them, they need me! There's a motive for i have been brought back from the dead, if they are dissatisfied, bury me back. Let's see how much of those velvet ladies that they have there can take my job."

Al'ysra Shadowfang

It's a good way to gate away deserters from Shadows and Dregs though.

With only poison in my veins!

cm5oDMm.png

I love games with a story finely woven to its design, so if they add something similar to what you're suggesting, I would be happy.

There's an interview with J Todd and MMORPG that I particularly loved to read, it was specifically about the Crowfall's Gods and Heroes.

Thanks for the link, good interview

I think you could make this more dynamic by having it be tied to a piece of gear or a relic.  To enter a campaign, you need this amulet that you got from x campaign which is consumed upon entry.  That would allow people who don't want to play to sell them for some monetary gain.

I think the whole idea is against there being different rules etc in the first place.

I for one would not like to spend a year playing in campaigns I don't like just to get to the real game.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I think the whole idea is against there being different rules etc in the first place.

I for one would not like to spend a year playing in campaigns I don't like just to get to the real game.

Yeah that's the exact themepark hand holding on rails crap some(most?) of us are here to avoid.

Interesting, I thought most of us would be here for challenging PVP, I would rather compete knowing the players I am facing are competent.

Being forced to play on Campaigns you don't want to in order to play on ones you do isn't adding challenge. Its simply adding frustration and a grind players will come to loathe.

Its also not very fair to players. If your favorite Campaign is the first in the "Tier" then great you're set. But if you really just want to play in the Dregs, you are now forced to play ones you don't want to and are likely not fitting with your playstyle.

So like Cirolle said this idea is pretty much the opposite of the concept of the game of having different campaigns and rulesets, if we can't really pick the one we want to play on.

Philosophically, we have tried really hard to separate "how I want to roleplay" and "how I want to play" so that the decisions are not intertwined (i.e. choosing one doesn't force the other.)  

I like the idea of "graduating into" other Campaigns, but really I think that is more appropriate for the Tournament system IMO.  

The different rulesets are there to give players options.  If possible, we should try not to force people to go through experiences they won't enjoy, to access to the experiences they will. 

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

The different rulesets are there to give players options.  If possible, we should try not to force people to go through experiences they won't enjoy, to access to the experiences they will. 

I do not enjoy the act of having to wait, just to access the experience of playing the game.  ;)

Press to test...

*click*

Release to detonate...

I like the idea of "graduating into" other Campaigns, but really I think that is more appropriate for the Tournament system IMO. 

It might be a good idea to have a set of 'tutorial' or 'newbie' campaigns, short week-or-two things for players to get their feet wet. Quick campaign times, fairly simple conditions, possibly limited to accounts (or characters) less than however-long old.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

So from the Gods video the Gods use are using the dying worlds as their proving grounds to see who will be the new king of the Gods.

How would players feel if the ability to play campaigns was related to proven battle experience? Proving to the Gods that your Champion is capable of greater tasks.

You need to win a "Gods Reach" before you are eligible to play "The Infected" and so on so forth.

Abandoning a campaign would lose you favor with the Gods and drop you down a Tier. Want to abandon "The Dregs", well you will have to win in the "The Shadows" to earn favor and the right to play in "The Dregs" again.

Thoughts?

The unfortunate part is that in order to win at certain levels requires that you are part of an organized group.  Faction can do better with less organization as you will have (roughly) 1/3 of the population.  Gods becomes far more difficulty as (ideally) you would have 1/12 the population.  Guilds... well that is going to depend on size.  I for one hope they have a mercenary/alliance in-game system temporarily allowing you to assign friends.... then again if friendly fire is a thing then it would not matter much anyways.

The dregs should be open to all because it is free-for-all.

What I think may have to happen, along the winning lines the OP suggests, may eventually need to be some sort of grouping based on previous campaign performance.  They will undoubtedly be using personal, guild, god ladders as PvPers love that sort of thing.  But if there will be multiple instances of each ruleset, then you run the risk of certain guilds/gods completely dominating.  While that can be fun, it is also a danger to player retention.  Perhaps a system where performance dictates Greater/Lesser gods and guilds constantly flowing (to new campaigns).

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

It might be a good idea to have a set of 'tutorial' or 'newbie' campaigns, short week-or-two things for players to get their feet wet. Quick campaign times, fairly simple conditions, possibly limited to accounts (or characters) less than however-long old.

No, absolutely and wholeheartedly no. Players need to realize what Crowfall is about. Not to get handheld the first steps, to further their appetite just to have realize that swimming in the deeper pool is not for them.

No, absolutely and wholeheartedly no. Players need to realize what Crowfall is about. Not to get handheld the first steps, to further their appetite just to have realize that swimming in the deeper pool is not for them.

I would agree.  Any "tutorial" should be limited to clearing out your EK so you get a feel of the combat system.  After that, its into the fire!

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif