Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thisismyemail

Playable races

I'd like to see the traditional host of high fantasy races with a few additional ones. Maybe the fir bolg from irish and celtic lore.

What I don't want to see as playable are dragons and demons. Dragons are supposed to be colossal big bads of the game and they lose a ton of their appeal and epicness when put in the hands of acquirable at level 1 by players. And they lose a lot of their badassery when in the hands of trolling 12 year olds.

Keep the big bads, well big bads and the lesser races rise to the challenge of defeating them.

I'd like to see the traditional host of high fantasy races with a few additional ones. Maybe the fir bolg from irish and celtic lore.

What I don't want to see as playable are dragons and demons. Dragons are supposed to be colossal big bads of the game and they lose a ton of their appeal and epicness when put in the hands of acquirable at level 1 by players. And they lose a lot of their badassery when in the hands of trolling 12 year olds.

Keep the big bads, well big bads and the lesser races rise to the challenge of defeating them.

Why do dragons have to be "Big bads" in the first place?

One of the things I always liked about Dragons in many popular fantasy worlds/books was that they are intelligent creatures and are in fanct not usually all "evil."

Playing as a dragon has the ability to bring new types of gameplay and styles to mmorpgs that we usually don't get.

The original idea with Horizons was that players that played Dragons would start out small, not really have the ability to fly and would be fairly weak when it comes to pvp.

It would take time and work to make your dragon into an elder/big dragon, which in turn would become quite powerful, have full flight, and would require a large group of say, humans to be able to take you out. However this version of the game never made it to market.

Being able to have a character that could actually fly (as in fly realistically, high up in the air, gain speed by diving, be able to roll, etc) is something I've dreamed of having for an available character race in an mmo for a long time.

I played the Aracoix in Shadowbane because of this but they had very limited flight that well, might as well not have really been "flight" but more so gave them move speed instead.

What I found appealing the most about Shadowbane is it gave us Centaurs, Minotaurs, Aracoix and others that most other mmo's only allow npc's to be.

I think Crowfall could go even further if they wish.

A race of Cats :3!

But not like boring hyper-realistc khajit....but not like humans with some cat features.

I want a toony realism balance.

Like Thunder cats. Yea.

Edited by phatcat09

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

Centaurs might be a little OP, though. Having a mount from the start and you know...

I'm sure it will be balanced perfectly, if they add it, though.

So they hit harder, doesn't mean they hit accurately, and it doesn't mean they'll be able to catch a smaller much faster race.

So they hit harder, doesn't mean they hit accurately, and it doesn't mean they'll be able to catch a smaller much faster race.

Like an Ewok?

*points at your profile pic*  :)

SB centaurs got speed gimped pretty early after launch. Then there were other speed enhancements. Windlords, buffs, traveling stance. It took up valuable starting stat points to play centaur with big drawbacks to dexterity and intelligence that ended up balancing things out.

I don't care what the races are, as long as they actually matter.  Most games have basically nothing different between them other than some starting stats and maybe a skill or two.  No developer is willing to risk actually interesting racial differences, like how their combat works, how their health/mana regen works, how their inventory works, how they may interact with different things, or even basic things like how their height might change things or how their movement works.  I never feel like my race.  Just a hairy/scaly/short human that works basically exactly the same as all the others.

Wait like Groot the tree? Because for some reason I wanna be a Groot (the superhero) and be an archer. Do we even know if archery is in the game? Because I really hope it is.

I'm a big fan of exotic races. Most MMO's are kinda bland in the race department. Human, human with pointy ears (elves), short stocky human with beard (dwarves)...

Probably my current fav race are Worgen in WoW. Despite some ridiculous animations, I enjoy their aesthetics. And things like werewolves are not playable in most MMO's.

I'd also like to see something like a fish type race. 

Pandarian_jinyu.png

oh, and of course I want a Rhino race!

8a7f36c5f6a043e1b8b86ffa48590632.jpg

Edited by rhino